WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

• Please log in to reply
1100 replies to this topic

#1001 AlexCa

AlexCa

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I laugh at your idiocy. Pav played on a line with an invisible donkey all series, a 4th line grinder on 1 leg for half, and a slow former power forward who has brick hands the other half of the series and yet was noticeable 95% of the time he was out there. Hardly meaningless.

Well said!

#1002 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Somewhere right now, I can hear Bettman screeching in laughter!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#1003 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Well that's a season ladies and gents. There's no other team I'd rather have my heart broken by. Go wings.

Thanks for the candid and creative post. :clap: I totally agree.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1004 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Can I pool my + quota for the entire off-season into this one post?

Franzen is soft bread and Holland hasn't done anything besides slow the bleeding by filling retired players' roster spots. The last 3 years of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's prime wasted by neglecting to provide them with scoring wingers. Franzen and Bertuzzi are what pass as top line power forwards on this team :nonono:

He'll re-sign Holmstrom and Hudler for the summer and that will be it. "Fire Kenny" is beginning to have a nice ring to it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1005 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Why does someone have to pay you to do this?

I'm imagining a rolled sign that would be wide enough to cover the doors from left to right in big font.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#1006 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

and we don't even have our first round pick which will be higher than usual

#1007 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

REALLY embarrassing to be the first team eliminated. Mr. Holland needs to pull his head out of his ass and fix this team

Edited by winger30, 20 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#1008 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Everyone blames Franzen cause he hasn't scored 80 goals to compensate this team... Franzen should have scored 5 goals a game like he is paid to do... Franzen blew out those teams because we had a good team he can't single handedly win games for you when Datsyuk just wants to dangle around and have no impact in a game since he played with hossa

#1009 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

4 cups in 16 years, and the expectation is the same. Cup or bust. The fans have no tolerance for failure. It was frustrating, I agree. At the same time, this team has come back and competed every season. Kenny will make the right changes and this team will compete again next season.

Theres a difference between failure and embarrassing failure. This series was embarrassing failure. Normally I would agree with you that Holland will make the right changes but I have lost faith in that. This team has had pretty much the same problems for 3 seasons now and he has yet to make any significant move to fix them. What makes you so sure this year will be any different?

#1010 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

and we don't even have our first round pick which will be higher than usual

Holland went for broke acquiring Quincey. Don't know how this team could have possibly lost.

#1011 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

The preds defense was absolutely flawless all series. They deserve to win.

Yes, it was and yes they did. Their forechecking was unbelievable. They were everywhere. It's called PARITY, people. PARITY. And coaching.

Edited by Vladifan, 20 April 2012 - 10:13 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1012 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Datsyuk has been my favorite player for years but he has been completely useless this whole series and has only shown glimpses of brilliance all year... That's part of the problems with Franzen ... Datsyuk has looked like s*** for weeks and than makes a brilliant pass for a goal and everyone forgets that he has been floating... Deking ppl out with no significant outcome all year

:blink:

...are... are you actually serious?? So the problem with Franzen is that Datsyuk sucks, Datsyuk has sucked all year, and Datsyuk has been FLOATING?? I honestly can't even comprehend the twisted universe you must live in. Does Johan know you post on LGW, Mrs. Franzen?

The stupidity is really... really disturbing.

#1013 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Holland went for broke acquiring Quincey. Don't know how this team could have possibly lost.

And we all know how well that turned out <_<

#1014 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Datsyuk needs two 7 mil+ wingers to be effective... What a sick deal... Seems to me he is just a highlight reel machine... He had no impact in 08 either 09 he was even worse

#1015 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Theres a difference between failure and embarrassing failure. This series was embarrassing failure. Normally I would agree with you that Holland will make the right changes but I have lost faith in that. This team has had pretty much the same problems for 3 seasons now and he has yet to make any significant move to fix them. What makes you so sure this year will be any different?

Nightfall thinks their s*** smells like rose petals and is incapable of seeing the team objectively. I say that because anyone who thinks Holland is going to improve this team when he's done f***-all in that area for three seasons straight now, clearly can't see the forest for the trees. The team is flawed.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1016 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

I do understand the frustration and anger towards the coaching staff, ownership, and players, but jeez....

4 cups in 16 years, and the expectation is the same. Cup or bust. The fans have no tolerance for failure. It was frustrating, I agree. At the same time, this team has come back and competed every season. Kenny will make the right changes and this team will compete again next season.

I understand this, but lets talk about this seasons playoffs. Who really competed? Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary, Hudler (can't believe I'm saying that), Nyquist, Lidstrom, White, Ericsson and Quincey had some good moments and some bad. Not enough guys brought it when it mattered, we need to bring in guys who compete. We have no guys that change momentum anymore, we don't have guys that go out after a bad goal against and hit guys and throw everything at the net to generate energy. Like I said, this is a 5th place team in the West and they showed it.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1017 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

going to blame babs on some of the losses

4 games, lines obv not working. keep them all the same? what are you thinking
pavel isnt getting s*** done with cleary bert or franzen
put him withf****** zetterberg? did we not win a cup with that line?

#1018 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I have no hatred towards Nashville. They didn't dive, the refs didn't hand them anything, they won the right way. Congratulations Nashville, good luck to you. The Wings were a 5th place hockey team, they lost in 5 games. It's unacceptable, it has to get better. We need to get younger, we need some more speed and grit, and more then anything we need guys that compete night in and night out.

+

#1019 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Everyone blames Franzen cause he hasn't scored 80 goals to compensate this team... Franzen should have scored 5 goals a game like he is paid to do... Franzen blew out those teams because we had a good team he can't single handedly win games for you when Datsyuk just wants to dangle around and have no impact in a game since he played with hossa

So if Franzen cant score when consistently getting first line minutes with one of the top 3 playmakers in the league what does he need to get to score? Lightning to strike the opposing netminder?

#1020 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

For the lulz -

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman