• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Will #5 be back?

Rate this topic

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol, the game was on 4/20. :D

As far as the poll it's a tossup. Regardless of what ANYONE says, Nicknhas more than earned the right to go out on his own terms. I voted no, though I would desperately love to see him back. As others have said, if the team can rebound, that may be incentive to help lure him back. Signing big name free agents will also help, but ultimately none of us can read his mind. I fully believe that his drop-off in play is due to the injury he suffered and not being 100% yet. Regardless of his decision, I'm glad to be a Wings fan and to have had the opportunity to watch a player of his skill, integrity, and class. Nick Lidstrom is the epitome of what a hockey player should be. Thanks for 20 great seasons Nick, may we have another?

Just watched a segment of satellite hotstove,on CBC.They spoke of Lidstrom probably retiring because his decision will be influenced be his closest friend,Homer,who will probably hang them up now.

His second son will also start playing hockey in Sweden this year,which will also factor heavily.

Hope they are wrong,as he deserves a better swan song than this...

Just watched a segment of satellite hotstove,on CBC.They spoke of Lidstrom probably retiring because his decision will be influenced be his closest friend,Homer,who will probably hang them up now.

His second son will also start playing hockey in Sweden this year,which will also factor heavily.

Hope they are wrong,as he deserves a better swan song than this...

Good points. He absolutely deserved a better swan song if we've seen his last game.

I think he won't be back. His second oldest son is going to Sweden to play hockey according to the Hotstove on Hockey Night in Canada tonight. They also mentioned the fact that Homer will probably retire and that may have some influence on his decision. They eat together and ride to the games together. I really don't think the Winter Classic really means enough for him to go through another long season.