• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

25 Games for Torres

Rate this topic

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God, quit bitching about the Weber non-suspension. It wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference in the series.

People do have a right to their opinion and to be honest, the series may of been different, who knows. Anyways, no reason for living in the past.

Seen worse.

In all honesty, it was obvious he'd get suspended. I was expecting a figure around the 8-9 mark. However I'll admit I wasn't fully aware of the full extent of Torres and his horrific suspension history. He targets players heads, no doubt.

Still, 25 games is a bit steep but that is basically playoffs+preseason which is OK by me.

Seen worse.

In all honesty, it was obvious he'd get suspended. I was expecting a figure around the 8-9 mark. However I'll admit I wasn't fully aware of the full extent of Torres and his horrific suspension history. He targets players heads, no doubt.

Still, 25 games is a bit steep but that is basically playoffs+preseason which is OK by me.

Preseason doesn't count. If the coyotes close out their series tonight and move on to play three 7 game series he would still have to miss the first two games of the next regular season.

Preseason doesn't count. If the coyotes close out their series tonight and move on to play three 7 game series he would still have to miss the first two games of the next regular season.

Shanny said it did in his video.

I can't believe someone voted too lenient and so many voted just right, hockey fans have really gone down the tubes. None of you who voted just right has ever played a second of hockey.

The idea is to make sure that Raffi Torres never plays a second of hockey again.

He's one of (if not the) dirtiest player in the league.

It's obviously because of his 5 similar hit history, he certainly deserves 25 games. The guy knows how the league is really cracking down on head hits this year and he still gets suspended 3 different times for real bad head hits? Torres is a moron, much like anyone still bitching about Weber.

You aren't? Guy hits him late, around the head, leaps into him. Oh, right, Couture didn't end up in the hospital. :rolleyes:

At first I was with you on this, but in your video you see Neal really let up last minute and try to avoid contact thus showing respect for his fellow NHL'er...Not the case at all with Torres, he wanted to f*** Hossa up, the same way he did with his other sixty-three infractions this season.

At first I was with you on this, but in your video you see Neal really let up last minute and try to avoid contact thus showing respect for his fellow NHL'er...Not the case at all with Torres, he wanted to f*** Hossa up, the same way he did with his other sixty-three infractions this season.

Then we simply disagree. I don't see letting up on the contact nor trying to avoid him. The puck is much further away, for a longer period than with Torres. Torres is a harder hit, and has a bigger rap sheet, but I don't see this as any better.

Frankly, I want my D-men to f*** people up, in a cleaner way, but I certainly want that.

All of this IMO has been spiraling downhill for a while, but it was really poignant after the Rome-Horton hit, where because Horton was hurt, Rome got suspended (or a longer one) due to that. Eventually it is going to get to the point where players will stay down, sit out a couple games and give the offender a 10 game suspension.

I respect your opinion, I just don't see the avoidance you claim.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

apparently Mr. Buttman has reduced the suspension by four games.

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Gary Bettman has cut four games off the 25-game suspension given to Raffi Torres during the playoffs.

The reduced sentence from the commissioner came after the Phoenix Coyotes forward appealled Brendan Shanahan's original decision.

Torres served 13 games of the ban during the playoffs and will have to sit out the coming pre-season as well as eight games in the regular season.

As a result, he'll forfeit US$170,731.68 in salary.

The suspension was handed out April 21 after Torres left Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa with a concussion following a high, hard hit.

source: nhl.com

how did i know Father Gary would get involved with this ....

No explanation as to why he reduced it? I don't like this, Shanahan's job is to handle discipline and now 2 months later Buttman decides to change it? I don't care if he is comissioner, if Shanny can give explanations for his suspensions the he should too.

No explanation as to why he reduced it? I don't like this, Shanahan's job is to handle discipline and now 2 months later Buttman decides to change it? I don't care if he is comissioner, if Shanny can give explanations for his suspensions the he should too.

Raffi appealed it, that's why it was reduced. In all of the major sports, appeals go through the commissioner and commissioner only.

Any time a sentence is appealed, about 99% of the, get reduced.