• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

So Who Do You Cheer For Now?

Rate this topic

LA is who I would like to see. Ottawa is one of my faves.

Hate it or not, a PHX NAS/ anyone and FLA conference finals would really stabilize the game and raise revenues.

However, f*** Bettman and his business plans. I hope it is the worst money maker possible.

I also hope Nashville loses the next round. Their fans are classless.

Hockey is essentially over for me, although I will still watch the finals no matter who is in it. The only teams I would not mind see winning this year are LA and Ottawa, anyone else would bother me on some level.

I'm fine rooting for the Preds, the Blues and the Bruins. I feel a lot better about losing to the Preds than I did San Jose. They got it done and battled. Can't take anything away from them. Even their cheap stuff was heat of the moment, hard-fought emotional hockey if you ask me, and I've got no problems with Shea Weber in general. I'd love to see him on the Wings.

I'll cheer for the Blues. I still have a softy spot for those 1967 teams that haven't won yet like St. Louis and Buffalo. The Blues have good fans and a good young team. I'll cheer for the Rangers and Devils to play so I can see a couple of those games but if I'm cheering for someone to win it'd be St. Louis

I'll be watching as much as I can for the love of the game, but I want to see the Panthers win.

Tomas Kopecky winning a cup every other year with three different teams is enough to assure me that the world is going to end very soon and I will not have to pay off my credit cards.

Plus Sammy is there, so that's 2 men from my past who could win it.

If not the Panthers, I'm quite cool with the Kings or Sens, although I might have to flip a coin to choose between them if needed.

Could never stop watching playoff hockey, my teams in the following order are now:

1. Preds (was hoping I could cheer for them this year but then we played them round 1), their fans, Trotz, owners, etc all deserve it IMO

2. Sens, my 2nd favourite team

2. Flyers, always been one of my favourite teams and they're playing the Pens

2. Kings, screw the Canucks

2. Coyotes, their fans deserve it and also down with the Blackhawks

6. Capitals because screw Boston

7. Panthers

8. Blues, new blood in the West.. but really don't care about this series either way

first of all; I hope Flyers knock the Penguins out of the playoffs. Then; Go KINGS!

Yup, pretty much that right there.

I suppose St. Louis going deep (or dare I say, the finals?) would be positive for my region in KC. The cup being won in Missouri could spark interest in finally pursuing a team >.>

Otherwise, my CHL team is still in the thick of the playoffs and they have my full attention until they're done.

I'm fine rooting for the Preds, the Blues and the Bruins. I feel a lot better about losing to the Preds than I did San Jose. They got it done and battled. Can't take anything away from them. Even their cheap stuff was heat of the moment, hard-fought emotional hockey if you ask me, and I've got no problems with Shea Weber in general. I'd love to see him on the Wings.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Hope StL finishes off San Chokezay, and Pheonix sends Chicago home, and Vancouver out in round one would be a little consolation prize for me, living 60 minutes south of Vancouver.

Other than checking into LGW for off season RW updates, it's time for me to turn off hockey and get outside to ride and paddle more and tend to the property (home games are at 4pm for me---prime afterwork outside time ).

I'll tune into LGW and listen to Vancouver's Team 1040, but I can't take any more of the awful pun's that NHL.com uses in almost every frikin head line. (Who do they got runnning that stupid site?)

Have a good off season, guys and gals. Go Wings.

Hockey is pretty much over for me now, especially since the NHL in their wisdom didn't do a TV deal with a UK broadcaster this year, leaving me to root around on teh interwebz consuming my bandwidth.

And anyone but Pittsburgh.

Im surprised so many of you are rooting for the Preds. sure they beat us. they'd prob still beat us even if Weber got a 2 game suspension for his antics. but i just can't get over how goonish/vicious that his actions were. if he had connected on his first punch like he wanted to Z could really have gotten a concussion.