• Please log in to reply
1100 replies to this topic

#1021 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

He'll re-sign Holmstrom and Hudler for the summer and that will be it. "Fire Kenny" is beginning to have a nice ring to it.

Oh, you mean the ever popular "growth from within" method <_<

#1022 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,395 posts

Babcock has known this team is flawed for years. You can hear him hint at it and show some frustration by the lack of action from management.

I don't agree with anyone that says Babcock needs to go. He has some flaws for sure, but he's a hell of a coach and could do damage with a team better constructed.

Holland is entering a make or break summer. "We like our team" after three early exits will not be acceptable to anyone. It shouldn't have been two straight years, but he has to come out aggressive for once. He already wasted the end of Nick's career and Pavel and Z are not exactly young either.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1023 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

We have to find a way to get back on top of the conference. Holland did it after 06 when the Yzerman Shanahan era ended. He has to find that magic touch somehow.

bringit.jpg

#1024 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

going to blame babs on some of the losses

4 games, lines obv not working. keep them all the same? what are you thinking
pavel isnt getting s*** done with cleary bert or franzen

Hey but that Holmstrom, Franzen, Emmerton line he had out down by 1 with less than 10 to go was magic!

*sarcasm

#1025 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

For the lulz -

Posted Image

Haha!! :)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1026 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Again, you're acting like Datsyuk has James Neal and Zach Parise as

Well Zetterberg was a force all by himself... Datsyuk has been my favorite player for years but he has been completely useless this whole series and has only shown glimpses of brilliance all year... That's part of the problems with Franzen ... Datsyuk has looked like s*** for weeks and than makes a brilliant pass for a goal and everyone forgets that he has been floating... Deking ppl out with no significant outcome all year

Hmmm...That's seems like a short term memory. Before Datsyuk had the surgery he was nothing but brilliant. But since then he hasn't looked like himself. hopefully he just needs time to recoup and this long off season will certainly allow him to do that...

#1027 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 773 posts

Babcock also basically anticipating the off-season moves for forward free agents, repeatedly saying the Wings were just not good enough up front and outplayed all series. My link

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#1028 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

:blink:

...are... are you actually serious?? So the problem with Franzen is that Datsyuk sucks, Datsyuk has sucked all year, and Datsyuk has been FLOATING?? I honestly can't even comprehend the twisted universe you must live in. Does Johan know you post on LGW, Mrs. Franzen?

The stupidity is really... really disturbing.

That's the type of player Franzen is... Give him room and he'll snipe a goal but Datsyuk hasn't been good defensively and he has been bad for long stretches of games... Then he does something ridiculous and everyone forgets his blown coverage or the fact the team has scored 4 goals in 7 games... That falls on his shoulders regardless of how flashy he looks... Top line center gets blasted on any other team when you average half a goal for 5 games

#1029 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Congrats to the Preds, hate them but they deserved it. Turning point of this series was the 60 minute mark of game 1. Have a good off season to the real Wings fans out there..this place is about to get ugly and all you loser bandwagon ****** nozzles can f*** off. See ya in July.

+

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I've witnessed as much cynicism and idiotic hyperbole as I have on this board tonight. I'm embarrassed for some of you, even though I only know you by your usual reps.

And you know? It's NOT like the players AND coaches AND Holland don't feel like s*** right now too?

I still wish everybody a great summer. Peace out.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1030 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

He'll re-sign Holmstrom and Hudler for the summer and that will be it. "Fire Kenny" is beginning to have a nice ring to it.

Man won't it be such a let down for you if Holland actually does something.

Posted Image

#1031 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hey but that Holmstrom, Franzen, Emmerton line he had out down by 1 with less than 10 to go was magic!

*sarcasm

loved seeing franzen on the 4th line. a nice little f*** you from babs

#1032 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Man won't it be such a let down for you if Holland actually does something.

Actually, it'll be a damn nice surprise, and I'll be grateful for it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1033 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Brandon Prust 2012
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1034 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Babcock has known this team is flawed for years. You can hear him hint at it and show some frustration by the lack of action from management.

I don't agree with anyone that says Babcock needs to go. He has some flaws for sure, but he's a hell of a coach and could do damage with a team better constructed.

Holland is entering a make or break summer. "We like our team" after three early exits will not be acceptable to anyone. It shouldn't have been two straight years, but he has to come out aggressive for once. He already wasted the end of Nick's career and Pavel and Z are not exactly young either.

Can't agree more. Babs is still our guy.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#1035 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

No one's saying the preds didn't deserve it, of course they did. Their management recognized deficiencies in their lineup and made appropriate changes to resolve them. Kenny? Kenny? Hello?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1036 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Me, you, F.Michael, GMR, Esteef, Newfy, there were a lot of people who didn't think we had it this year.

I felt this team could do it after the home streak. After that Chicago game after Datsyuk's surgery I knew it was a longshot
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#1037 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

That's nice, but pretty much misses the point.

Posted Image

#1038 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm certainly going to enjoy reading all the posts pontificating over who's a "real" fan and who's not, in the wake of this loss. It's starting already. Too bad I have no popcorn......

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1039 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

No one's saying the preds didn't deserve it, of course they did. Their management recognized deficiencies in their lineup and made appropriate changes to resolve them. Kenny? Kenny? Hello?

esteef

Holland is in Florida already.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1040 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

but Datsyuk hasn't been good defensively

Ya. He was third in the league in takeaways and leads the playoffs in takeaways but man he sure has been bad defensively. You continue to show how out of touch with reality you are.