• Please log in to reply
1100 replies to this topic

#21 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

I'm not done watching this team play this season, extend it to game 6 and beyond guys, GO WINGS!!!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Game Five, Conference Playoff Format Era (since 1993-94)
This is the 31st Game Five in a Conference Playoff Series. The Club's record in the previous 30 games:
15W-15L

This is the 8th Game Five in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:
2W-5L

This is the 13th Game Five in a Conference Quarter-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 12 games:
8W-4L

This is the 2nd Game Five in a Conference Quarter-Final without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous game:
1W

Game Five in Conference Format Era with Series 1-3 (since 1993-94)
This is the 5th Game Five Conference Era Playoff Series with the series 1-3. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:
2W-2L

This is the 1st Game Five in a Conference Quarter-Final in the Conference Era with the series 1-3.

On This Day
April 20
This is the 8th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:
5W-2L

This is the 2nd playoff game played on this day v. Nashville. The Club’s record in the previous game:
1W

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

the only thing i ask is play with heart
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#24 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Play like you don't want it to be your captains last game.

Edited by Rick D, 20 April 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#25 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Love the additions to the OP Mike.

As much as I hate to say this, we need to play like Pittsburgh did the other night. I know there is now way we could get 10 goals, but 3 or 4 would be nice. Just play desperate because if you don't win this you will be watching the rest of the playoffs.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#26 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Really hoping to hear some great news after work tonight! Lets ramp this s*** up a couple notches and make it a series!! LGW
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#27 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

The GF is coming over for this one. She's 3-0 with Winfs games so far. Hopefully the trend continues.

GO WINGS
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Let's NOT have Lidstrom go out the same way Yzerman did, in the first round. Let's bring this thing back to Detroit!

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

beautiful GDT, Mike. Thanks!!

Wings: win this one for Nick... and move on to win two more. I know you have it in you, just do it. :clap:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#30 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Datsyuk quote from last year (during Sharks series): "What locker room you come to? What'd you expect? Never give up."

It could happen, right? Let's go Wings. Starts tonight. Nothing to lose.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#31 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Datsyuk quote from last year (during Sharks series): "What locker room you come to? What'd you expect? Never give up."

It could happen, right? Let's go Wings. Starts tonight. Nothing to lose.

Absolutely love that quote!! Feel the same way but it needs to translate to the ice. Let's bring it back to the Joe and see where we go from there.
  • Ram likes this
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Let's NOT have Lidstrom go out the same way Yzerman did, in the first round. Let's bring this thing back to Detroit!

This! This! A million times, This!

#33 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I think Jimmy is going to have a huge game

I've gotta agree with you. His lapse in Game 4 was totally uncharacteristic of his play over the last couple of years. We can count on Jimmy, people. Maybe Nashville starts to think they smell blood in the water, they take more shots, Jimmy stays warm and involved in the game like Rinne Tuesday, and the Wings get those couple of odd-man rushes that equal a win. Maybe I'm doing some wishful thinking, but it's worth it. LGW!
"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#34 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

The GF is coming over for this one. She's 3-0 with Winfs games so far. Hopefully the trend continues.

GO WINGS

Tell her thanks for her efforts! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

One game at a time. There are no more second chances. There is no room for error.. This is as big of a must-win you could ever face. For King (Lidstrom) and Country (Hockeytown). I BELIEVE! LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#36 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Al: WHAT'S ALL THIS LYING AROUND s***?!

LGW: Season's over man, Bettman won.

Al: Over? Did you say "over"?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

LGW: Germans?
Pasha: Shhh, he on roll

Al: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

LGW: <_<

Al: What the hell happened to the Detroit fans? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Al, we might get hurt again." Well just kiss my ASS from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Weber, He's a dead man! Rinne, dead! Trotz -

Hank: DEAD! Al's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Al: We're just the guys to do it!

LGW: LET'S DO IT!

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren:

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#37 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Do not let Lids go out this way. Win for him, let's bring this back to the Joe for game 6.. Believe.

LET'S GO RED WINGS
IPB Image

#38 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

GREAT work, Mike! LOVE the added touches of humor. And boy, could we use 'em now!

LIDS AND HELMER AND EAVES, OH MY!

LIDS AND HELMER AND EAVES, OH MY!!

Go for it, me Buckos!!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#39 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

GO WINGS!!!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#40 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Great graphics Mike. Thanks for taking the time. :clap:

Hey, Rinne!

Posted Image

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke