This. The better team won.

Nice manners, but actually it is rather "s*** HAPPENS"

#942 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I actually know Russian, so you guys don't want to know what redwashington just said at the end of his post.

:hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#943 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

You are right. And for sure, prices were high on trade day. But man, everytime I said something that referred to Holland NOT being the best or Franzen not being good, not to mention the last 4 years of my Hudler bashing. I do agree with you, they need more than one player and I hope to end all hopes that Holland show us he is genius and makes at least 4-5 player changes this summer...

I'm in the same boat, I was disappointed with the off season more than the deadline. I'll be very disappointed if I don't see changes this off season.

Also Wing's aren't going to win a game when Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Franzen, and Kronwall are all off the score sheet. As nice as it would be to have better 3rd and 4th liners the fact remains our best players did not perform well enough.

Edited by Carman, 20 April 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#944 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

do you guys really believe Suter will want to come here? Preds could come out of the West so I he might stay with a better team thats the sad truth right now Nashville is beter than us.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#945 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

oh red washington and your all caps rants :)

it's the one thing keeping us all together in these trying times...

#946 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Some people including me just need to realize sometimes that' it's just a damn game... Simmer down please..

#947 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Congratulations Nashville. They deserved the series. Obviously changes have to be made but lets not forget the 23 game home winning streak , 21st consecutive playoff appearance and another 100pt season. Yes it has ended all too soon but Im still proud of our team. Maybe next year.

#948 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

I appreciate your positive attitude. It balances things out.

I just look at this team through my own eyes and not rose glasses. I have been with this team since 1979 have seen the worst, seen a building of a champion and now into this. I have never held back from saying something that needed to be said. The problem is, most "fans" think if you say something bad about the Wings, then you aren't a true fan. I live and breathe Red & White. That is why I can objectively criticize this team with both positive and negative views. I shouldn't have to watch hot garbage skate around the ice only giving 60% because the regular season gets boring to them. f*** that! You are a GD Red Wing! You are part of my franchise! I don't want a s***ty player playing for my franchise. And if you don't deserve to be on the greatest franchise in professional sports, I have no problem calling you out...And if Holland tries to continue with this small skilled type player format, he needs to be fired. This type of team cannot compete for the Cup anymore, they just proved it.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#949 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I just look at this team through my own eyes and not rose glasses. I have been with this team since 1979 have seen the worst, seen a building of a champion and now into this. I have never held back from saying something that needed to be said. The problem is, most "fans" think if you say something bad about the Wings, then you aren't a true fan. I live and breathe Red & White. That is why I can objectively criticize this team with both positive and negative views. I shouldn't have to watch hot garbage skate around the ice only giving 60% because the regular season gets boring to them. f*** that! You are a GD Red Wing! You are part of my franchise! I don't want a s***ty player playing for my franchise. And if you don't deserve to be on the greatest franchise in professional sports, I have no problem calling you out...And if Holland tries to continue with this small skilled type player format, he needs to be fired. This type of team cannot compete for the Cup anymore, they just proved it.

Franzen leads our team in GWG for these playoffs.

#950 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I LOL'd

The Hawks were a lower seed then the Wings. There going to lose in the same amount of games to Phoenix, who made no deadline acquisitions unlike Nashville who loaded up, and you post this? I don't understand. I've seen you call people out for not being classy about things, then you say this. Go on buddy, the better team won, that's it. Just like the better team will win when Phoenix beats Chicago.

#NOMOREKINDL

#951 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

I wonder if the series would have gone differently if the Preds weren't able to cheat and add a player after the deadline. Probably not too much different, but who knows.

That didnt matter much. He was probably the Preds worste player this series. Other than his goal tonight, which was more Quincey screwing up than Radulov doing anything, all he did was take stupid penalties and turn the puck over. He was the Preds version of Franzen.

#952 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Also waiting for you to explain why your boy did s*** in this series.

The entire team did s***. 2 players on the wings had more points than Flip. Sure, he didn't get on the scoreboard often, but he hustled, battled and worked his ass off every shift. You can't deny that.

Also, I'm pretty sure this game would have went 2-0 early if it wasn't for Fil's stellar defense.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#953 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Just think of it this way guys... we played (not really) 5 more games than Columbus this year!

#954 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

I feel sorry for Nick because you could tell how disappointed he was, but I have no doubt in my mind he will come back one more season. I dont want to blame Babcock for losing this series, but he was a good portion for the reason unfortunaely. His refusal to change the top 2 lines and give pavel some legitimate help is beyond me. But another thing that killed us was the start to the 3rd period tonight. It was a very very dumb decision by him to not start Lidstrom at the beginning of the period because that play would have never happened because he settles play down and gets things going... terrible mistake by Babcock and that was the difference maker tonight.

Overall I think that losing this series in 5 games will be much better for us for the off season then if we lost in 7 games because now it forces Ken Holland to do something in the off season. It was so clear this series that there was NO ONE for Pavel to work with at all. It was actually disgusting to watch. To be honest, I doubt Nick comes back unless Kenny makes some sort of move because this team as it is does NOT cut it. I fully expect to get Parise or Semin at the very least. I would also like to get a better 3rd or 4th liner. Also good bye Brad Stuart you were great here, but not towards the end... have fun in Cali.

Overall I think with a few additions (as I mentioned above)Nick will come back (and he willf****** prove any loser wrong that thinks he has lost it because he was in contention for the Norris til he got injured and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be amazing next year. I think with the additions, and Nick coming back next year, they will make a really strong run.

#955 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Holland please make major changes

#956 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

I actually know Russian, so you guys don't want to know what redwashington just said at the end of his post.

:hehe:

Taht will be our little secret, LOL I'm at the point that i don't give a dam about this bunch of morons totaly unprofessional totaly s***y totaly classles, even the haited penguins made the score 3-2 comone, I can see a big shake up coming hope that involves the 2 s***i head coach helpers

#957 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've watched pavs since 2002 and I've always said he was the best player on the ice of meaningless games but he s*** the bed this series... He held on to the puck along the boards which is great.... Zetterberg showed heart and threw his body all over the places... Zetterberg shat all over Datsyuk this series... Datsyuk was an observer and Datsyuk has been my favorite player since 06... Datsyuk was meaningless this series

Again, you're acting like Datsyuk has James Neal and Zach Parise as his wingers.

bringit.jpg

#958 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Ilitch please make major changes

Fixed.

#959 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

LOL that's the excuse Franzen supporters will use until next playoffs

#960 Gusto

Gusto

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

:lol:
You've made this GDT bearable.