• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dats13owns

Favorite Moments of 11-12 season.

Rate this topic

A bit premature to post this as we are all still in our early exit rampage, but even though the season ended in a disastrous fashion, it offered some cool stuff as well.

What were your favorite moments?

- I finally got to see the Wings play, not once but twice :-). Home opener against Ottawa and the drubbing in Montreal.

- in those games, I got to see Datsyuk and most importantly, Lidstrom. I drooled more from my third row seats during warm ups than I did my front row seats at Katy Perry last summer :-).

- Filppula's regular season emergence. I've always liked him so it was good to see him produce on both sides of the ice.

- The ongoing Datsyuk highlight reel. Unreal.

- Finally getting the nerve to chat with you guys after almost a decade of lurking. Most of you are pretty cool and I hope it continues.

Guest irishock

Home win streak and Bertuzzi's shootout magic. But that's pretty much it. I've never seen the Wings play as boring hockey as they've had in a very long time.

The home win streak was basically it.

Personally, I got to go to the 5-0 Buffalo game which was awesome, but on the whole this season has been the first one in ten years which held almost no magic for me. It just seemed off from the beginning.

Winning #20 and #21 at home

Datsyuk scoring to go ahead with 5 seconds left

Seeing us comeback from 2-0 against the Blues win 3-2 in a shootout in person

Shutting the Blues out on New Year's Eve

Jimmy Howard's breakout year (I think the injury slowed him down)

Joey Mac being so clutch

Guest irishock

Wish we could have combined the '11 season with this year. Defense ('12) plus Offense ('11), Road ('11) plus Home ('12) = cup

I loved being at the Valentine's Day game when #21 went into the books. It was fun. I also got to see my first two shootouts this year. Watching Pasha in the shootout was great...you didn't know what he was going to do, but you knew whatever it was, it would be interesting.

But I honestly have to say that the best moment for me happened at camp. Getting a hug from Pasha (HE initiated it, by the way) is something I will cherish forever. Seeing him wearing Ruslan Salei's number at camp was one of the most beautiful gestures I've ever seen a player do, and I won't forget that.

Thanks, guys...it's going to be a long summer. :(

Went to the recent home game against the Panthers, corner seats right against the glass. Coolest part was probably Datsyuk flipping the puck over the net from behind, right in front of us. Even though no goal resulted, everyone freaked out like he scored. He's quite the spectacle to watch in person. That game also went into a shootout but that was meh even though they won.

This season was able to go to Nashville to watch the game 3-10-2012..Had a blast, Even though Detroit lost...Last time we saw them play live was at the old MCI Center in Washington D.C. That game ended in a 1-1 tie. that was how long ago it was..lol.. ..Being a Virginia native and Redwing fan.. You have to do some driving to see youre team play..lol . Am looking forward to seeing what they will do, in offseason to get better. Like you Ive been reading these forums for some time without posting. now look at me :cool: .. Heres hoping for some good moves, and Lets do it again in Oct.

Went to the recent home game against the Panthers, corner seats right against the glass. Coolest part was probably Datsyuk flipping the puck over the net from behind, right in front of us. Even though no goal resulted, everyone freaked out like he scored. He's quite the spectacle to watch in person. That game also went into a shootout but that was meh even though they won.

That's one of them I was at too. Wish I had known you were there.

I liked seeing Nordique fans at the last game of the season. It was nice to meet some really good, passionate fans of the game, and everyone I talked to were polite and really cool. Their hatred of Montreal was something else! :)

We were there. My sons first Wings game and my daughters second. Shootout win too, one of my favorite memories of the season.

Personally though, even the home streak seems like an anomaly. We had a lot of injuries but even healthy there's something about Franzen's lazyness, Hudler's ...Hudlerness, Stuart being terrible, and the just general sense that there is a huge lack of passion on this team. I don't feel like they're a tight knit group that truly wants to win the Cup. Someone told me that Bert was the only one that played like he was desperate last night, guess who doesn't have a Cup ring? Maybe it's time to show the guys that you can't play hard inconsistently and get a free ride and get to stay a Wing. Maybe its time to not push guys that exemplify the effort you need (Draper) for middling fringe prospects (Emmerton). Stop over-rewarding guys for being over 6' (Franzen, Ericsson) and go out and sign a couple guys who will play there hearts out everyshift. Oh, and let Darren Helm know just how important he is to this team.

post-6672-0-94719700-1335022483_thumb.jpg

Edited by achildr1