• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yzerman took 1.2 his last year...just sayin'. The long time serving member of the team should also care about where the team is headed after he hangs em' up and if he wants to go out on top, he needs to take a severe discount and make it so Holland can sign some actual talent ala Parise, not resign that slow piece of s*** Hudler.

Lidstrom is still a top 5 defensman, Yzerman was done
Posted Image

#42 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

He's done. He definitely had a different look about him after the game. Can't really explain it, but I'm obviously not the only one who could see it.

#43 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Lidstrom is still a top 5 defensman, Yzerman was done

True. Yzerman's only true value during his last years here was his presence in the locker room. Lidstrom is the cornerstone of this franchise that does everything right.

bringit.jpg

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

He'll be back.

Bank on it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

To me this look says: "I'm not going out like this. This is BS."

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

To me this look says: "I'm not going out like this. This is BS."

That, or his stick secretly doubles as a bong.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

#48 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Lol, the game was on 4/20. :D

As far as the poll it's a tossup. Regardless of what ANYONE says, Nicknhas more than earned the right to go out on his own terms. I voted no, though I would desperately love to see him back. As others have said, if the team can rebound, that may be incentive to help lure him back. Signing big name free agents will also help, but ultimately none of us can read his mind. I fully believe that his drop-off in play is due to the injury he suffered and not being 100% yet. Regardless of his decision, I'm glad to be a Wings fan and to have had the opportunity to watch a player of his skill, integrity, and class. Nick Lidstrom is the epitome of what a hockey player should be. Thanks for 20 great seasons Nick, may we have another?

Edited by TheXym, 21 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#49 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wow got to get up pretty early to fool you... lol :lol:
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#50 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Wow got to get up pretty early to fool you... lol :lol:

Comes from being an RA during my undergrad days. They did a whole training session about various recreational substances with the campus police. :)

#51 Zeke

Zeke

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

As far as the poll it's a tossup. Regardless of what ANYONE says, Nicknhas more than earned the right to go out on his own terms. I voted no, though I would desperately love to see him back. As others have said, if the team can rebound, that may be incentive to help lure him back. Signing big name free agents will also help, but ultimately none of us can read his mind. I fully believe that his drop-off in play is due to the injury he suffered and not being 100% yet. Regardless of his decision, I'm glad to be a Wings fan and to have had the opportunity to watch a player of his skill, integrity, and class. Nick Lidstrom is the epitome of what a hockey player should be. Thanks for 20 great seasons Nick, may we have another?

Just watched a segment of satellite hotstove,on CBC.They spoke of Lidstrom probably retiring because his decision will be influenced be his closest friend,Homer,who will probably hang them up now.
His second son will also start playing hockey in Sweden this year,which will also factor heavily.

Hope they are wrong,as he deserves a better swan song than this...
Crosby plays dress-up

#52 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just watched a segment of satellite hotstove,on CBC.They spoke of Lidstrom probably retiring because his decision will be influenced be his closest friend,Homer,who will probably hang them up now.
His second son will also start playing hockey in Sweden this year,which will also factor heavily.

Hope they are wrong,as he deserves a better swan song than this...

Good points. He absolutely deserved a better swan song if we've seen his last game.

#53 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I think he won't be back. His second oldest son is going to Sweden to play hockey according to the Hotstove on Hockey Night in Canada tonight. They also mentioned the fact that Homer will probably retire and that may have some influence on his decision. They eat together and ride to the games together. I really don't think the Winter Classic really means enough for him to go through another long season.

#54 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

He can't be done yet. Refuse to believe it is over.

#55 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Holland

Over the summer, we got to make some moves. But you can't overhaul your team when you got Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall. We got pieces to build around

:scared:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Holland

:scared:

Haha. Yuh-oh...