• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Sharks and Pens BOTH out of the mix? Schadenfreude is at an all-time high, my friends.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#22 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Didn't mean to work you up, bud. I was just saying most die-hard fans find more pleasure in cheering their own team than wasting a lot of energy cheering even harder for someone to lose. You're an exception, I guess. I should have said something like, 'saying that you cheer harder for another team to lose rather than wanting to see the Wings victorious won't win you any #1 fan contests'. I realize that came across like a threat, didn't mean for it to be that way

Truthfully, if it wasnt for where I live Id be just like you. Ive had beer thrown at me, food tossed at my dad and have been in two post game altercations AFTER WE LOST at the Choke Tank. We sit on the home side to watch 2 periods of shots on San Jose so maybe we are picking bad seats but Ive never been to a more unwelcoming building. For what its worth thats fine. they love their team but I find more pleasure thinking of those piece of s*** fans and that sinking feeling of loss more than the pleasure of us winning.

Ive watched our team win A LOT. They havent seen it at all so I see it as some type of passive aggressive revenge on those assholes.

Im sure there are a few people in Vancouver that get that same treatment being Kawks fans, being a Flyer fan in the Pit ect. Its personal to me and I hope most dont have to deal with such classy fans.

I didnt take your post as some personal attack on me, I just didnt like being questioned for my loyalty like that, if it was a question of my loyalty at all.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#23 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

[quote name='Wings_Dynasty' timestamp='1335079313' post='2295592']
Anyone not a Preds or Blues fan has ZERO room to gloat about teams being eliminated right now.
[/quot

This mean that until the wings play again this fall, I can't root for or against any team if I'm watching a game, sorry, I'll do what I want.

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Truthfully, if it wasnt for where I live Id be just like you. Ive had beer thrown at me, food tossed at my dad and have been in two post game altercations AFTER WE LOST at the Choke Tank. We sit on the home side to watch 2 periods of shots on San Jose so maybe we are picking bad seats but Ive never been to a more unwelcoming building. For what its worth thats fine. they love their team but I find more pleasure thinking of those piece of s*** fans and that sinking feeling of loss more than the pleasure of us winning.

Ive watched our team win A LOT. They havent seen it at all so I see it as some type of passive aggressive revenge on those assholes.

Im sure there are a few people in Vancouver that get that same treatment being Kawks fans, being a Flyer fan in the Pit ect. Its personal to me and I hope most dont have to deal with such classy fans.

I didnt take your post as some personal attack on me, I just didnt like being questioned for my loyalty like that, if it was a question of my loyalty at all.

I went to Stanford. Caught a few Sharks games while I was there. Lived among The Enemy, learned its ways, enjoyed its women.

They seemed alright to me. Actually, I had some good times at those games. But then, I'm 6'4 and I know how to handle myself, and I've been told I can look really pissy.

I guess what I'm saying is - next time you catch s***, you should kick their asses. If you have to do it with a stick or maybe some sort of large, blunt object, then you have to do it with a stick or maybe of some sort of large, blunt object. Whatever gets the job done.

Edited by Dabura, 22 April 2012 - 08:57 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I went to Stanford. Caught a few Sharks games while I was there. Lived among The Enemy, learned its ways, enjoyed its women.

They seemed alright to me. Actually, I had some good times at those games. But then, I'm 6'4 and I know how to handle myself, and I've been told I can look really pissy.

I guess what I'm saying is - next time you catch s***, you should kick their asses. If you have to do it with a stick or maybe some sort of large, blunt object, then you have to do it with a stick or maybe of some sort of large, blunt object. Whatever gets the job done.

Im 6'6" and 220, I can definitely hold my own. I make the way out there with my 63 yr old dad and we have had to handle s*** TWICE in the parking lot across from the train station. Both times the Wings lost and we are walking back to the truck surrounded be screaming Guppie fans. First time a guy did the shoulder bump from behind into my pops and that guy got a broken nose only for us to have to deal with 4 other guys and everyone bloody. Second time we had three guys yelling in our faces and we told them to get the f*** out of our way and the mouthiest one said, "Or what"? That again ended in a full on fist fight and that ******* will not forget it since he lost a tooth in the scrum. I am thankful for the police because at Game 1 of the playoffs last year we were cornered by probably 7 guys and the cops saved us. I think we would have been kicked to death against them.

We went to one more this year and after that Padre decided that its best we dont go to the games because we are a target and hes getting too old. If my brother wasnt a baby maker and broke we'd be fine at games but as a twosome thats outmatched, we dont go anymore.

Ive only been there and Phoenix for Wings games. The Coyotes fans are damn cool and never said a damn thing, win or lose. Id love to spend a week in Detroit for a homestand and so my dad could see his childhood home but its just too expensive to do that trip.

Maybe you guys can take up a collection so my pops can go see Highland Park again, as bad as it probably is.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 22 April 2012 - 09:29 PM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#26 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

And now with the Canucks out of the mix, the only team remaining from last years' Conference Finals is Boston (heading to Game 7).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

I'd root for the Pens before I rooted for them

Now what? they're waddling their way down the fairway this morning.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#28 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I see what your saying but Im also sure you havent had the pleasure of being assaulted in SJ.

Late to the thread, sorry, but I did want to say that's the lone reason I hate the Stars more than any other team in the NHL. That was quite a few years ago, and it happened to a family member, not me, but I never let it go. Every time the Stars die the death I dance on their grave. Have to confess that seeing Vancouver out early was a little Schadenfreude for me, but only because of the riots.

Seeing San Jose and Detroit (my two personal favs, sorry) both peeping over the fence from the outside? That was two rugs yanked out from under me, and I don't know why but that actually struck me as funny! So many fans talking about whether those two would face each other in the playoffs this year, and then BAM! Both out. Seeing Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver and San Jose all early dust in the first round made it the strangest playoff season yet for me. Wonder what shakeups are on the horizon all around...

#29 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I can talk about any motherf****** team I want to and no one is going to stop me.

f*** San jose,f*** the blues f*** L.A f*** ever other team thats left..f*** the teams that are not. What ya gonna do? They all suck. And guess what. Wings still rock.
I'm so sick of people on this board trying to tell others how they suck as fans and how they should be acting. Don't have a leg to stand on? I have 2 im standing on just fine. I think some of you on here need a good swift kick to the balls sometimes. hahahah some of you kill me.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 23 April 2012 - 01:13 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY