• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

It'd be fun to see Carrie Underwood raise the roof.

I don't really give a s***. Glad Nucks/Hawks/Shurks and Crosbys are gone, let the chips fall where they may.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#102 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Flash-sideways.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#103 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'd like it to be Ottawa and the Coyotes. I know. Laugh away. It ain't gonna happen, but I like both of them.

Please, just not the Blues (can't stomach Jackman, and yes, hockey fans, that's enough for me). Wouldn't mind the Predators because I'm one of those who thinks their goalie and defense AND offense ain't bad at all and I'd just like to be proven right.

I am ecstatic to see both the Penguins and Hawks on their asses, and I would like to see the Caps take the Bruins, even though I know that's off-topic. :D

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#104 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Rooting for an 8th seed vs. 8th seed cup final.

#105 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

It's really a process of elimination for me.

NOT the Blues
NOT the Hawks
NOT the Preds
NOT the Pens
NOT the Sens

If anyone else wins, I'm ok with that.

And not St. Louis, either. I have residual hatred from the Pronger days that has been partially transferred to Philly, but the Blues are still tainted for me.
I wouldn't be thrilled if SJ won, but it wouldn't break my heart.
I've hopped on the Kings bandwagon for the duration; let's see what happens.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#106 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Flyers for me. Would love to see them win the cup since the wings are gone.

Same.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa, Washington, or LA win it.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#107 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

Say what you will about Hartnell, but that was gold Jerry, gold.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 25 April 2012 - 10:31 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#108 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Love how the girl next to Hulk Malkin is laughing at the fact that a fellow Pens fan is being rightfully mocked.

Go Philly.

I know all the attention has shifted to the "Who would you HATE to see win the cup" thread, but I'd just like to point out the keen possibility of Kings vs. Flyers in the cup finals. It would be awesome and I'm rooting for it. I don't know if there's any real animosity between Carter/Richards and their former team for dumping them, but it certainly would add some possible media fueled intrigue.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#109 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I know all the attention has shifted to the "Who would you HATE to see win the cup" thread, but I'd just like to point out the keen possibility of Kings vs. Flyers in the cup finals. It would be awesome and I'm rooting for it. I don't know if there's any real animosity between Carter/Richards and their former team for dumping them, but it certainly would add some possible media fueled intrigue.

Not that the NHL fixes or tries to fix their games *cough*Penguins*cough*, but Kings vs Flyers would be the best possible matchup for the league as far as interest goes. Two big cities. Both teams smashing their opponents with ease. The obvious storyline with Richards and Carter on the Kings.

#110 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Flyers games are a blast to watch this year. They score like crazy and get scored on almost as often. I'm glad the Flyers are still in it just for the entertainment value. :thumbup:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#111 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Go Kings !