• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Some says it's Babs fault - he got outcoached...
Some says it's Kenny fault - didn't build playoff team...

I'm going with Kenny - IMO it's more than obvious.

Discuss

Edited by Dominator2005, 21 April 2012 - 02:01 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating here:

Top 6 Forwards: (Bertuzzi left off because he failed to get a single point)
--Datsyuk: 5gp 1g 2a 3pts +0
--Zetterberg: 5gp 2g 1a 3pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)
--Hudler: 5gp 2g 0a 2pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)
--Holmstrom: 5gp 1g 1a 2pts +0
--Filppula: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Franzen: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -1
Notes: Emmerton and Nyquist were tied for first in +/- with +1 (the only + players on the team)

Top 6 Defence:
--Kronwall: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Quincey: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Stuart: 5gp 0g 1a 1pts -5
--White: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -2
--Lidstrom: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts +0
--Ericsson: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts -1

Those numbers right there tell you exactly why the Wings lost. Datsyuk was shut down by Suter (impressively so-- if anyone made a great impression on the Wings management you can bet it was Suter) Lidstrom didn't create offence and our top two lines were ineffective.

The best thing the Wings can possibly do is add Suter and Parise in the off-season.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Rinne, Bounces, The Inherently Chaotic Nature of Ice Hockey.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating here:

Top 6 Forwards: (Bertuzzi left off because he failed to get a single point)
--Datsyuk: 5gp 1g 2a 3pts +0
--Zetterberg: 5gp 2g 1a 3pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)
--Hudler: 5gp 2g 0a 2pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)
--Holmstrom: 5gp 1g 1a 2pts +0
--Filppula: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Franzen: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -1
Notes: Emmerton and Nyquist were tied for first in +/- with +1 (the only + players on the team)

Top 6 Defence:
--Kronwall: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Quincey: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2
--Stuart: 5gp 0g 1a 1pts -5
--White: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -2
--Lidstrom: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts +0
--Ericsson: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts -1

Those numbers right there tell you exactly why the Wings lost. Datsyuk was shut down by Suter (impressively so-- if anyone made a great impression on the Wings management you can bet it was Suter) Lidstrom didn't create offence and our top two lines were ineffective.

The best thing the Wings can possibly do is add Suter and Parise in the off-season.

I agree with... Holland will need to sign Suter and Gaustad from Nashville just like when he went after Babs when Ducks eliminated Wings...

Parise at this point is a MUST for Kenny. I don't think that Q trade was a good one, he's nothing more than a 5th DEF.

Edited by Dominator2005, 21 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Rinne, Bounces, The Inherently Chaotic Nature of Ice Hockey.

I have always defined hockey as a series of mass chaos and physicality interrupted by moments of incredibly talented display.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#6 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Holland: Didn't do enough at the deadline. The, "I like our team" schtick got us this year.

The whole team seemed to lack enthusiasm, and couldn't fight through adversity. They didn't want to have to work for it. Especially...

Franzen: Watched him float around aimlessly, and cherry pick the blue line for six months, expecting him to go Hulk mode in Playoffs. Didn't happen.

Not gonna blame Babs, he didn't have the personnel to compete, and has hinted at this throughout the series, and even around the trade deadline.

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Of the 2 - definately Holland. Hasn't acted upon the lessons of the SJ losses, and hasn't listened to what his coach wants. And I consider that the job of any good GM, to acquire the kind of players the coach he has hired wants (within reason of course).
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Of the 2 - definately Holland. Hasn't acted upon the lessons of the SJ losses, and hasn't listened to what his coach wants. And I consider that the job of any good GM, to acquire the kind of players the coach he has hired wants (within reason of course).

What are you talking about? He signed Commodore! :hehe:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#9 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I can't imagine that Babs and Holland didn't talk about the lack of anything that would make the team successful. I can only think that Holland failed to do anything on his own, and is thus the cause of this years epic collapse.

That and the lifetime deal for Franzen really hosed the Wings.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#10 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Holland, he had capspace, sh!t trades.

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

If we've learned anything in life, it's that assigning blame after the fact is always productive.

Holland, he had capspace, sh!t trades.

The fact that there were very few sellers, all of whom were asking exorbitant prices, is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

#12 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

More than two people were responsible for our season ending short. Babs didn't utilize what little he had to his best advantage, Holland hasn't done much to improve the team the last few seasons, and the players themselves woefully underperformed, save a couple people.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#13 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

If we've learned anything in life, it's that assigning blame after the fact is always productive.

The fact that there were very few sellers, all of whom were asking exorbitant prices, is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

This is a good point. It's not always easy to rip off a 6 million dollar player from another squad. Especially when they're about to COMPETE for the Stanley Cup.

My problem isn't that Holland didn't get Suter or Parise at the deadline. My problem is that Holland will still not recognize the need to replace all his old/useless guys (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Stuart, Hudler) by the time next season starts. He's already "locked up" (Jesus Christ) Todd Bertuzzi for another two years. Not only does he not bring any other value than the spin-o-rama move in the playoffs that gets him in the sportscenter top ten (which is useless in the playoffs), he is a NEGATIVE value because he keeps Tatar or other minor league guys from developing. Holmstrom is 3 years past his usefulness. Hudler is sorry, and only scores if he plays with Zetterberg or Datsyuk - which you could say about any human being with 2 legs and 2 arms (YES, I could put up 40 points playing 80 games with Zetterberg). And Stuart is just plain bad. He doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing out there. If the Wings are going to get better, they've got to start by trimming the fat. Then they can look to replace the void with some muscle.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

So why did Holland re-sign Bertuzzi for another 2 years?

Guy is only going to get worse at everything. And he's too lazy to be an effective checker if (hopefully) that's where he'll be playing next season.

Just a bizarre move.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

1. If we've learned anything in life, it's that posting on an internet message board is always productive.
2. It's ok to be critical of the Detroit Red Wings. You seem pretty good at being critical of people, so, hey, why not give it a shot.
  • Nev likes this

Don't Toews me, bro!

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I blame our loss on Dabura's return to LGW.

:P
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

But the teams that got some of those players are going to go farther in the playoffs than we have... I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't win the cup being beaten in the first round.

#18 SoDakWing

SoDakWing

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

add the selection "The Preds" thats whose to blame. they beat us. they out played us. end of story.

#19 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I liked that I got negged for saying that the blame shouldn't be dumped on just one person, that everyone involved played a part in us getting bounced out in the first round. I wasn't aware that was verboten around these parts.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#20 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I blame the guys on the ice in red and white.