• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Who do you blame for this unsuccessfully playoff run

Rate this topic

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating here:

Top 6 Forwards: (Bertuzzi left off because he failed to get a single point)

--Datsyuk: 5gp 1g 2a 3pts +0

--Zetterberg: 5gp 2g 1a 3pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)

--Hudler: 5gp 2g 0a 2pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)

--Holmstrom: 5gp 1g 1a 2pts +0

--Filppula: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Franzen: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -1

Notes: Emmerton and Nyquist were tied for first in +/- with +1 (the only + players on the team)

Top 6 Defence:

--Kronwall: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Quincey: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Stuart: 5gp 0g 1a 1pts -5

--White: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -2

--Lidstrom: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts +0

--Ericsson: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts -1

Those numbers right there tell you exactly why the Wings lost. Datsyuk was shut down by Suter (impressively so-- if anyone made a great impression on the Wings management you can bet it was Suter) Lidstrom didn't create offence and our top two lines were ineffective.

The best thing the Wings can possibly do is add Suter and Parise in the off-season.

I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating here:

Top 6 Forwards: (Bertuzzi left off because he failed to get a single point)

--Datsyuk: 5gp 1g 2a 3pts +0

--Zetterberg: 5gp 2g 1a 3pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)

--Hudler: 5gp 2g 0a 2pts -3 (tied 1st in team scoring)

--Holmstrom: 5gp 1g 1a 2pts +0

--Filppula: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Franzen: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -1

Notes: Emmerton and Nyquist were tied for first in +/- with +1 (the only + players on the team)

Top 6 Defence:

--Kronwall: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Quincey: 5gp 0g 2a 2pts -2

--Stuart: 5gp 0g 1a 1pts -5

--White: 5gp 1g 0a 1pts -2

--Lidstrom: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts +0

--Ericsson: 5gp 0g 0a 0pts -1

Those numbers right there tell you exactly why the Wings lost. Datsyuk was shut down by Suter (impressively so-- if anyone made a great impression on the Wings management you can bet it was Suter) Lidstrom didn't create offence and our top two lines were ineffective.

The best thing the Wings can possibly do is add Suter and Parise in the off-season.

I agree with... Holland will need to sign Suter and Gaustad from Nashville just like when he went after Babs when Ducks eliminated Wings...

Parise at this point is a MUST for Kenny. I don't think that Q trade was a good one, he's nothing more than a 5th DEF.

Edited by Dominator2005

Holland: Didn't do enough at the deadline. The, "I like our team" schtick got us this year.

The whole team seemed to lack enthusiasm, and couldn't fight through adversity. They didn't want to have to work for it. Especially...

Franzen: Watched him float around aimlessly, and cherry pick the blue line for six months, expecting him to go Hulk mode in Playoffs. Didn't happen.

Not gonna blame Babs, he didn't have the personnel to compete, and has hinted at this throughout the series, and even around the trade deadline.

Of the 2 - definately Holland. Hasn't acted upon the lessons of the SJ losses, and hasn't listened to what his coach wants. And I consider that the job of any good GM, to acquire the kind of players the coach he has hired wants (within reason of course).

Of the 2 - definately Holland. Hasn't acted upon the lessons of the SJ losses, and hasn't listened to what his coach wants. And I consider that the job of any good GM, to acquire the kind of players the coach he has hired wants (within reason of course).

What are you talking about? He signed Commodore! :hehe:

esteef

I can't imagine that Babs and Holland didn't talk about the lack of anything that would make the team successful. I can only think that Holland failed to do anything on his own, and is thus the cause of this years epic collapse.

That and the lifetime deal for Franzen really hosed the Wings.

Guest Crymson

If we've learned anything in life, it's that assigning blame after the fact is always productive.

Holland, he had capspace, sh!t trades.

The fact that there were very few sellers, all of whom were asking exorbitant prices, is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

More than two people were responsible for our season ending short. Babs didn't utilize what little he had to his best advantage, Holland hasn't done much to improve the team the last few seasons, and the players themselves woefully underperformed, save a couple people.

Guest The Axe

If we've learned anything in life, it's that assigning blame after the fact is always productive.

The fact that there were very few sellers, all of whom were asking exorbitant prices, is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

This is a good point. It's not always easy to rip off a 6 million dollar player from another squad. Especially when they're about to COMPETE for the Stanley Cup.

My problem isn't that Holland didn't get Suter or Parise at the deadline. My problem is that Holland will still not recognize the need to replace all his old/useless guys (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Stuart, Hudler) by the time next season starts. He's already "locked up" (Jesus Christ) Todd Bertuzzi for another two years. Not only does he not bring any other value than the spin-o-rama move in the playoffs that gets him in the sportscenter top ten (which is useless in the playoffs), he is a NEGATIVE value because he keeps Tatar or other minor league guys from developing. Holmstrom is 3 years past his usefulness. Hudler is sorry, and only scores if he plays with Zetterberg or Datsyuk - which you could say about any human being with 2 legs and 2 arms (YES, I could put up 40 points playing 80 games with Zetterberg). And Stuart is just plain bad. He doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing out there. If the Wings are going to get better, they've got to start by trimming the fat. Then they can look to replace the void with some muscle.

1. If we've learned anything in life, it's that posting on an internet message board is always productive.

2. It's ok to be critical of the Detroit Red Wings. You seem pretty good at being critical of people, so, hey, why not give it a shot.

But the teams that got some of those players are going to go farther in the playoffs than we have... I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can't win the cup being beaten in the first round.

I liked that I got negged for saying that the blame shouldn't be dumped on just one person, that everyone involved played a part in us getting bounced out in the first round. I wasn't aware that was verboten around these parts.

I liked that I got negged for saying that the blame shouldn't be dumped on just one person, that everyone involved played a part in us getting bounced out in the first round. I wasn't aware that was verboten around these parts.

How many times are you going to complain about getting negged?

As someone who has been here since the rep system was put in place, you should know how meaningless it is.

Guest Crymson

How many times are you going to complain about getting negged?

As someone who has been here since the rep system was put in place, you should know how meaningless it is.

No kidding. I wish they'd just get rid of it again so that people would stop getting bent out of shape about it.

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

add the selection "The Preds" thats whose to blame. they beat us. they out played us. end of story.

This is the best post on this thread. We all know that the Wings lacked depth in the top six, we all know that the bottom six (because of injuries) wasn't too good. We all would have liked to see some moves at the deadline, but obviously the market was total s***. But at the end of the day we got beat by a really good hockey team with an unbelievable goaltender. Did we underperform? Sure. Would the addition of a Guastad, Moen, or Ruutu have been any sort of a guarantee against a real good Nashville team? Nope. Here's to retooling and coming out strong next season, and here's to the Tigers, who seem to have no problem landing the big fish (Fielder) and the little fish (Fister) needed to make a run. I STILL ******* LOVE DETROIT SPORTS!