• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexCa

Detroit-Nashville: Babcock is loosing coach battle

Rate this topic

Babs run out of ideas on how to win this series,and he is a major reason why Wings are loosing it. He is sticking with the balanced lines approach and it is cleary not working, Wings don't have that much talent they used to have 15 years ago (Russian 5 & SteveY, Shanahan). The talent is too diluted, both in the league and among Wings.

Let's see: Dats plays with guys who can score only occasionally and can't pass; Z plays with guys who can pass ocasionally and can't score. Plus, there is not a single defensemen among Wings who could join the attack and substitute for a forward when there is an opportunity (even Nick, Rafalski was probably the only one).

The result: Wings' attack is too predictable and expertly suppressed by well-organized Nashville defence. Shot stats? How many do you need to score from centre line?

Nashville defence is good, so is the goalie, they are entrenched, and you need "shock troops" to break through - unite Dats and Z: they both can pass and score, put Fil with them (at least he can skate and pass, most of the time). Then again they will need time to start clicking, but Babs loves to change lines and that destroys chemistry.... too bad, Wings are losing to a bunch of grinders.

Buddy, re-post this when the Wings are officially out, which hopefully isn't for awhile.

I hope you're from abroad too, because your spelling sucks. Brush that up before you come back around with a "This season sucked, we're done" style contribution.

Fingers crossed for game 5.

Edited by Detroit40oz

Buddy, it is better to have some ideas rather then good spelling. Real good style putting a comment about spelling.

Sure, Nashville series can be won and I believe in that (and good luck happens too), but the problem remains. I would rather not rely on good luck in future.

I hate loosing.

We've been coming up with line combos all season, but there's always something that doesn't click. No matter how you line people up, there's always one guy that doesn't fit.

One "superline" and three ho-hum lines won't get it done. We really do need Helm and Eaves to give us a good bottom 6. If they were in right now, I'd say load up the top line, but since the bottom lines aren't that stellar, I really can't justify putting Hank, Pavel, and Flip on one line and leaving Bert, Mule and Hudler/Cleary as a line. There's also the problem of being low on centers at the moment.

I don't think the problem is in the line choices. We just need to get the pucks past Rinne and have someone there to catch the rebounds when we don't. If we had a Homer type on every shift, we'd have way more goals.

nashville has good defense? what the f*** are you talking about? after weber-suter they drop off quick. the wings aren't taking the puck down low and getting dirty, especially on the PP. nashville has a tremendous amount of blocked shots, but we are making it all to easy for them. watch philadelphias power play, how they set up is unreal, they run 4 deep with one up top but are fast enough to get back on a clear or breakout.

I think fans have a reason to be negative. Odds are against them and pretty much have been since the home win streak. You can say "I won't stop believing in my team" or "We got this" but the truth is we have been disappointing for a supposed elite team. Now saying Red Wings suck and Holland's a ****** blah blah is ridiculous. 21 straight years is insane and not many franchises will ever be able to achieve this feat. But we can all see that this isn't a Wings juggernaut not getting the lucky bounces like the 03 and 06 teams. This team has serious holes and a lot of quicker and more physical teams are now exploiting this. It's tough but we can't demand perfection from an imperfect team. But maybe this team has some drive and a not quitting attitude starting tonight...Hope so! Love this team no matter what. Go WINGS!

The battle the Wings are losing is goaltending.

Rinne is playing like Thomas did last year. This kid is phenomenal. Great glove hand, tall kid takes up a ton of net space, I have no idea how in the hell he gets all of the low screen shots that he does, intuition?

I love Howard and hope he is here for years to come, but this is the same old story friends.

Wings hit a hot netminder and can not get past him.

Nothing new we have seen it many times around these parts!

Buddy, re-post this when the Wings are officially out, which hopefully isn't for awhile.

I hope you're from abroad too, because your spelling sucks. Brush that up before you come back around with a "This season sucked, we're done" style contribution.

Fingers crossed for game 5.

Hey Buddy~ I am here for content, and his content is spot on! If you are looking for spelling & grammar there are plenty of places you can find it. BTW the season was over at the trade deadline.

Hey Buddy~ I am here for content, and his content is spot on! If you are looking for spelling & grammar there are plenty of places you can find it. BTW the season was over at the trade deadline.

ha ha wow, if you really were here for content you'd read the entire thread before posting as the poster you're refencing already cleared up his original reply