110 replies to this topic

#41 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Philly.

Peter Laviolette and Co. kinda sold me from this past year's 24/7 series on HBO. Seems like they're a tight group.

#42 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm fine rooting for the Preds, the Blues and the Bruins. I feel a lot better about losing to the Preds than I did San Jose. They got it done and battled. Can't take anything away from them. Even their cheap stuff was heat of the moment, hard-fought emotional hockey if you ask me, and I've got no problems with Shea Weber in general. I'd love to see him on the Wings.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Hope StL finishes off San Chokezay, and Pheonix sends Chicago home, and Vancouver out in round one would be a little consolation prize for me, living 60 minutes south of Vancouver.

Other than checking into LGW for off season RW updates, it's time for me to turn off hockey and get outside to ride and paddle more and tend to the property (home games are at 4pm for me---prime afterwork outside time ).

I'll tune into LGW and listen to Vancouver's Team 1040, but I can't take any more of the awful pun's that NHL.com uses in almost every frikin head line. (Who do they got runnning that stupid site?)

Have a good off season, guys and gals. Go Wings.

#43 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

yotes

#44 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hockey is pretty much over for me now, especially since the NHL in their wisdom didn't do a TV deal with a UK broadcaster this year, leaving me to root around on teh interwebz consuming my bandwidth.

And anyone but Pittsburgh.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hockey is just over now.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Anyone but Pittsburgh, Vancouver and St Louis. Screw em, would like to see LA and Philly succeed.

#NOMOREKINDL

#47 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

yotes

This. It's also time for me to start my yearly irrational and immature "root against the team that knocked out the Wings" tradition, even if them losing earlier makes us look even worse. I'm classy that way, apparently. :crybaby:

Posted Image

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#48 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'd really like to see the New York Rangers win it all although I wouldn't mind seein the Blues, Yotes, Panthers or Bruins(again).

#49 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Im surprised so many of you are rooting for the Preds. sure they beat us. they'd prob still beat us even if Weber got a 2 game suspension for his antics. but i just can't get over how goonish/vicious that his actions were. if he had connected on his first punch like he wanted to Z could really have gotten a concussion.

#50 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

lets go flyers!

#51 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I like hockey. Why not Philly. Maybe Boston. St.Louis and Nashville of course for being in the division.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Philly vs. St. Louis would be great.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#53 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

whoever is playing vancouver or pittsburgh.

after that i just don't care.
Posted Image

#54 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

My spirit has been broken this season.

I will not root for anyone for the first time in my fandom. And it's all the Red Wings' fault.

Posted Image

#55 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Let's Go Tigers!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#56 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I liked the Preds during the regular season, but I couldn't root for them after they eliminated us. Also, I'll probably harbor a never ending hatred towards Weber, even if he comes to DET next season. Guess it's Kings and Flyers from here on out.

#57 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Preds and Blues, they always wanted to be like the Wings, and they are doing it, they deserve a shot at going far into the playoffs.

#58 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Best case scenario for me:
La beats nsh in west finals
Wsh beats nyr in east finals

LA wins the cup for the first time ever!

La and nsh would be the ultimate goalie battle

Posted Image

I've been On many losing teams, so I know this feeling well. It's probably magnified because it's the Stanley cup playoffs and because he's a goalie.

I couldnt imagine being a goalie in this situation, even though he played well

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#59 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Caps, Blues... and K-wings!
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#60 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

For me now, hockey is no longer an obsession, just an interest I keep tabs on like baseball. I'll always root for the Wings first, but I hope some fresh blood makes it through. I like what Hitchcock has done for St. Louis, and I think they will make it to the WCF and the SCF. I agree that it's an easier loss to take losing to the Preds versus the Sharks (very minimally) because for me the Sharks are classless. All the snowings on Jimmy, the dives, etc. irritate me far worse than losing to a team with a good goalie. The Preds can go far too, but it will be interesting to see how they fare against Phoenix (although they may lull me to sleep with their styles of play) and maybe St. Louis. In the East, I think Boston will make another drive to the finals, trying to defend the cup, but the Rangers may give them a run for their money. Should be interesting either way, just not as much without my boys still in the mix.