• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

PLEASE Philly beat the pens! After that my emotional choice out of the east is the Caps. Love Ovie and want to see him get his Cup ring just like s***ny has. Don't really see it happening but that's my choice. Out of the West I love Hichcock. Go bloos! I love how he was cast out of Columbus as not good enough to coach that dynasty. Usually, after the Wings are out I stop watching but this year I will keep tabs on what's going on. Babcock is out in the first round, Hitchcock wasn't good enough for his old team. Say what you will, but those two ***** know hockey!

#82 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

As much as it pisses me off, I like the Preds because Rinne and St. Louis because Ive like Tj Oshie since he's came into the league. Ive wanted him multiple times actually. I really dont care about the east as long as the pens dont make it, maybe Ill pick Ottawa do to my geographical location.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#83 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Sorry even after all this time I don't know how to add a "reply" to my post. So to the person who asked if I would cheer for the Sharks, Hawks etc to win the cup .. I would say the same thing I did in my original post. I always will root for the West. Maybe its just me but I have always been so sick of the Eastern Conference bias and hockey experts, analysts, pundits etc all treating the West like the redheaded stepchild. I get that it will probably never change but I have been watching hockey my whole life and just don't like it.
Theres the saying that "the East is made up of good players and the West is made up of good teams" but it seems like the high scoring players get far more attention than the high scoring teams. Other than a Sedin or Perry appearing out of nowhere the high scorers are always out of the East and get all the attention - Stamkos, Ovie, Malkin, Crosby, Tavares, Kovalchuk etc etc. The West has the better goalies but all you hear about is Thomas, Fleury and Brodeur. I find it irritating.
Look at the Winter Classics; only once was it two Western teams. Its always the darlings of the East. Even our upcoming WC we are playing an Eastern team. Why would they pick a team not in our conference and why pick the Leafs when the Canadian teams have their own game... Heritage Classic? I understand they are playing the whole "original six" card but I don't buy it.

Maybe if the Western teams win a bunch of Cups in a row it may make people take notice. Probably not but, just speaking for myself, I will not root for an Eastern team to win the Cup
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#84 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Its not who you root FOR, Its who do you root AGAINST. We should only root for the Wings.

You should root against-

-Canadian teams

-Chicago

-Pitt

-SJ (but they are thankfully gone from the competition)

-Preds
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#85 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Flyers for me. Would love to see them win the cup since the wings are gone.

Posted Image

#86 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Its not who you root FOR, Its who do you root AGAINST. We should only root for the Wings.

This is basically my feeling as well. I hate the s***birds, so I'm rooting against them. Doesn't mean I'm a Philly fan. I could care less who wins the Cup now, as long as it's not Pittsburgh. Then I'd care. For me, it's time to dive headlong into baseball. Best part of the end of hockey season, whenever it comes, is now I can devote myself to my other sports passion.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#87 wingsfan_indian

wingsfan_indian

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

capitals

#88 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

It's crazy to think who's been eliminated in the first round so far.

San Jose, Detroit, Pittsburgh..
(Boston, Chicago, Vancouver on their way)

Whoa..that's a lot of firepower.

#89 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's crazy to think who's been eliminated in the first round so far.

San Jose, Detroit, Pittsburgh..
(Boston, Chicago, Vancouver on their way)

Whoa..that's a lot of firepower.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#90 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hockey is essentially over for me. I can only truly root for the Wings.
I do care enough to follow standings on NHL.com to see who ends up in each round and inevitably, wins The Cup, though. So not really rooting for, per se, but I'm going with the Kings/Sens crowd for whatever it's worth.

#91 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

As the homeless man outside of Detroit sporting events says, Panthers "goin all the way to the Stanley Cuuuuup".

#92 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Kings are my favorite of the remaining teams so them first, then the Bruins (all of my brothers love them), and as much as it kills me to say right now...Preds because I like watching Rinne

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#93 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Kings. Bruins. Flyers. Blues. Just say no to Preds!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#94 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Philly
Predators
Sens
Yotes

in no particular order, though Preds > Yotes, Philly > Sens if they would meet in a series.

#95 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

I'm cheering for the Caps and Ovechkin. Personally, I don't think they have a snowball's chance and they have a big test on Wednesday in Boston. Ovie plays hard and deserves to have his hard work pay off eventually.

#96 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

The New York Rangers though I'd be okay with Ottawa winning this one.
Los Angeles kings

#97 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

G/F is a Kings fan, so I'm going with LA.

Besides, it's not line some assbucket we all hate plays for LA.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#98 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I will follow the series online, but I probably won't watch any games. As much as I love hockey, my life is just too busy, and not having cable means I'd have to dig around for streams and sit on my computer all night. So as far as watching hockey goes, I'm probably done until one of the last games of the Finals. It's hard to justify to people letting hockey take up 80% of my free time when my team isn't even playing.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#99 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Philly and LA, but Philly > LA.

That would be a sweet finals series too with the whole underlying story of Carter and Richards getting dumped by PHI and then going to LA and a chance to get their revenge. I think LA could take them too.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#100 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

I can't believe everyone rooting for the Preds and Blues. Team that eliminated the Wings? No thanks. Division rival with petulant fans? No thanks. I'll be pulling for PHX to knock off NSH and LA to take out STL. After that, I couldn't care less. I like the way LA is playing but I also sort of want PHX to pull something off, they finally won a playoff series and all it took was an opponent other than Detroit.

In the East, I have wanted OTT to take out NYR simply because if the Wings are out, I want the 'rest of the best' out in the first as well. Wouldn't really matter in the end, but it helps take a little bit of the sting out. WSH to beat Boston because I don't want them winning back-to-back before we do. I don't really have an opinion on the FLA/NJD, the Pens are out in the East and that's all I really care about. I wouldn't mind FLA going far because they are our AHL affiliate (who is also in the Calder Cup for the first time in several years, so I'm actually paying more attention to that at this point).

My please-dont-win-s***-list has grown shorter rather quickly, so I can just sit back at watch from this point on.

San Jose
Nashville
Pittsburgh
Chicago
St Louis
Vancouver

Edited by rrasco, 24 April 2012 - 10:40 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30