• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

23 game home win streak

Rate this topic

Oh, you mean the record that completely overstated just how good this team was and gave the fans a false picture of how well they'd do for the rest of the season?

f*** the record. I'd rather still be playing hockey right now.

Well, I guess I was wrong. I said Wings would win 2 games in this series and they won only one. I'm sorry I will try to be more accurate next time.

They went down with a whimper.

No level of experience or skill can top great goaltending, excellent defense and speed, speed, speed in today's NHL. Howard and Detroit's defense have a lot of work to do before next year starts.

Dear LGW,

You guys are some whiney *******. Ban me for this I don't give a s*** I hardly post on here anyway but give me a ******* break. Detroit set 2 records this year that no other team has been able to do for decades. Home wins and consecutive playoffs. There is a Stanley cup champion every year.

So the f*** what if they didn't win this year. New season starts in 5 and half months. Some "fans" some of you guys are. Thank you Wings for an entertaining year. Better luck next year.

Sincerely,

A fan always proud of his team, win or lose.

Oh, you mean the record that completely overstated just how good this team was and gave the fans a false picture of how well they'd do for the rest of the season?

Nice.

Although I guess in hindsight we did witness some major signs; the road record and very mediocre-ranking special teams as the big ones. Also their annoying habit of games that need extra time wasn't good.

Dear LGW,

You guys are some whiney *******. Ban me for this I don't give a s*** I hardly post on here anyway but give me a ******* break. Detroit set 2 records this year that no other team has been able to do for decades. Home wins and consecutive playoffs. There is a Stanley cup champion every year.

So the f*** what if they didn't win this year. New season starts in 5 and half months. Some "fans" some of you guys are. Thank you Wings for an entertaining year. Better luck next year.

Sincerely,

Frrrrtttt.

Dear LGW,

Sincerely,

If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't be pissed off. If you're not even remotely annoyed by this crap or thought this season was even close to entertaining, you must have just snorted a rail of elephant tranquilizers.

Edited by Electrophile

Dear LGW,

Sincerely,

Holland is that you?

THis series was a disappointment. But the one good thing is that it exposed the inherent weakness at forward.

But really, this is the first year in over 15 years that the Wings didn't feel mighty. No teams talked about how great the Wings were, there was very little talk all season about how they are a dangerous team. The last two seasons were disappointments but playoff failures were due to injuries or bad reffing. This one the Wings just plain lost.

But it feels a bit like 2001 here. Holland and Babcock will make the right moves and reload. That's what the Wings do.

Can't + this enough. It is a depressing observation, but entirely true. In Babcock's interview he even said he was surprised the team had done so well and disbelieves they were ever truly #1 in the conference and feels they struggled to make the playoffs

Dear LGW,

Sincerely,

Do you realize you sound just as bad as the people you are criticizing?

Everyone on here is a fan - I know some here feel superior to say otherwise when any type of critique is made, but they are.

How about this:

"I am a bigger fan then you because I am super upset we were the first team eliminated this year.

So how about you and your seemingly impervious reaction to the success or the lack there of team that I am a huge fan of can be quiet."

Dear LGW,

Sincerely,

I am SUPER proud of the Red Wings. I will always root for them in good times and bad. But it's OK to be sad or frustrated after a loss. Playing theory-hockey is a way of coping with the loss, so please do not judge LGW so harshly right away. Yes, they had a home streak record. Yes, it is always better to have gone to the post season and lost, then to never gone at all. But forgive me for crying. It was a a hard loss for a few reasons:

-Nashville fans don't support their team like we do

-The outplayed the preds the first four games, but did not seem to show up in game 5

-They didn't leave Detroit with a win. The last four game they played were all losses in the Joe.

-Lastly, and the reason I broke down:

This was potentially the last game of Nick "The Perfect Human" Lidstrom's career.

Reserve judgement for a few days. Allow everyone to cool off and regain focus and appreciate the GREAT season the Wings had this year.

I remember the home streak - that was when we had a fit and healthy team wasn't it? When our star forward, all-universe defenceman and starting goalie were in form and not coming back from/playing with injuries?

Dear LGW,

Sincerely,

We only set one NHL record, for the playoff appearances we only set a Franchise record. The NHL record in 29, and would be 46 if Montreal had made the playoffs in the 1969-1970 season.

Do you realize you sound just as bad as the people you are criticizing?

Everyone on here is a fan - I know some here feel superior to say otherwise when any type of critique is made, but they are.

How about this:

"I am a bigger fan then you because I am super upset we were the first team eliminated this year.

So how about you and your seemingly impervious reaction to the success or the lack there of team that I am a huge fan of can be quiet."

I can understand being upset. I am upset as well. But I don't go on the internet seeking some kind of justification for my feelings like some of you guys do. I don't see how bitching/pouting helps cope with the loss. If that's what the "bigger" fans do then I will gladly remain with the not so bigger fans. Hopefully there is a message board for those kinds of fans.

If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't be pissed off. If you're not even remotely annoyed by this crap or thought this season was even close to entertaining, you must have just snorted a rail of elephant tranquilizers.

I think the problem he has, and I have for that matter, with the bitching is not that the Wings didn't play well in the first round, but that the people bitching are tearing down every accomplishment the Wings had this season. The home winning streak was an event to remember. It has never, ever been done before. Give the Wings some credit and cherish that record. It may never be broken again in our lifetimes.

I can understand being upset. I am upset as well. But I don't go on the internet seeking some kind of justification for my feelings like some of you guys do. I don't see how bitching/pouting helps cope with the loss. If that's what the "bigger" fans do then I will gladly remain with the not so bigger fans. Hopefully there is a message board for those kinds of fans.

I am with you 100%.

The problem is there isn't. The diarrhea posting from the fans that are upset are going to be ongoing for the next month and a half at least.

Losing in the first round sucked, but it wouldn't have been a much more memorable run if they'd lost in the second or third round either, which is more likely to happen than winning the Cup even when you've got a really good team. Meanwhile, the winning streak is probably something that will stand for quite a while, and I had a lot of fun watching.

I know "the Cup is the only thing that matters etc," but it's not even remotely feasible to win it every year or anywhere close to that. Enjoy what you can while you can folks.

The journey is part of the destination.

The streak was a peak. The playoffs were a valley.

Let us not slog through the valley of the shadow of death without remembering that we climbed the mountain.

Perhaps it was the height of the mountain that made the plunge seem farther.

14 teams did not even make the playoffs. 14 other teams will end their season, like we did, with a loss. Only one team will end the year holding the Cup in their weary hands and kissing it with their sweaty beard-encircled lips.

This is the dream destination. We must climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow til we find our dream.

This is our ultimate destination. This is our journey. Don't stop believin'.