• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

''It's not an individual sport,'' said Kovalchuk, the Devils' leading scorer in the regular season. ''The worst thing I can do is try to do everything by myself. It has never worked out. I have tried it a lot of times in the past when I was frustrated and did things I shouldn't do. That's when you get yourself and the team in trouble.
''We're a great team all year long and we just have to do what the coaches say.''

If Kovalchuk can change...Semin can change.

Get him here Kenny!!!

#42 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

lol....Hossa is one of the best two way forwards in the league.

Why does everyone say he sucked for us in the playoffs? Dude had 16 points with a torn shoulder that required surgery. (which he missed the first two months of the following season)

He was great for us and Holland f***ed up huge letting him go.

Because Wing's fans like to look at one series and base their opinion of the player on that.

See: Franzen, goes from best player and best deal when on a scoring streak to worst player possible when held scoreless in 5 games while injured.

Hossa was tremendous for us, and will probably be the last 40 goal scorer the wings will see in some time.

#43 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'd be fine with Semin (not signed until 35+) if Mule is traded.

#44 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

If Kovalchuk can change...Semin can change.

Get him here Kenny!!!

Semin isn't captain, and plays around Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green.

Kovalchuk was the captain of the Thrashers, and all the responsibility fell into his lap because he had next to no talent around him.

These are two completely different scenarios, Semin doesn't carry a heavy workload like Kovie was expected to in ATL. Kovalchuk actually gives a damn about playing well for his team also, Semin floats around collecting that massive overpay of a contract.

Complete disaster of a signing if we bring Semin here, and anyone can feel free to quote me on that if we do wind up taking him. At the end of the season no one will be happy with the signing but at least it will take some pressure off of Franzen for being lazy and unproductive.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#45 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Semin isn't captain, and plays around Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green.

Kovalchuk was the captain of the Thrashers, and all the responsibility fell into his lap because he had next to no talent around him.

These are two completely different scenarios, Semin doesn't carry a heavy workload like Kovie was expected to in ATL. Kovalchuk actually gives a damn about playing well for his team also, Semin floats around collecting that massive overpay of a contract.

Complete disaster of a signing if we bring Semin here, and anyone can feel free to quote me on that if we do wind up taking him. At the end of the season no one will be happy with the signing but at least it will take some pressure off of Franzen for being lazy and unproductive.

Unless he signs with Detroit or another team and then has a great year. I'm assuming you will probably not want to be quoted then.

#46 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'd be fine with Semin (not signed until 35+) if Mule is traded.

Sadly as a fan of mule I would be too

Posted Image

#47 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

No way on Semin. Signing him would be a huge mistake.