• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

We Need to Get Tougher to Play Against

Rate this topic

I would love Mitchell on our D, I was asking for him last time he was UFA...although, if the Kings wrap it up, I have a feeling they will be keeping (if they can) as many players as they can to try to get back again in 2013...

People neg'd me when I suggested Stuart for Mitchell trade at the deadline(when it became obvious Stuie won't resign here).

The Wings will be tougher to play against with Mitchell instead of Quincey for sure :hehe:

Step 1) Sign/trade for Bobby Ryan and Colton Orr

Step 2) Do a Vulcan Mind Meld

Step 3) Put Colton Ryan in as a goal-scoring forward to do our fighting.

Step 4) Get Bobby Orr out there to play defense.

That mixed colton ryan is named corey perry or milan lucic.

Spend Mr.I's cash on 2 top and 2 role players that "fit" our system is more realistic than go hard core,leave the system we've been playing for 20 years and change the half of a roster just to be like the recent cup winning teams in one off-season.

One enforcer and a guy like Prust won't change our style of hockey.

If you go back as far as the late 90's in your definition of "our system", then you have to admit we had an even tougher lineup than what an enforcer and Prust would provide.

Remind me how much Eric Boulton is helping the Devils in the finals or how much Kyle Clifford has made the Kings win the cup. Goons are for teams that can't fill the stands unless they can play.

I'd take Clarkson for sure from the Devils, but its more because he is a net crasher... all of the things in the world we need, the last is toughness the way this list defines it.

I just don't see the point. When you don't have much money, and the cash needs to go to better players.

I will take an enforcer, if we have all the issues with the team solved. We don't.

Clifford missed much of the playoffs after getting hit from behind in game 1 against Vancouver and got another concussion. And though he will fight, I wouldn't call him a goon or enforcer really.

He's not sent out there just to go with someone. He's a crasher and banger and can score the occasional goal. Honestly fighting may be his downfall. The kid has already been concussed several times in his young career. And he fights wide open, throwing haymakers but leaving himself vulnerable to being caught with one too.

He's 21 years old with two seasons under his belt. Right now he's just not that solid defensively on an extremely sound defensive team. That more than anything is why he's not in the lineup right now. But assuming he doesn't get his brains scrambled from a hit or fight, he could develop into a good third and fourth line guy.

The thing is, the Kings have a very good third and fourth line. And while size isn't everything, I think Detroit is relatively undersized so it would be nice to add some of it to the lineup. And more than that, they need the bottom couple lines to have a purpose and identity out there. This season it was often just a patchwork of leftover players who don't fit together very well.

And how does every thread about getting tougher turn into an enforcer debate?

Getting tougher does not equal getting a guy who hops over the boards, fights, sits in the box for 5 minutes, then goes back to the bench. A lot of valid suggestions get clouded because the conversation inevitably veers towards fighting.

What about Brian Boyle? I you just let me fantasise. Boyle did pretty well in the playoffs, he is big and heavy as h*ll.

He already know Prust, and a 4th line with Prust-Boyle-Abby would sound pretty good to me.

Is it just me or would it be good?

Finally good to see that management is seeing this too. Many of us have been advocating this for a couple offseason now.

I am not implying that I know more than management, they have probably noticed this over the last few years as well. Hence the drafting of more NA players in the draft recently. I'm just glad they are finally coming out and saying that they need to get bigger.

Finally good to see that management is seeing this too. Many of us have been advocating this for a couple offseason now.

I am not implying that I know more than management, they have probably noticed this over the last few years as well. Hence the drafting of more NA players in the draft recently. I'm just glad they are finally coming out and saying that they need to get bigger.

Agreed. I'm sure management knew it, but maybe didn't compensate for it as quickly as they could have.

The Wings used to get around their lack of size through skill and puck possession. But the last couple seasons they haven't had the level of talent necessary to play the skill game at as high of a level, but they lacked the size and system to play other ways. So they sometimes were in no mans land.

Finally the management gets it its a relief seeing Nil and especially Holland stating, what we as fans have been saying for years now. My ideal bottom 6 forward would be a guy like Bolland. I am glad, we do have cap space signing guys like Scott, Prust, Konopka and maybe Macintyre (doubt Pitts trades with us though), would easily make us one of the toughest teams in the league. Mess with Zetterberg? Good luck next shift against Scott :pokey:

I know its just a dream but think about that off season:

skill: Parise and/or Suter:

toughness: Konopka, Prust, Scottt and Macintyre

2 big problems fixed in one season now thats a retool!

Nil saying that this draft isn't as strong as they hoped means, we can take some risks and draft physical guys who may or may not pan out.

Rangers don't expect to re-sign Prust, but it sounds like he's looking for about $2 mil per season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/bran_done_c3VSZ0OD0cxUEv1vIHoAoI

The bottom 6 needs some identity. Prust is the guy we're looking for. I guess he was offered $1.8 mil by Sather, but wants $2.2 mil.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

The bottom 6 needs some identity. Prust is the guy we're looking for. I guess he was offered $1.8 mil by Sather, but wants $2.2 mil.

2.2 seems like a steal considering Gaustad signed for a million more than that. And I think Prust would be more beneficial to the lineup.

2.2 seems like a steal considering Gaustad signed for a million more than that. And I think Prust would be more beneficial to the lineup.

Agreed. Prust definitely has more to offer. Considering the inflated market, or whatever you wanna call it, I think 2.2-2.5/year for Prust is a steal. No way Gaustad is worth north of 3 mil/year.