• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cali-Wing-Nut

BYE BYE GUPPIES!

Rate this topic

This year was a weird one. I figured the Wings were gonna fizzle out soon. That left me with rooting AGAINST teams. Since I hate SJ more than I want us to win, tonight was a wonderful evening.

I got to watch the Guppies tank for 22 years in a row.

If you live in my area and follow hockey you have to hear about the Sharks. I hate the Sharks and the sooner they were gone the happier I am.

Well Im pretty damn happy.

DIE GUPPIES!!!!!!

No need for such stuff. We are in a quite similar situation except we have some semi-reliable prospects while they do have a GM who is not afraid of trading underperforming "stars" and some scrubs for some competent players. Thornton, Boyle, Burns, Heatley, Havlat, etc. We were good because of luck getting Dats and Zetter so low at the draft while they were good because of trading. That's huge advantage. At the end they ran into young hungry team just like we did.

And who are you to proclaim this? I'll gloat about other teams being eliminated as much as I please.

I'm the guy on the internet with an opinion.

Anyone who says "Haha, the Sharks got eliminated. They suck." on a Red Wings fan board at this point in time doesn't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling out other teams and their lack of skill.

yeah, going by his logic would mean that we shouldn't have been happy about any team being eliminated since '08.

No, we shouldn't be celebrating any team being eliminated unless the Wings eliminate them. And when the Wings are eliminated, we shouldn't be talking smack about other teams that lasted longer than the Wings did.

And all a Sharks fan has to do is come in and remind you that the Sharks have knocked the Wings out the two seasons prior to this year. The Sharks are actually closer to being an elite team again than the Wings are right now.

Thats a very arbitrary remark. I look at it no different than Bab's assessment: Two teams who lost a series 4-1 and are out of the playoffs in the first round. Neither team should be considered an "elite" playoff team. Their stars didnt play any better than our stars. Their bottom 2 lines played like ours. I dont see to much difference between them.

Guest Crymson

Anyone who says "Haha, the Sharks got eliminated. They suck." on a Red Wings fan board at this point in time doesn't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling out other teams and their lack of skill.

Your point might make sense if we were the guys out on the ice. But we aren't.

No, we shouldn't be celebrating any team being eliminated unless the Wings eliminate them.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

And when the Wings are eliminated, we shouldn't be talking smack about other teams that lasted longer than the Wings did.

This doesn't make sense either. On a side note, saying that the Sharks lasted longer in the playoffs than the Wings is silly; they were in the playoffs one night longer because their series opened one night later.

Who cares if people are glad that the Sharks lost? I hate the Sharks, I don't respect the way they play hockey and yes I have sour grapes about the last two years.

I would rather celebrate them going home early then deal with the potential of watching those douches skate around the Shark Tank with the Cup.

Misery loves company.

There are some very masochistic people in here,,, Why cant I be happy that the team I hate most lost?

I even said that I wanted them to lose more than I wanted us to win. They have a streak rivaled by few in the NHL and I am pleased to see them extend it as long as possible. Wings_Dynasty thats for you. I think we have 6 legs to stand on compared to the Sharks in the Cant make it to the Cup record.

Ill be happy when Vancouver, Pitt and Chicago are out as well. I will say the same things about these teams as well and feel no need at all to check myself because our team choked it all to hell too.

I refuse to beat myself up, hang my head low and concede that I gotta keep my mouth shut about other teams. By that thinking if Im happy with the winner of the cup this year and say BYE BYE to the loser, I gotta stay quiet because they went farther than we did :rolleyes:

So Ill stick to it and once again say SUCK IT GUPPIES

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

I was definetly glad to see the Sharks get knocked out in the 1st round this season too. After losing to them two years in a row in the 2nd round it was somewhat gratifying to see them not go any further than us. It doesn't take away the pain of the Wings being out but it eases it a little bit.

I even said that I wanted them to lose more than I wanted us to win.

You hate another team more than you LIKE the Wings? I find that a little strange. Sure, I root pretty hard against some teams and take great pleasure seeing them lose (Vancouver), but the satisfaction I get from a hated team losing is far outweighed by the joy I get when the Wings win.

To each their own I guess, but don't ever try and argue that you are a bigger Wings fan than the majority of people here.

You hate another team more than you LIKE the Wings? I find that a little strange. Sure, I root pretty hard against some teams and take great pleasure seeing them lose (Vancouver), but the satisfaction I get from a hated team losing is far outweighed by the joy I get when the Wings win.

To each their own I guess, but don't ever try and argue that you are a bigger Wings fan than the majority of people here.

I see what your saying but Im also sure you havent had the pleasure of being assaulted in SJ. Padre has decided not to go to anymore games there because hes too old to deal with brawls.

Being heckled for having a Redwings sticker on my truck in traffic, being told I suck when I am at the store wearing a Wings T shirt or my hat.. Yeah I am way happier to see those people all broken up their team lost.

Im secure enough in my allegiance to the team that I feel comfortable saying that. Its like a guy wearing pink. I wont but some guys are secure enough in their sexuality that they can do it without feeling ***.

I also dont need to prove myself to anyone so whats the deal? You a super better fan than me? Ok fine you are. Ill still root for the Wings. Hell, I chose the colors of my business logo because Im a wings fan and drive a red truck for the same reason. Im not insecure in the least and dont need your approval either.

I also dont need to prove myself to anyone so whats the deal? You a super better fan than me? Ok fine you are. Ill still root for the Wings. Hell, I chose the colors of my business logo because Im a wings fan and drive a red truck for the same reason. Im not insecure in the least and dont need your approval either.

Didn't mean to work you up, bud. I was just saying most die-hard fans find more pleasure in cheering their own team than wasting a lot of energy cheering even harder for someone to lose. You're an exception, I guess. I should have said something like, 'saying that you cheer harder for another team to lose rather than wanting to see the Wings victorious won't win you any #1 fan contests'. I realize that came across like a threat, didn't mean for it to be that way

Didn't mean to work you up, bud. I was just saying most die-hard fans find more pleasure in cheering their own team than wasting a lot of energy cheering even harder for someone to lose. You're an exception, I guess. I should have said something like, 'saying that you cheer harder for another team to lose rather than wanting to see the Wings victorious won't win you any #1 fan contests'. I realize that came across like a threat, didn't mean for it to be that way

Truthfully, if it wasnt for where I live Id be just like you. Ive had beer thrown at me, food tossed at my dad and have been in two post game altercations AFTER WE LOST at the Choke Tank. We sit on the home side to watch 2 periods of shots on San Jose so maybe we are picking bad seats but Ive never been to a more unwelcoming building. For what its worth thats fine. they love their team but I find more pleasure thinking of those piece of s*** fans and that sinking feeling of loss more than the pleasure of us winning.

Ive watched our team win A LOT. They havent seen it at all so I see it as some type of passive aggressive revenge on those assholes.

Im sure there are a few people in Vancouver that get that same treatment being Kawks fans, being a Flyer fan in the Pit ect. Its personal to me and I hope most dont have to deal with such classy fans.

I didnt take your post as some personal attack on me, I just didnt like being questioned for my loyalty like that, if it was a question of my loyalty at all.

Anyone not a Preds or Blues fan has ZERO room to gloat about teams being eliminated right now.

[/quot

This mean that until the wings play again this fall, I can't root for or against any team if I'm watching a game, sorry, I'll do what I want.

Truthfully, if it wasnt for where I live Id be just like you. Ive had beer thrown at me, food tossed at my dad and have been in two post game altercations AFTER WE LOST at the Choke Tank. We sit on the home side to watch 2 periods of shots on San Jose so maybe we are picking bad seats but Ive never been to a more unwelcoming building. For what its worth thats fine. they love their team but I find more pleasure thinking of those piece of s*** fans and that sinking feeling of loss more than the pleasure of us winning.

Ive watched our team win A LOT. They havent seen it at all so I see it as some type of passive aggressive revenge on those assholes.

Im sure there are a few people in Vancouver that get that same treatment being Kawks fans, being a Flyer fan in the Pit ect. Its personal to me and I hope most dont have to deal with such classy fans.

I didnt take your post as some personal attack on me, I just didnt like being questioned for my loyalty like that, if it was a question of my loyalty at all.

I went to Stanford. Caught a few Sharks games while I was there. Lived among The Enemy, learned its ways, enjoyed its women.

They seemed alright to me. Actually, I had some good times at those games. But then, I'm 6'4 and I know how to handle myself, and I've been told I can look really pissy.

I guess what I'm saying is - next time you catch s***, you should kick their asses. If you have to do it with a stick or maybe some sort of large, blunt object, then you have to do it with a stick or maybe of some sort of large, blunt object. Whatever gets the job done.

Edited by Dabura

I went to Stanford. Caught a few Sharks games while I was there. Lived among The Enemy, learned its ways, enjoyed its women.

They seemed alright to me. Actually, I had some good times at those games. But then, I'm 6'4 and I know how to handle myself, and I've been told I can look really pissy.

I guess what I'm saying is - next time you catch s***, you should kick their asses. If you have to do it with a stick or maybe some sort of large, blunt object, then you have to do it with a stick or maybe of some sort of large, blunt object. Whatever gets the job done.

Im 6'6" and 220, I can definitely hold my own. I make the way out there with my 63 yr old dad and we have had to handle s*** TWICE in the parking lot across from the train station. Both times the Wings lost and we are walking back to the truck surrounded be screaming Guppie fans. First time a guy did the shoulder bump from behind into my pops and that guy got a broken nose only for us to have to deal with 4 other guys and everyone bloody. Second time we had three guys yelling in our faces and we told them to get the f*** out of our way and the mouthiest one said, "Or what"? That again ended in a full on fist fight and that ******* will not forget it since he lost a tooth in the scrum. I am thankful for the police because at Game 1 of the playoffs last year we were cornered by probably 7 guys and the cops saved us. I think we would have been kicked to death against them.

We went to one more this year and after that Padre decided that its best we dont go to the games because we are a target and hes getting too old. If my brother wasnt a baby maker and broke we'd be fine at games but as a twosome thats outmatched, we dont go anymore.

Ive only been there and Phoenix for Wings games. The Coyotes fans are damn cool and never said a damn thing, win or lose. Id love to spend a week in Detroit for a homestand and so my dad could see his childhood home but its just too expensive to do that trip.

Maybe you guys can take up a collection so my pops can go see Highland Park again, as bad as it probably is.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut