• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Here is more to add. It looks like he is really pushing management to pull the trigger on some of these FA's this summer. Looks like Babs isn't interested in any kind of rebuilding era.

http://i.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393958

#62 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

If Lidström comes back for another year this organization owes him the chance for another cup. I am really glad Babcock is putting pressure on the management there are no excuses this time:

we have the money, we need new top end blood.

f*** retools, rebuilds we just reload!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#63 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

This makes me feel 1,000% better about the future. I'm so glad Babs is smelling what's cooking, and I hope that means Holland is, too. I don't have any specific suggestions for Kenny (although I'm definitely on the Suter/Parise party boat), but as long as they know they have work to do and get down to it this summer, that's enough for me.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#64 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Babcock is really putting on a lot on the line by putting tremendous pressure on Holland and really calling him out. He did it as soon as the 5th game ended and continues to, which is awesome.

Wouldn't be surprised if Holland fires him though, as I'm not sure he appreciates anyone going against his whole "father knows best" mentality.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#65 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

It's been very obvious since the end of June that Babcock wasn't happy with Holland's approach lately. He's all but said it for quite awhile now and it's getting pretty overt at this point. Hopefully Holland finally responds, but I'm really not holding my breath. It's one thing for Babcock to say it, but unless Illitch steps in and tells Holland to make s*** happen or else, I think Holland will drop the ball. So hopefully Illitch steps up to the plate along with Babcock and puts some pressure on Holland.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#66 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Even Holland did say there will be changes. Babcock is af****** boss if Holland fires him I swear I lose it he is the best coach in hockey give him a top 6 bottom 6 roster and this guy leads us to another cup no question.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#67 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

f*** retools, rebuilds we just reload!

f*** yes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#68 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Babcock is really putting on a lot on the line by putting tremendous pressure on Holland and really calling him out. He did it as soon as the 5th game ended and continues to, which is awesome.

Wouldn't be surprised if Holland fires him though, as I'm not sure he appreciates anyone going against his whole "father knows best" mentality.

Babs isn't going anywhere in the next year unless it's on his own terms. He's proven what he can do with the right tools and I'm sure they're in no hurry to replace him. Holland has been heralded as one of the best GM's in sports for some time now and he is now under scrutiny for the first time, not just from us fans but from the media as well. He knows that he is the GM of one of the best organizations in sports that is rich in winning tradition and knows what he needs to do keep the ship from sinking. I'm just as irked as the next person about his lack of moves in the last offseason and deadline but the ball is now in his court and has one last chance to redeem himself. The only way that he doesn't land Parise/Suter is if they take massive hometown discounts or someone gives them unreasonable deals. At that point I expect him to start working the phones.

I have no doubt that this is going to be the biggest offseason since 2001.

#69 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have no doubt that this is going to be the biggest offseason since 2001.

Babs' comments have got me feeling much better about things, I have to say.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#70 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Babcock should go on Leno tomorrow night to voice his displeasure. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#71 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

However the chemistry never did return with the injured players, and the loss of Helm was the dagger in the heart.

The playoffs exposed the Red Wings for not having a solid 4th line, i.e. the Grind Line. That should be one of their top priorities in the off season; reconstruct a new Grind Line, either with in-house players or bring in some new guys.

The playoffs also exposed the Red Wings for not having a "sniper" forward and a true "power" forward.

I'm going more with your last sentence. Can't win if you can't score.