• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

Rate this topic

I'm not even mad. Game 4 was the series for me. A first round exit isn't going to cut it in Hockeytown though so there will be some changes to the roster in the off season. I bet we see a slightly different product out there next year. 1 more year Nick!

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

I'm not even mad. Game 4 was the series for me. A first round exit isn't going to cut it in Hockeytown though so there will be some changes to the roster in the off season. I bet we see a slightly different product out there next year. 1 more year Nick!

I want to believe that the Wings will make some changes but lately it seems like Illitch is spending his money on the Tigers rather than the Hockey team. I could be wrong and I hope I am but not making a splash in free agency and then not making hardly any moves at the deadline, I can't help but wonder whats going on. It could also be that Holland is undervaluing free agents. My first Red flag was Wisniewski saying that the wings expect there players to take a discount to come and play for them. I realize the salary cap restrictions but why did we play the whole season with $6 million in the bank. I mean Columbus spent more money than we did this year. It is just mind blowing.

+

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I've witnessed as much cynicism and idiotic hyperbole as I have on this board tonight. I'm embarrassed for some of you, even though I only know you by your usual reps.

And you know? It's NOT like the players AND coaches AND Holland don't feel like s*** right now too?

I still wish everybody a great summer. Peace out.

Hell of a post man.

+ for you.

Ya I'm also hammered that's the only way I would ever have the balls to blame Datsyuk...I just have hard time time giving Franzen s*** when he was never a player that could carrey a team offensively and all of sudden he is expected to this year

Agreed. Franzen shouldn't be traded because he's awesome scoring depth. The trouble is, he only scores when he feels like it so we shouldn't rely on him to spark our offense. Holland should go get a hard working sniper or power forward who will drive the net and score consistently, and then Franzen will just be this great plus on our offensive lines. If he's traded all of a sudden we're worse off offensively which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I want to believe that the Wings will make some changes but lately it seems like Illitch is spending his money on the Tigers rather than the Hockey team. I could be wrong and I hope I am but not making a splash in free agency and then not making hardly any moves at the deadline, I can't help but wonder whats going on. It could also be that Holland is undervaluing free agents. My first Red flag was Wisniewski saying that the wings expect there players to take a discount to come and play for them. I realize the salary cap restrictions but why did we play the whole season with $6 million in the bank. I mean Columbus spent more money than we did this year. It is just mind blowing.

I wanted the Wiz as much as any Wings' fan last summer. But he wanted WAAAAY too much money. Columbus severely overpaid for a player of his calibre. Let's put his salary in perspective. Wisniewski is making $5.5million per season. That's only $700k less than Lidstrom and over $1million more than Kronwall. This is the type of crap that happens when you have a poor free agent pool like last summer. Ken Holland will pay high market value for a player who is really worth that type of money. As he did with Hossa. Now when it comes to the trade deadline it's a different story. I believe Ken Holland overvalues his own players and prospects. This why we haven't seen many trades the last couple years. The Wings have plenty of money and capspace to play with this summer. And they better make something GOOD happen. This team really needs some fresh blood in that locker room. It's time to cut loose some of the hanger-ons as well.

I believe Holland will make a big plash for this new season. This is why he kept the money back and he will have more to play with as some players will retire or be let go. Franzen, to me is an enigma and I would certainly keep him. My main objective for Franzen, next year, would be to centre his own line. That's his natural position - so have him play it. Then you would have Dats, Z, Franzen and Helm. I think that could be 4 strong lines. Will Bacock consider this? Of course not because he lives in a bubble.

I believe Holland will make a big plash for this new season. This is why he kept the money back and he will have more to play with as some players will retire or be let go. Franzen, to me is an enigma and I would certainly keep him. My main objective for Franzen, next year, would be to centre his own line. That's his natural position - so have him play it. Then you would have Dats, Z, Franzen and Helm. I think that could be 4 strong lines. Will Bacock consider this? Of course not because he lives in a bubble.

Pretty sure you live in the bubble.

I'm not sure how great of a center Franzen is, "natural" position or not. However, I'd be fine with keeping him if he is on the third line, and centering a line should force him to move his feet, which he hasn't done in years.

Then we need to ask ourselves a few things: would he have even 20 goals a season at his current level if it wasn't for Pavel Datsyuk? Is a guy on an 11-year contract at $4mil cap-hit, while getting paid $5+mil worth it for a 3rd line center who may or may not contribute 20+ goals and adds nothing else in the physical, defensive, or even effort department?

The guy was finally put on the 4th line, where he should have been for a while now. What sparked this demotion now? Apparently the guy who 2/3 of LGW thought would be our savior all season couldn't bother to show up for a single game of the first round series, and didn't look to show up for the elimination game.

Wow... just saw the FS Detroit interview with Homer. Keating ends by asking him if he has thought about his future. Holmstrom's reaction "you gotta be kidding". I hate that there are guys who have the drive without the tools, and guys with the tools without the drive. If this was his last playoff, I thought he competed as much as he possibly could and he'll be missed :(

It's sinking in now.

We're out.

We've been eliminated in the FIRST ROUND.

It sucks. This shouldn't happen. But when you have an old, stale team that seriously lacks offensive fire-power, what more could we have realistically expected?

I should have known they would come out with the effort they did. Yesterday I saw a terrible omen:

I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, at the School of Architecture building turning in papers to graduate, riding the high of a well-presented project, when I see a Red Wings sweater! "Wow, how great!" I think, usually seeing no NHL fans, and only recently seeing some Blackhawks bandwagoners.

As the guy got closer, I see the number on the sweater...... 29. It was a Jason Williams sweater... The end, I thought, was truly nigh.

I'm not sure how great of a center Franzen is, "natural" position or not. However, I'd be fine with keeping him if he is on the third line, and centering a line should force him to move his feet, which he hasn't done in years.

Then we need to ask ourselves a few things: would he have even 20 goals a season at his current level if it wasn't for Pavel Datsyuk? Is a guy on an 11-year contract at $4mil cap-hit, while getting paid $5+mil worth it for a 3rd line center who may or may not contribute 20+ goals and adds nothing else in the physical, defensive, or even effort department?

The guy was finally put on the 4th line, where he should have been for a while now. What sparked this demotion now? Apparently the guy who 2/3 of LGW thought would be our savior all season couldn't bother to show up for a single game of the first round series, and didn't look to show up for the elimination game.

More like 90% of LGW. In stark contrast, I was hoping to be wrong, but I was 100% sure he wasn't going to. There were a few of us, but we were definitely in the minor of minorist (yes, made up word) minorities!

Edited by LeftWinger

Reading some of the comments from last night... Such a joke how so many people want Holland fired. I wonder if some of you guys still feel that way after you've had a chance to cool off. Do you feel any shame for saying such ridiculous things?

Reading some of the comments from last night... Such a joke how so many people want Holland fired. I wonder if some of you guys still feel that way after you've had a chance to cool off. Do you feel any shame for saying such ridiculous things?

Are you being sarcastic?

Are you being sarcastic?

No.

I just don't understand how people can say such things after all the success Holland has brought to this team. And let's say he does get fired. Who replaces him? Also, people at various times during the season wanted Babcock fired. Who would replace him? The GM and coaches can only do so much. The majority of the blame for this season should go to the players because after all, it's up to the players to play the game.