• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

Rate this topic

I laugh at your idiocy. Pav played on a line with an invisible donkey all series, a 4th line grinder on 1 leg for half, and a slow former power forward who has brick hands the other half of the series and yet was noticeable 95% of the time he was out there. Hardly meaningless.

Well said!

Can I pool my + quota for the entire off-season into this one post?

Franzen is soft bread and Holland hasn't done anything besides slow the bleeding by filling retired players' roster spots. The last 3 years of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's prime wasted by neglecting to provide them with scoring wingers. Franzen and Bertuzzi are what pass as top line power forwards on this team :nonono:

He'll re-sign Holmstrom and Hudler for the summer and that will be it. "Fire Kenny" is beginning to have a nice ring to it.

Why does someone have to pay you to do this?

I'm imagining a rolled sign that would be wide enough to cover the doors from left to right in big font.

Everyone blames Franzen cause he hasn't scored 80 goals to compensate this team... Franzen should have scored 5 goals a game like he is paid to do... Franzen blew out those teams because we had a good team he can't single handedly win games for you when Datsyuk just wants to dangle around and have no impact in a game since he played with hossa

4 cups in 16 years, and the expectation is the same. Cup or bust. The fans have no tolerance for failure. It was frustrating, I agree. At the same time, this team has come back and competed every season. Kenny will make the right changes and this team will compete again next season.

Theres a difference between failure and embarrassing failure. This series was embarrassing failure. Normally I would agree with you that Holland will make the right changes but I have lost faith in that. This team has had pretty much the same problems for 3 seasons now and he has yet to make any significant move to fix them. What makes you so sure this year will be any different?

and we don't even have our first round pick which will be higher than usual

Holland went for broke acquiring Quincey. Don't know how this team could have possibly lost.

The preds defense was absolutely flawless all series. They deserve to win.

Yes, it was and yes they did. Their forechecking was unbelievable. They were everywhere. It's called PARITY, people. PARITY. And coaching.

Edited by Vladifan

Datsyuk has been my favorite player for years but he has been completely useless this whole series and has only shown glimpses of brilliance all year... That's part of the problems with Franzen ... Datsyuk has looked like s*** for weeks and than makes a brilliant pass for a goal and everyone forgets that he has been floating... Deking ppl out with no significant outcome all year

:blink:

...are... are you actually serious?? So the problem with Franzen is that Datsyuk sucks, Datsyuk has sucked all year, and Datsyuk has been FLOATING?? I honestly can't even comprehend the twisted universe you must live in. Does Johan know you post on LGW, Mrs. Franzen?

The stupidity is really... really disturbing.

Theres a difference between failure and embarrassing failure. This series was embarrassing failure. Normally I would agree with you that Holland will make the right changes but I have lost faith in that. This team has had pretty much the same problems for 3 seasons now and he has yet to make any significant move to fix them. What makes you so sure this year will be any different?

Nightfall thinks their s*** smells like rose petals and is incapable of seeing the team objectively. I say that because anyone who thinks Holland is going to improve this team when he's done f***-all in that area for three seasons straight now, clearly can't see the forest for the trees. The team is flawed.

I do understand the frustration and anger towards the coaching staff, ownership, and players, but jeez....

4 cups in 16 years, and the expectation is the same. Cup or bust. The fans have no tolerance for failure. It was frustrating, I agree. At the same time, this team has come back and competed every season. Kenny will make the right changes and this team will compete again next season.

I understand this, but lets talk about this seasons playoffs. Who really competed? Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary, Hudler (can't believe I'm saying that), Nyquist, Lidstrom, White, Ericsson and Quincey had some good moments and some bad. Not enough guys brought it when it mattered, we need to bring in guys who compete. We have no guys that change momentum anymore, we don't have guys that go out after a bad goal against and hit guys and throw everything at the net to generate energy. Like I said, this is a 5th place team in the West and they showed it.

going to blame babs on some of the losses

4 games, lines obv not working. keep them all the same? what are you thinking

pavel isnt getting s*** done with cleary bert or franzen

put him with ******* zetterberg? did we not win a cup with that line?

I have no hatred towards Nashville. They didn't dive, the refs didn't hand them anything, they won the right way. Congratulations Nashville, good luck to you. The Wings were a 5th place hockey team, they lost in 5 games. It's unacceptable, it has to get better. We need to get younger, we need some more speed and grit, and more then anything we need guys that compete night in and night out.

+

Everyone blames Franzen cause he hasn't scored 80 goals to compensate this team... Franzen should have scored 5 goals a game like he is paid to do... Franzen blew out those teams because we had a good team he can't single handedly win games for you when Datsyuk just wants to dangle around and have no impact in a game since he played with hossa

So if Franzen cant score when consistently getting first line minutes with one of the top 3 playmakers in the league what does he need to get to score? Lightning to strike the opposing netminder?

He'll re-sign Holmstrom and Hudler for the summer and that will be it. "Fire Kenny" is beginning to have a nice ring to it.

Oh, you mean the ever popular "growth from within" method <_<

Babcock has known this team is flawed for years. You can hear him hint at it and show some frustration by the lack of action from management.

I don't agree with anyone that says Babcock needs to go. He has some flaws for sure, but he's a hell of a coach and could do damage with a team better constructed.

Holland is entering a make or break summer. "We like our team" after three early exits will not be acceptable to anyone. It shouldn't have been two straight years, but he has to come out aggressive for once. He already wasted the end of Nick's career and Pavel and Z are not exactly young either.

Guest irishock

We have to find a way to get back on top of the conference. Holland did it after 06 when the Yzerman Shanahan era ended. He has to find that magic touch somehow.

going to blame babs on some of the losses

4 games, lines obv not working. keep them all the same? what are you thinking

pavel isnt getting s*** done with cleary bert or franzen

Hey but that Holmstrom, Franzen, Emmerton line he had out down by 1 with less than 10 to go was magic!

*sarcasm