• Please log in to reply
1100 replies to this topic

#1061 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Franzen isn't our problem... If Franzen averaged two goals a game we still wouldn't make the finals

#1062 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Sucks the season had to end like this.

Lidstrom, Do what is best for you and your family. You have serviced the red wings for longer than I have been alive. I've had the pleasure to watch you for 18 years now and hockey won't be the same without you in the winged wheel. I mean I guess the cliche "nothing lasts forever" really rings true.

Thanks for being there for us Captain Nick.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1063 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

I unfortunately got stuck working the first three weeks of april without a day off, so this really sucks. No playoff hockey for this guy this year! I hope you come back Nick I promise I'll watch every game :)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1064 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Getting bumped in round 1 did leave a few good notes for me personally..... I didnt puke due to being so nervous and I still have all my fingernails!

Lot of people are forgetting about Homer and all he's done.....most likely we saw his last game tonight!

#1065 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

How I feel:

Posted Image
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1066 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

I just thought they wanted it more. When I say they I'm talking about their organization as a whole, the guys on the ice, the guys behind the bench, and their GM. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for our club. I know we can't win every year and normally we go out fighting. And even tho we lost I'm proud to call The Wings my team. This year was different. We went down like little *******, to f@cking Nashville. I trust Mr. Holland will make the right moves to ensure this never happens again. Next season can't start soon enough. I can't stand this taste in my mouth

#1067 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Drake, I blame you. You not being around more caused the Wings to lose.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1068 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hats off to Nashville they played to their strengths, outplayed the Wings and flat out wanted it more.

To those Preds fans that came on here to talk hockey good luck the rest of the way.

Positives: no more stress

I'll be back for offseason talk once the playoffs are over, a lot of hockey to watch.

#1069 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

need more potency on offence
I'm just pissed we didn't hit the JUCKf****** POTT!

Edited by winger30, 20 April 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#1070 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Ya I'm also hammered that's the only way I would ever have the balls to blame Datsyuk...I just have hard time time giving Franzen s*** when he was never a player that could carrey a team offensively and all of sudden he is expected to this year

#1071 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

+

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I've witnessed as much cynicism and idiotic hyperbole as I have on this board tonight. I'm embarrassed for some of you, even though I only know you by your usual reps.

And you know? It's NOT like the players AND coaches AND Holland don't feel like s*** right now too?

I still wish everybody a great summer. Peace out.

Agreed.

#1072 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Our roster and team play has seriously degraded since 09. It has been apparent and hopefully now it is realized.

Howard can play good but I wish he could play better in the playoffs, not that he would have single handedly won us this series. As many of you guys have spoken, it seems like this team just doesn't play like it used to and that's a serious problem.

It's time to consider the future of our defensive core if Lids does hang up the skates as well as retooling our offense. We do need to shake it up and realize the some players just aren't cutting it. Also it sends a message about what the expectations are of this team... I don't like how comfortable some players have become with a lack of production and how mediocre play is acceptable on this team.

TL;DR : just another post agreeing that changes need to happen to boost this teams roster and its on ice play/attitude.
40 for life.

#1073 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Drake, I blame you. You not being around more caused the Wings to lose.

I swear I've learned my lesson. Here's a peace offering:

Posted Image
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1074 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Wait....Come on guys, it's only December...

Franzen? Really? Awesome scoring?

God I hope he has played his last game as a Wing...yet, somehow I think he will be right back on Datsyuk's wing in October....

If you don't think a player capable of 30 (or close to it) goals isn't awesome secondary scoring (secondary being the key word you chose to omit in bold), I don't know what to tell you.

Posted Image

#1075 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

It was hard watching that in person. I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome, and unfortunately I was right.
So now I'm drunk in my hotel room, wondering what the off-season will bring.

#1076 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm not even mad. Game 4 was the series for me. A first round exit isn't going to cut it in Hockeytown though so there will be some changes to the roster in the off season. I bet we see a slightly different product out there next year. 1 more year Nick!

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 21 April 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#1077 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'm not even mad. Game 4 was the series for me. A first round exit isn't going to cut it in Hockeytown though so there will be some changes to the roster in the off season. I bet we see a slightly different product out there next year. 1 more year Nick!

I want to believe that the Wings will make some changes but lately it seems like Illitch is spending his money on the Tigers rather than the Hockey team. I could be wrong and I hope I am but not making a splash in free agency and then not making hardly any moves at the deadline, I can't help but wonder whats going on. It could also be that Holland is undervaluing free agents. My first Red flag was Wisniewski saying that the wings expect there players to take a discount to come and play for them. I realize the salary cap restrictions but why did we play the whole season with $6 million in the bank. I mean Columbus spent more money than we did this year. It is just mind blowing.

#1078 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

+

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I've witnessed as much cynicism and idiotic hyperbole as I have on this board tonight. I'm embarrassed for some of you, even though I only know you by your usual reps.

And you know? It's NOT like the players AND coaches AND Holland don't feel like s*** right now too?

I still wish everybody a great summer. Peace out.

Hell of a post man.

+ for you.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1079 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Ya I'm also hammered that's the only way I would ever have the balls to blame Datsyuk...I just have hard time time giving Franzen s*** when he was never a player that could carrey a team offensively and all of sudden he is expected to this year

Agreed. Franzen shouldn't be traded because he's awesome scoring depth. The trouble is, he only scores when he feels like it so we shouldn't rely on him to spark our offense. Holland should go get a hard working sniper or power forward who will drive the net and score consistently, and then Franzen will just be this great plus on our offensive lines. If he's traded all of a sudden we're worse off offensively which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1080 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

I want to believe that the Wings will make some changes but lately it seems like Illitch is spending his money on the Tigers rather than the Hockey team. I could be wrong and I hope I am but not making a splash in free agency and then not making hardly any moves at the deadline, I can't help but wonder whats going on. It could also be that Holland is undervaluing free agents. My first Red flag was Wisniewski saying that the wings expect there players to take a discount to come and play for them. I realize the salary cap restrictions but why did we play the whole season with $6 million in the bank. I mean Columbus spent more money than we did this year. It is just mind blowing.

I wanted the Wiz as much as any Wings' fan last summer. But he wanted WAAAAY too much money. Columbus severely overpaid for a player of his calibre. Let's put his salary in perspective. Wisniewski is making $5.5million per season. That's only $700k less than Lidstrom and over $1million more than Kronwall. This is the type of crap that happens when you have a poor free agent pool like last summer. Ken Holland will pay high market value for a player who is really worth that type of money. As he did with Hossa. Now when it comes to the trade deadline it's a different story. I believe Ken Holland overvalues his own players and prospects. This why we haven't seen many trades the last couple years. The Wings have plenty of money and capspace to play with this summer. And they better make something GOOD happen. This team really needs some fresh blood in that locker room. It's time to cut loose some of the hanger-ons as well.