• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Parise, Suter AND Semin

Rate this topic

datsyuk has said multiple times he would like another russian on the team and semin has shown some heart these playoffs. I'd like to think that datsyuk could bring out the best in his countryman and we could use a right hand sniper in our lineup. If franzen is traded for other things semin would be great. But like others said, our top 6 doesn't have room for two chronic egotistic floaters.

Has no one been watching the Caps / Bruins series?

Semin has been Washingtons best player (not named Holtby) diving blocking shots and everything.

Believe it or not..players DO change. What would it hurt to sign him for one year?

If he's as s***ty as everyone on this board thinks, then he's gone after one year. I think Detroit should gamble on him if he makes it to UFA.

Edited by SaCkaveli20

he is a dog s*** player, the weakest nhl player, not to mention in the wings system he would be 10x lazier than franzen.

It's kind of hard to be lazier than Franzen, and the Wings system isn't that great anymore. Hossa was a floater, Hull was a floater most of his career. Semin is a floater and a sniper, he could hit 40 or 50 playing with his countryman and National teammate. Datsyuk needs that type of player, he needs a pure scorer. There is NOBODY on the Wings that compliments Dastyuk in that fashion and nobody in the system ready to step up to the first line and keep up with Dats. Nyquist has shown flashes, but by time he is a legit #1 line player, Dats will be in his last contract and headed towards retirement...he needs help now. Besides, its not like they will be acquiring Hossa again or even Kovalchuk

Now I like parise>semin, but you cant pin all your hopes on one guy to sign here. What if parise or suter get there rights traded? Actually im sure they will be since teams will get whatever then can before they lose a player(Ehrhoff, Bryzgalov). So must keep all options open and semin to me is a really good option as well, and what does he have over parise? A right handed shot, can you imagine actually having a one timer from the other side finally on the power play?

Semin has been Washingtons best player (not named MHoltby) diving blocking shots and everything.

I'm not on the bring Semin in bandwagon but I've watched a good amount of Caps games this year and Semin is not deserving of the reputation he has on these boards. I'm not saying he's amazing but he most certainly is not lazy. He does make some mistakes defensively but at the right price he should be considered (in my opinion).

Perfect example was Boston's 3rd goal yesterday. Semin tried to get the puck to the net but Seguin took it the other way. The announcers, instead of ripping Backstrom's extremely lazy back checking, decided to blame Semin for the turnover while ignoring him busting his butt back and tying up the Bruins stick on a wide open net. If Backstrom had hustled back as hard as Semin he easily would have been in position to stop Ference from tying the game.

People who question Semin's effort should take a look at that play.

I'm not on the bring Semin in bandwagon but I've watched a good amount of Caps games this year and Semin is not deserving of the reputation he has on these boards. I'm not saying he's amazing but he most certainly is not lazy. He does make some mistakes defensively but at the right price he should be considered (in my opinion).

Perfect example was Boston's 3rd goal yesterday. Semin tried to get the puck to the net but Seguin took it the other way. The announcers, instead of ripping Backstrom's extremely lazy back checking, decided to blame Semin for the turnover while ignoring him busting his butt back and tying up the Bruins stick on a wide open net. If Backstrom had hustled back as hard as Semin he easily would have been in position to stop Ference from tying the game.

People who question Semin's effort should take a look at that play.

Backstrom was definitely to blame for a couple of his incredibly lazy back checks. But I'm not convinced Semin has suddenly changed.

He was a healthy scratch a couple times this season for lack of effort. And we're talking about a 28 year old, not some kid. It's not that he's terrible. It's the same issue we have with Franzen. For as talented as he is, he should be more of a factor in games on a nightly basis. Instead he only seems dominant on some nights when he feels inspired.

Maybe he's finally decided to work hard every night but it's definitely still a gamble.

Semin has been Washingtons best player (not named MHoltby) diving blocking shots and everything.

Believe it or not..players DO change. What would it hurt to sign him for one year?

If he's as s***ty as everyone on this board thinks, then he's gone after one year. I think Detroit should gamble on him if he makes it to UFA.

He is likely playing for a contract, as soon as he gets the said contract he will stop playing to his potential again.

Backstrom was definitely to blame for a couple of his incredibly lazy back checks. But I'm not convinced Semin has suddenly changed.

He was a healthy scratch a couple times this season for lack of effort. And we're talking about a 28 year old, not some kid. It's not that he's terrible. It's the same issue we have with Franzen. For as talented as he is, he should be more of a factor in games on a nightly basis. Instead he only seems dominant on some nights when he feels inspired.

Maybe he's finally decided to work hard every night but it's definitely still a gamble.

I will be the first to admit I dont watch every Caps game. However, I guess what I am saying is that I don't think Semin has suddenly changed, I think he was never as lazy as people have made him out to be. I think people expect him to produce tons of goals and points so when he doesnt they think he's just lazy. It's mostly, in my opinion, because he isn't amazing at any other portion of the game so when he's not rolling offensively then ppl think he sucks. To me he is overpaid at $6M but with scoring down league wide (on an individual player perspective) I don't think he's the only guy that looks to be a shell of his former self.

Maybe he's had far more bad games than I've ever had the displeasure of watching but I just think the guy gets way too much of a bad reputation. It's almost like the bias against Hudler on these boards. Do I love him and think the Wings need to keep him? No, but I don't think he is nearly as worthless as most posters would describe.

4) Helm, I'd love to have back...but he's nothing more than a 4th line player too, and he's going to get expensive.

If Helmer is "nothing more than a 4th line player" why is he "going to get expensive." I think he is a lot more to this team than just a fourth line player hence the reason he will get more expensive. Hearing Babs talk about him after the lacerated tendons it seems that Babs thinks he brings more as well.

Half the guys on this team, and the head coach, and maybe even the GM (memory's a little hazy) stopped just short of calling Helm the heart of this team. Guy's not going anywhere anytime soon, especially considering what happened to him.

EDIT:

Hossa was a floater

Hossa was playing hurt, and he didn't exactly have a lot of time to learn the system.

Edited by Dabura

its his contract year of course hes going to try harder, so he can get a bigger contract. Once he gets the big contract he will go back to being lazy

He is likely playing for a contract, as soon as he gets the said contract he will stop playing to his potential again.

Much like Franzen...

Half the guys on this team, and the head coach, and maybe even the GM (memory's a little hazy) stopped just short of calling Helm the heart of this team. Guy's not going anywhere anytime soon, especially considering what happened to him.

EDIT:

Hossa was playing hurt, and he didn't exactly have a lot of time to learn the system.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Hossa fan and defender. But he was mostly known as a scorer before he came here and not too much on the defensive end...

Hossa was a floater

lol....Hossa is one of the best two way forwards in the league.

Why does everyone say he sucked for us in the playoffs? Dude had 16 points with a torn shoulder that required surgery. (which he missed the first two months of the following season)

He was great for us and Holland f***ed up huge letting him go.

''It's not an individual sport,'' said Kovalchuk, the Devils' leading scorer in the regular season. ''The worst thing I can do is try to do everything by myself. It has never worked out. I have tried it a lot of times in the past when I was frustrated and did things I shouldn't do. That's when you get yourself and the team in trouble.

''We're a great team all year long and we just have to do what the coaches say.''

If Kovalchuk can change...Semin can change.

Get him here Kenny!!!

lol....Hossa is one of the best two way forwards in the league.

Why does everyone say he sucked for us in the playoffs? Dude had 16 points with a torn shoulder that required surgery. (which he missed the first two months of the following season)

He was great for us and Holland f***ed up huge letting him go.

Because Wing's fans like to look at one series and base their opinion of the player on that.

See: Franzen, goes from best player and best deal when on a scoring streak to worst player possible when held scoreless in 5 games while injured.

Hossa was tremendous for us, and will probably be the last 40 goal scorer the wings will see in some time.

If Kovalchuk can change...Semin can change.

Get him here Kenny!!!

Semin isn't captain, and plays around Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green.

Kovalchuk was the captain of the Thrashers, and all the responsibility fell into his lap because he had next to no talent around him.

These are two completely different scenarios, Semin doesn't carry a heavy workload like Kovie was expected to in ATL. Kovalchuk actually gives a damn about playing well for his team also, Semin floats around collecting that massive overpay of a contract.

Complete disaster of a signing if we bring Semin here, and anyone can feel free to quote me on that if we do wind up taking him. At the end of the season no one will be happy with the signing but at least it will take some pressure off of Franzen for being lazy and unproductive.

Semin isn't captain, and plays around Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green.

Kovalchuk was the captain of the Thrashers, and all the responsibility fell into his lap because he had next to no talent around him.

These are two completely different scenarios, Semin doesn't carry a heavy workload like Kovie was expected to in ATL. Kovalchuk actually gives a damn about playing well for his team also, Semin floats around collecting that massive overpay of a contract.

Complete disaster of a signing if we bring Semin here, and anyone can feel free to quote me on that if we do wind up taking him. At the end of the season no one will be happy with the signing but at least it will take some pressure off of Franzen for being lazy and unproductive.

Unless he signs with Detroit or another team and then has a great year. I'm assuming you will probably not want to be quoted then.