• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Who do you blame for this unsuccessfully playoff run

Rate this topic

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like I said he killed in the faceoff dot, averaged over 12 minutes a game and he had as many goals as our coveted expensive floater Franzen, which is big considering all the games were 1 goal games except one. And he's just a grinder. All that for a draft pick. It's not that he's a superstar, it's that he's the type of guy the Wings needed, but we all know how Kenny loves to dodge the tougher players. He damn sure could've made the difference, but we'll never know.

esteef

agreed. every time gaustad took a face-off he looked so comfortable, dug in, and won the draw. he has the versatility and comfort to change his stick over to win the draw with the advantage of a righty. does the right things, I don't think I saw him make a bad decision all series.

I voted Kenny. He should have done more. A lot of people saw this coming.

I remember babcock saying some teams do not want to trade to Detroit . Is it because we do not offer anything good in return to get good players? or our prospects are not good enough? Or did Kenny burn bridges with other team front offices

I voted Kenny. He should have done more. A lot of people saw this coming.

I remember babcock saying some teams do not want to trade to Detroit . Is it because we do not offer anything good in return to get good players? or our prospects are not good enough? Or did Kenny burn bridges with other team front offices

just some stigma around the league that we don't deserve to get better. but now that we go out early its not like we are 1 player away from a stanley cup, i think that teams will be a little more willing if a good deal is on the table.

In a way I can't blame him. The Trade Deadline was right after the home win streak ended and guys had a lot of chemistry and our only problem was losing Datsyuk for a bit because of his surgery. A lot of people were dreaming of a President's Trophy and a deep run, some were worried we weren't complete enough. Nobody saw it being as bad as it was.

Still, he has work to do otherwise standing pat at the deadline was a waste

As many times as I damn well want. Just like I'll complain about the weather if I want to, or the fact Old Navy didn't have the flip-flops I wanted in my size when I went shopping today. If you don't like what I have to say, you can either scroll pasts my posts, or put me on ignore. I won't give a f*** either way.

:lol:

Take a chill pill.

Like I said he killed in the faceoff dot, averaged over 12 minutes a game and he had as many goals as our coveted expensive floater Franzen, which is big considering all the games were 1 goal games except one. And he's just a grinder. All that for a draft pick. It's not that he's a superstar, it's that he's the type of guy the Wings needed, but we all know how Kenny loves to dodge the tougher players. He damn sure could've made the difference, but we'll never know.

esteef

Was Detroit really hurting at the dot up until the trade deadline?

Edited by Doc Holliday

More than two people were responsible for our season ending short. Babs didn't utilize what little he had to his best advantage, Holland hasn't done much to improve the team the last few seasons, and the players themselves woefully underperformed, save a couple people.

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner. Well said.

I think you're missing my point. It has made less and less difference as parity in the league has increased, as there have been progressively less and less teams out of playoff contention at the deadline. The number of sellers this season was absurdly low, and thus so were the number of players available, and thus so were the number of trades made. Virtually nothing of significance was achieved this season at the deadline.

But thanks for your obnoxious reply. It adds to the discussion.

I do agree here - the time to stock up on players is in the offseason - it's too much of a crapshoot and too costly at the trade deadline.

This!

Adding players in the offseason doesn't affect team chemistry.

:lol: You should send that to Kenny so he can use it for the next three years. Bringing in 1 or 2 players doesn't suddenly blow up your entire team chemistry. Case in point Nashville. Kostitsyn and Radulov's lines looked great all series long and I don't remember seeing Gaustad look out of place. Besides, what chemistry did Detroit have? Babs spent the entire series changing lines to try and find something that worked.

esteef

Maybe I'm completely crazy but I don't blame either one. Kenny Holland didn't go out and spend because he's waiting to spend for this upcoming season. I think he did what he did this past season hoping that it would be enough. There are a lot more prime UFA's now and I'm sure he doesn't want to just get one good player. We need a defenseman (ala Suter) and "sniper" (ala Parise) and hopefully someone like Prust. Those guys don't come cheap and we're not the only ones with a lot of cap space.