Photo
- - - - -

Why wasn't Smith given a chance in the playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Ericsson was actually not that bad. He was very good on the PK and at times outplayed Q and Stuart 5-on-5.
Stuart is a veteran and while I agree that he was terrible (and I really didn't expect anything better from him), he is still a highly paid, experienced d-man so there is no chance he gets benched.

Holland traded our first round pick for Quincey. And as much as some people here rag on him, he's still a better option than Smith right now. To me the problem was with our stale offence. Smith will hopefully get his chance next season. Stuart will be gone for sure.

I try to like Ericsson, I really do, but until he starts to mash people into the boards and clear the crease he will always be on my s*** list. No excuse for a guy that size to be so soft. Aki Berg 2.0

Stuart is gone, who gives a damn if he gets benched and gets his feelings hurt. He was a good warrior for us but his best days have passed.

I like Q, but he needs to play with a defensive D guy who can cover up for his bad pinches and turnovers.

Oh well, Smith should be full time in the top 4 next year...
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#22 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Quincey, Ericsson, or Stuart. They were all bad in this series.

I would have said Stuart, Kronwall and sometimes Quincey. Quincey at least had a few agmes of playing decent, I thought Ericsson has looked a lot better since coming back from injury. However Kronwall was bad and Stuart was justf****** pathetic. White was average if being generious.

I think babcock really was WAY to slow in line juggling and sending messages, he should have sat that useless f*** Mule, and Bert/Abby played good when together same as Dats/Nyquist, yet he waits until 5 min left in the final game, WTF is that?
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#23 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Smith/Dekeyser = New Lidstrom/Konstantinov
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#24 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Ericsson was actually not that bad. He was very good on the PK and at times outplayed Q and Stuart 5-on-5.
Stuart is a veteran and while I agree that he was terrible (and I really didn't expect anything better from him), he is still a highly paid, experienced d-man so there is no chance he gets benched.

Holland traded our first round pick for Quincey. And as much as some people here rag on him, he's still a better option than Smith right now. To me the problem was with our stale offence. Smith will hopefully get his chance next season. Stuart will be gone for sure.

Come on guys, get real. No team in the league would've benched any of our top 6 d-men in favour of a rookie d-man. It doesn't matter how much potential he has. This was about winning now. And our best chance was with the guys we had. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough.

Wasn't Chris Stewart benched by Hitchcock, granted not Dman, but still a message was sent
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s