• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Which team will make the comeback?

Rate this topic

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I found it quite interesting that 5 of the 8 playoff series have 3-1 leads.

This got me thinking that at least one of these teams has to make it right...?

With a 9% chance of coming back, which team(s) do you think can win the series?

I believe the Wings and Penguins can comeback from their deficits and win the series. Both have experience, veterans, and world class skill players.

What are your thoughts?

I still have faith in our Red Wings to pull it together and come out on top. As for the rest, I'm rooting against every single one of them, so I hope none of them will make it to game 6.

Edited by Sycsa

It's certainly possible. 3-1 is not the same as 3-0. It happens relatively often. What shocks me is that these particular teams are down 3-1. Talk about an end of an era of dominance. Upstart teams are winning across the board in the West it seems.

It's certainly possible. 3-1 is not the same as 3-0. It happens relatively often. What shocks me is that these particular teams are down 3-1. Talk about an end of an era of dominance. Upstart teams are winning across the board in the West it seems.

I was thinking about this all week, how crazy it would be that if things go the way a lot of people expect, because of low odds, that it could be LA, PHX, STL, and NSH coming out of the West. I don't think those are the 4 teams anybody would have expected to emerge before the season started. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with that or the fact that two of those teams are Pacific division teams, which we all know was the red-headed division this season.

As for 3-1 series, I think it's a different beast than 3-0. Game 5 these teams face elimination, as with the Wings, on the road. Most teams tend to show up for an elimination game, at least the first one. If they can pull that win out and go back home and edge that one out, it's a game 7 and anything can happen. You never know, that's why they play the game.

Tough to win in the playoffs if you don't play in your face hockey and I don't have much faith that the Wings have any players in their lineup willing to do that on a consistant basis.

I agree 100%.....i dont think the power has shifted however, but certainly balanced out a bit.

Hockey is the only sport where 1 hot player(goalkeep) can

Literally steal series after series or lose it single handidly!

What do the Blues, Kings, and Coyotes all have in common, aside from being up 3-1 in their respective series?

1. Shut down goaltending

2. Suffocating defense

3. Top tier head coaches

4. Young forwards who can snipe

It's no surprise that these three teams are on the verge of advancing to the second round.

Edited by Dirty Dangle

Pens probably have the best chance considering the high offense and the lack of goaltending from both teams.

Yeah, but the crazy thing is while they are 3-1 now, they would have to complete the come back from 3-0.