No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Parise, Suter AND Semin

Rate this topic

1) You want Semin on this team?

2) AND you want to pay him $7 million.

:lol:

That lineup is even less gritty than this season's. Those 3rd and 4th lines need to be dramatically restructured.

Keep Cleary. His health should be much better next season. And he was one of our better players early on in the series.

Worse of all, you don't want Helm back? Why on earth would you want to let Helm go?

Edited by Nevermind

Get rid of Kindl before Ericsson or Quincy, and pass on Semin, especially at that cap hit.

And why the hell would you want to get rid of Helm??? He isn't and probably won't ever be a top 6 forward, but he has amazing speed and is great on the PK, and for s decent cap hit I would bring him back in a heartbeat.

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Guest blueadams

1) You want Semin on this team?

2) AND you want to pay him $7 million.

:lol:

That lineup is even less gritty than this season's. Those 3rd and 4th lines need to be dramatically restructured.

Keep Cleary. His health should be much better next season. And he was one of our better players early on in the series.

Worse of all, you don't want Helm back? Why on earth would you want to let Helm go?

1) Is it? Hudler's just as soft as Semin. Parise and Suter - very gritty players - are added.

2) Semin might not get 7 mil, but Parise and Suter might get more than 7 mil. 21 mil for the three of them should be enough. Rough estimates there.

3) Cleary, at 100%, is still a 4th line player that makes 3 mil a season.

4) Helm, I'd love to have back...but he's nothing more than a 4th line player too, and he's going to get expensive. If it came down to Helm or Semin (w/ Emmerton filling in for Helm), I'd take the latter.

Get rid of Kindl before Ericsson or Quincy, and pass on Semin, especially at that cap hit.

Ericsson and Quincey are third pairing defensemen that make over 3 mil each. Kindl makes less than 1 mil.

Who was Nashville's 6th defenseman? Some guy named Ryan Ellis who gets 7 minutes of ice time a game.

Edited by blueadams

Ericsson and Quincey are third pairing defensemen that make over 3 mil each. Kindl makes less than 1 mil.

And there is a reason for that, Kindl has played terribly while Ericsson and Quincy have played well with some exceptions. I'm not saying keep both of them, but keep one and get rid of Kindl and the odd one out.

Guest blueadams

And there is a reason for that, Kindl has played terribly while Ericsson and Quincy have played well with some exceptions. I'm not saying keep both of them, but keep one and get rid of Kindl and the odd one out.

We need our 4th line and our 3rd pairing on defense to be cheaper. Bottom line.

Do you watch hockey? Semin floats around and doesn't play defense. Posters complain about Mule, wait until you see Semin.

Mule led our team in goals this season. And I heard the same things about Sammy when he was here. If we're going to be a perimeter team, we need snipers like Semin.

Just say NO to Alex Semin.

I'm beginning to wonder how many Caps games a lot of people around here actually watch to want this guy so much.

This season, 77 GP 21G 33A 54PTS. Two games this season he was a healthy scratch because of his lack of production and drive. His locker room attitude is poor, and his lack of reliability as a proven scorer has been damaging to the Capitals this season and last.

There is no appeal, he's like Franzen's lazier brother. Same games played this season, Franzen scored 2 more points, was +14 better and had about 30 more shots on goal and 30 more hits. Signing him would be a mistake and the price to bring him in is insane.

Do you watch hockey? Semin floats around and doesn't play defense. Posters complain about Mule, wait until you see Semin.

:thumbup:

In Semin's defense, he's actually been putting effort in so far in these playoffs, (I even saw him play defense!) which is more than you can say about the Wings' resident lazy sniper

Am I the only one who wants Semin here? (at a decent price)

Some players just need a change of scenery. I honestly think he would be a pleasent surprise.

We have enough two way forwards anyways. Get someone who's gonna cherry pick every once in a while.

I would LOVE to get Semin. I don't care what anyone says, the kid has talent and LOTS of it. He has been the Caps best player this post season and is committing himself to defense a lot more than before... I constantly see him coming back, blocking shots and on offence he is a very good passer and he has a hell of a shot (right handed could be huge for us). To top that, his idol is Pavel Datsyuk so playing with Pavs might help him push himself even more to compete every shift. If the Red Wings could somehow sign Semin, Parise AND Suter, not only would Nick for sure come back, but they would be very much the top contender for the Stanley Cup and they would be STACKED! It is a huge long shot but it could happen. I expect Kenny will likely sign one of Semin or Parise and then go full out for Sutter. I guess only time will tell.

I asked LeBrun if he thought we'd get one of Parise and Suter...he direct messaged me and said it's really hard to say. This was on twitter, can post screen shot if needed.

No offense whatsoever to you or LeBrun (it's really cool that you got a response from him. I +1'ed you), but...I don't think we need anyone to tell us that we'll be extraordinarily lucky just to get one of Parise and Suter.

Edited by Dabura

No offense whatsoever to you or LeBrun (it's really cool that you got a response from him. I +1'ed you), but...I don't think we need anyone to tell us that we'll be extraordinarily lucky just to get one of Parise and Suter.

Lol agree 100%.

What are your thoughts? I think we do land Parise but I think Suter stays in Nashville... for a price that will cause most people on this board to commit suicide.

I can barely tolerate one Franzen, let alone another.

Parise is a no doubter. I hope the opportunity to play with Pavel really entices him to Detroit. I feel like the Red Wings are the team to beat, but that's purely a hunch and a lot can happen before free agency even starts.

I would love Suter, though I think that hinges on whether Nick returns. If Nick retires and Stuart indeed goes West, then Suter may become more of a necessity than Parise. I think there's a fairly decent chance Suter stays in Nashville too. More playoff games is additional revenue.

The impact players drop off a lot after Parise and Suter. The Red Wings really need to come away with whichever one they deem a bigger priority.

Edited by GoWings1905

Because he had a dog-s*** year and still had 21 goals. And has a 40 goal ceiling. And because Datsyuk needs someone to slap around.

he is a dog s*** player, the weakest nhl player, not to mention in the wings system he would be 10x lazier than franzen.