• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I do agree here - the time to stock up on players is in the offseason - it's too much of a crapshoot and too costly at the trade deadline.

This!

Adding players in the offseason doesn't affect team chemistry.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#62 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

This!

Adding players in the offseason doesn't affect team chemistry.

:lol: You should send that to Kenny so he can use it for the next three years. Bringing in 1 or 2 players doesn't suddenly blow up your entire team chemistry. Case in point Nashville. Kostitsyn and Radulov's lines looked great all series long and I don't remember seeing Gaustad look out of place. Besides, what chemistry did Detroit have? Babs spent the entire series changing lines to try and find something that worked.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#63 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Maybe I'm completely crazy but I don't blame either one. Kenny Holland didn't go out and spend because he's waiting to spend for this upcoming season. I think he did what he did this past season hoping that it would be enough. There are a lot more prime UFA's now and I'm sure he doesn't want to just get one good player. We need a defenseman (ala Suter) and "sniper" (ala Parise) and hopefully someone like Prust. Those guys don't come cheap and we're not the only ones with a lot of cap space.