• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

I don't just downright dislike any teams, but the three below I won't feel sorry if they get eliminated.

Pitt - Obvious reasons.

Philadelphia - Nothing too much against the team, just don't like Philly fans in general.

Nashville - Nothing against the team either, or Weber and the incident (sucks that it happened obviously but after the 2nd/3rd game it was pretty much water under the bridge to me), 100% because of their fans. Razzing the goalie or the other team in game action, never really bugged me, but right after the game/series ended when they cheered you suck, that did it for me. They could be saying things that are plenty worse, it might be "just what they do", it's still a piss-poor thing to do. Celebrate without being a bunch of jackasses.

So, those three primarily, but in all likelihood whoever wins now probably won't make me lose sleep at night.

#62 predandy

predandy

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

I don't just downright dislike any teams, but the three below I won't feel sorry if they get eliminated.

Pitt - Obvious reasons.

Philadelphia - Nothing too much against the team, just don't like Philly fans in general.

Nashville - Nothing against the team either, or Weber and the incident (sucks that it happened obviously but after the 2nd/3rd game it was pretty much water under the bridge to me), 100% because of their fans. Razzing the goalie or the other team in game action, never really bugged me, but right after the game/series ended when they cheered you suck, that did it for me. They could be saying things that are plenty worse, it might be "just what they do", it's still a piss-poor thing to do. Celebrate without being a bunch of jackasses.

So, those three primarily, but in all likelihood whoever wins now probably won't make me lose sleep at night.

As a longtime Preds fan, I can completely understand that. I am tired of the "you suck" that people in our building have to interject into most everything, but especially when they play that song at the end of a game and never moreso than last night during the handshake line. At this point I think it's a conditioned Pavlovian reaction by most of the people there. They hear the song and just react. I think the arena staff could keep it from happening (if they wanted to) if they just didn't play the song, or if last night they had at least stopped it before the handshakes. At the end of every other game it's stupid because by the time they play the song, the opposing team has left the ice and everybody's yelling that crap when the Preds are saluting the fans by raising their sticks before they leave the ice.

Not sure what, if anything, I accomplished by sharing that, but if nothing else it was worth it just to let you know that not all of us take part in it, and some wish it didn't take place at all.

#63 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Senators, Kings, and Flyers.

#64 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Nobody in particular.

I do like watching the Blues a little but their fans that come on here are as moronic as any generic troll.

#65 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

The Flyers, specifically Claude Giroux.

#66 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

The Braves :thumbup:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#67 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Saint Johns Sea Dogs, at least they know how to score goals.........

#68 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

As a longtime Preds fan, I can completely understand that. I am tired of the "you suck" that people in our building have to interject into most everything, but especially when they play that song at the end of a game and never moreso than last night during the handshake line. At this point I think it's a conditioned Pavlovian reaction by most of the people there. They hear the song and just react. I think the arena staff could keep it from happening (if they wanted to) if they just didn't play the song, or if last night they had at least stopped it before the handshakes. At the end of every other game it's stupid because by the time they play the song, the opposing team has left the ice and everybody's yelling that crap when the Preds are saluting the fans by raising their sticks before they leave the ice.

Not sure what, if anything, I accomplished by sharing that, but if nothing else it was worth it just to let you know that not all of us take part in it, and some wish it didn't take place at all.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in that regard then.

And I'll re-emphasize, that personally I'm not offended or throwing a hissy fit at somebody saying you suck in itself. I've heard plenty worse. The concept of it and mocking somebody else, whether it is G-rated or R-rated, after something has concluded and when the opponent has done probably little/nothing to piss you off, just isn't right.

#69 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

ABTSFWP

Anyone But The s***birds From Western Pennsylvania
Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.

#70 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm going for the Blues now and also enjoying the Senators, being from Ontario myself. I want to keep the cup in our division, but I don't want Nashville anywhere near it.

#71 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'd like to see Phoenix do well. They succeed despite all the odds.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#72 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Blues first and foremost followed by Flyers and Kings.
Hawks
Bruins
Panthers
Don't care who wins between Rangers/Sens, like em' both.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#73 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

The Shar... *aw crap* :hehe:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#74 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

In Panthers/Kings/Coyotes/Blues bandwagon.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#75 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Thank you for this. It takes a very classy person to admit that their team's fans can be cold and cruel. In all the years I've been a Wings fan, I've never heard our fans do anything like that. Yeah, we boo certain players when they have the puck (Hossa and Fedorov come to mind), but you won't hear our fans doing the kind of stuff they were doing in Nashville. I like to think we're above that.
Posted Image

#76 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'd like a SCF with the Kings/Sens. Flyers would be my second choice in the East.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#77 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

I plus'ed your post, as did others here. Thank you for saying what you did. Perhaps the fans will grow up some day and realize it's juvenile to jeer an opponent (especially one that, when healthy, would grind you to dust) rather than cheer for its own team. Older franchises with hockey-savvy fans know this -- it will come in time, if the club remains in Nashville. Bettman appears determined for that to happen, so I am glad for you.

That said, I would like Nashville gone in the next round, please. Sharks are gone. Good. Heretical as this might be, I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take the Cup. Then Hitchcock, like Hull, would have a Stanley Cup that was actually earned, rather than gifted by the NHL officials. No goal. Yes, it still isn't a goal. Time and NHL excuses doesn't change a fact.

I liked the fact that the Blues made the Wings sit up and take notice every game. They couldn't coast when Hitchcock sent the goon squad out and had to play their best to compete. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a division rival which makes the Wings ALL show up, or else. :cool:

Would prefer the Devils not win. Their last Cup celebration consisted of about 15,000 "fans" showing up in the parking lot. Woo. Watch Detroit next season, for a guide on how to throw a Cup Celebration. :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#78 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Not the Penguins, Hawks, Bruins or Devils.
Almost anybody else really, although it'd be cool to see a Canadian team fight for it.
I am curious to see how far the Preds go because I think they have a helluva forechecking/defensive team.

I also think Phoenix is an up-and-comer. We shall see...Posted Image

Edited by Vladifan, 22 April 2012 - 10:39 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#79 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

My spirit has been broken this season.

I will not root for anyone for the first time in my fandom. And it's all the Red Wings' fault.

This team has been dead to me since they let Aaron Downey (El Savior) go.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#80 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

LA and Team Walrus. Eff all the other teams in the playoffs.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)