• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Worst Summer Headline

Rate this topic

Worst Summer Headline  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easily the Hudler one.

Lidstrom will eventually retire. If not this season, than next.

Lilja I would welcome of course. Guy won us the Cup with his manhood.

Wouldn't want Vancouver to win, but I expected that this season.

Holland's statement wouldn't surprise me. It's what we've come to expect from him.

I'm tired of hearing "core group". Ever since the cap, we've held on to this no matter what. Time to not sit pat just signing our own UFA's. Get some chlorine in the gene pool. We excel at scouting talent deep in the draft, but I'm not very impressed with our deadline or UFA pickups since the cap.

I picked re-signing only our UFAs. Blues winning Cup would be worse to me

I remember hating the bloos so much during the chris schlonger years but I've always been a Hitchcock fan. Living in Columbus now, I wan't Hitch to win every game except when playing the Wings. This organization down here has no idea whatsoever how to run a team. Go Hitch, show these morons what douchebags they are.

Lidstrom wouldn't terrify me cause it's bound to happen any time soon. We've been expecting that news for a good 2 years now.

Hudler would be terrible, would destroy any hope for next season as well.

Lilja ... could care less IMO, he would be a 6th - 7th at most.

Vancouver winning cup ... Why not? Rather them then seeing Nashville or Blues or Pens winning it.

Kenny's comments about only our FA's ... well it's a cap era so for the past years we've seen him trying to keep the same core / essentials player but unfortunately this year is the year to brake the bank open ... quality FA's are available in there prime but please Kenny don't pull a Franzen - Zetts type of career deal.

I voted signing our FA's, because it seems pretty obvious this team is missing something at this point.

Bringing in Lilja for Smith is the second worst possibility. Not because i have anything against Lilja, but because it would mean giving up Smith to get him.

Lids leaving and the Canucks winning, I could deal with, as I've half expected both for the past couple years.

Finally, Hudler getting a huge raise could be disastrous, like everyone else has said, but it also means he might have enough money to take some skating lessons in the offseason. Also, maybe getting outpaid by hudler will piss off the mule and actually make him play night in night out.

I'm glad I didn't see Pittsburgh winning the Cup in there. That would have been my vote. My choice though, goes to Nick retiring. I have a feeling it's going to happen, but that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it when it does. Same as when Steve retired. You knew it was coming, you tried to brace yourself for it, but it still was a gut-punch anyway. This team, and its fans, are not prepared for the post-Lidstrom apocalypse.

I picked the Canucks winning the Cup, just because I only like one Canadian team and Vancouver ain't it and I just don't want to see any Canadian team win another Cup for a long time. If Holland is dumb enough to believe that we only need OUR FA's signed than he needs to be out. Which I personally think that Holland needs to go anyway. He's built some great teams in the past but that was the past and he's starting to favor our long-time guys as apposed to getting some new blood in the line-up. Wings need changes and I hope Holland has the brains and the balls to realize it and do something about it this off-season.

It would have been a really bad summer if I read "crosby wins another cup and Conn Symth" other than that, I voted Holland makes no new signings this year

Crybaby never won a Conn Smyth. I don't even think he won the Stanley Cup, he was just part of the team that did.

Edited by rrasco