• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

2013 Calder Trophy

Rate this topic

With all the topics about free agent signings and bringing in new talent, there's 2 gems the Wings already have in their system that could heavily compliment guys like Parise and maybe Suter coming in. Gustav Nyquist and Brendan Smith, both top 6/4 in their respective positions. How nice would it be to see Gus play in the top 6 and Smith play with Kronner next season and see 2 Wings compete for the Calder Trophy next season?

Just thought I'd bring a little positive reinforcement into a time when we're all feeling pretty crappy about only seeing 1 on the playoff wins this year. Some could even add Tatar into the mix, but i see the other 2 as a level higher than Tatar.

Thoughts?

Actually since this is the worst team ever, we just need to have all rookies next season with a few young guys

Nyquist-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen

Tatar-Andersson-Jurco

Mursak-Sheahan-Callahan

Tvrdon-Emmerton-Parkes

Smith-Ouellet

Lashoff-Sproul

Jensen-Almqvist

Mrazek

McCollum

Just give us the Cup now

(Big thanks to Red Wings Central)

Actually since this is the worst team ever, we just need to have all rookies next season with a few young guys

Nyquist-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen

Tatar-Andersson-Jurco

Mursak-Sheahan-Callahan

Tvrdon-Emmerton-Parkes

Smith-Ouellet

Lashoff-Sproul

Jensen-Almqvist

Mrazek

McCollum

Just give us the Cup now

(Big thanks to Red Wings Central)

:rotflmao:

that actually looks like an interesting team. i think there's a few current Wings players that we should still keep though.

Neither,

They will be kept in GR for more "seasoning" so Kenny can sign some 35+ guys.

That's one of the reasons the wings are always the oldest team in the league. Their young guys are never under 25 years old

However...

As long as Kenny let's Quincey go, smith will be in the lineup

If Smith is here next year he better play better than he did after he was sent back down to GR... He had a huge chip on his shoulder, and he didnt use it as motivation, he went the opposite way and played uninspired, mistake filled hockey. I truly think he will be a top 4, but he needs to grow up real fast...

If Smith is here next year he better play better than he did after he was sent back down to GR... He had a huge chip on his shoulder, and he didnt use it as motivation, he went the opposite way and played uninspired, mistake filled hockey. I truly think he will be a top 4, but he needs to grow up real fast...

Smith played great for the Wings when he was up so hopefully we see more of that. Gus had what?...7 points in his first 9 games before he got plugged into the 4th line and couldn't get a bounce and didn't play with much skill for the rest of his time. We'll see next year if he's properly used by Babcock cause he's got tons of potential and is ready for the top 6 now.

Smith played great for the Wings when he was up so hopefully we see more of that. Gus had what?...7 points in his first 9 games before he got plugged into the 4th line and couldn't get a bounce and didn't play with much skill for the rest of his time. We'll see next year if he's properly used by Babcock cause he's got tons of potential and is ready for the top 6 now.

I don't know about Nyquist. He's talented, but I just don't see that "star" spark in him. I could be wrong, though, and I hope I am.

As long as Kenny let's Quincey go, smith will be in the lineup

Honestly, I know Quincey had a rough time adjusting to the system and turned the puck over a lot but I would rather see the Wings move White (instead of Quincey). I know White is a right handed shooting RD but I see more upside in Quincey and I think White is now overrated on these boards because of the first half of this season. White played so well in the first half that people didn't seem to notice his massive fall off in play. He turns the puck over, over commits against the rush (he was the problem in that horrible goal in Game 4), and offensively he is really streaky with trying the same shots from the top of the point all the time (and they get blocked a lot).

Overall I liked White this year but Quincey is bigger, about as good a skater, has more offensive potential and (to me) has a higher ceiling.

I don't know about Nyquist. He's talented, but I just don't see that "star" spark in him. I could be wrong, though, and I hope I am.

That star spark was definitely there for the first 9-10 games where he got his 7 pts until Babcock went Leino on his ass and plugged him on the 4th line for the rest of the games with Emmerton and Homer. He's more suited playing with higher talent like Dats and Z.