93 replies to this topic

#21 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Good list.

Prust is by far and away that should be looked at. Hes a fast skater, good hitter and has some skill as well as some good fists. He is exactly the type of fighter the wings need to look into getting.

Gaustad is a good PKer, face off guy as well as tough. Number 2 on my list

Moen and Tootoo are also very good players for their toughness as well. People on here obviously hate Tootoo but he toned it down this year and put up a lot of points for a guy who can hit like that and scrap too. I think he would have a Chelios effect, hated until he gets here.

I like Glass as well, thats about all I'm interested in from those UFAs.

RFA list has some interesting names. A very sick pickup would be Ryan White from Montreal to play the fourth line center spot. Hes a but better at actual defensive hockey then Emmerton, still very young and is one of the scrappier more physical up and coming guys in the league. Hes a very good 4th line C option

I've also always liked the idea of Boll. He doesnt score but he is a very good skater/forechecker for an enforcer type. He isnt a big goon who cant skate, hes like a fire cracker wizzing around out there hitting everything.

The best guy on that whole list would be Matt Martin. Hes exactly what the wings need and is only going to get better. He grew up a wings fan as well. NYI wont let him go however. Shane Doan isnt on the list but would be nice to have in the top 6 and provide that physical presence.

I just dont want to see the usual toughness added. A Downey or Brad May type who is well over the hill and hasone season left in him. Picking up Prust would solve the toughness issue for the next 10 years

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Good list.

Prust is by far and away that should be looked at. Hes a fast skater, good hitter and has some skill as well as some good fists. He is exactly the type of fighter the wings need to look into getting.

Gaustad is a good PKer, face off guy as well as tough. Number 2 on my list

Moen and Tootoo are also very good players for their toughness as well. People on here obviously hate Tootoo but he toned it down this year and put up a lot of points for a guy who can hit like that and scrap too. I think he would have a Chelios effect, hated until he gets here.

I like Glass as well, thats about all I'm interested in from those UFAs.

RFA list has some interesting names. A very sick pickup would be Ryan White from Montreal to play the fourth line center spot. Hes a but better at actual defensive hockey then Emmerton, still very young and is one of the scrappier more physical up and coming guys in the league. Hes a very good 4th line C option

I've also always liked the idea of Boll. He doesnt score but he is a very good skater/forechecker for an enforcer type. He isnt a big goon who cant skate, hes like a fire cracker wizzing around out there hitting everything.

The best guy on that whole list would be Matt Martin. Hes exactly what the wings need and is only going to get better. He grew up a wings fan as well. NYI wont let him go however. Shane Doan isnt on the list but would be nice to have in the top 6 and provide that physical presence.

I just dont want to see the usual toughness added. A Downey or Brad May type who is well over the hill and hasone season left in him. Picking up Prust would solve the toughness issue for the next 10 years

I'd rank them Prust, Tootoo, Moen, Gaustad, and Glass. Boll would be excellent, but he wouldn't be free. If Dorsett is only a little more (through a trade vs. paying for Boll via RFA), I would prefer him.

Prust has had a great past two years and he would fit in well with the Wings fourth line. Tootoo, while unpopular here, has shown that he can do everything expected from a 4th-liner, with the exception of being a great PK'er.

#23 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Prust-----Konopka-----Eaves

:)

#24 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Not sure what the whole big deal about Prust is, he's ok I guess but he's pretty much a worse version of Abdelkader in everything that has to do with the game of hockey.

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

I would have babies with any of the guys the OP listed. :D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Not sure what the whole big deal about Prust is, he's ok I guess but he's pretty much a worse version of Abdelkader in everything that has to do with the game of hockey.

He's a better hitter, fighter, better defensively and he's scored more points in a single season then Abdelkader has. He's a better hockey player then Abby, and there's a reason he's out late in games for New York because as a 4th line "goon" as most people would like to call him, Torts trusts him. And if Torts trusts him, then so would Babs. Plus, I'd rather have Abby AND Prust on the same line, then comparing them.

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ill be so pissed if we dont see moen or prust or both next season.

I have a feeling well see moen though

#28 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ill take all of them except moen.

i want guys putting up 20 fighting majors. this team is soft as baby s***.

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ill be so pissed if we dont see moen or prust or both next season.

I have a feeling well see moen though

Prust and Gaustad are likely to be re-signed by their current teams.

Tootoo will likely be a free agent though.

#30 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

He's a better hitter, fighter, better defensively and he's scored more points in a single season then Abdelkader has. He's a better hockey player then Abby, and there's a reason he's out late in games for New York because as a 4th line "goon" as most people would like to call him, Torts trusts him. And if Torts trusts him, then so would Babs. Plus, I'd rather have Abby AND Prust on the same line, then comparing them.

Agreed, I'm more or less trying to defend Abdelkader, I've been reading for a while all these people that want him gone, and then someone like Prust gets brought up and everyone explodes in their pants. Abdelkader uses his body just as well as Prust, has improved steadily offensively every year, and plays just as much PK time as Prust along with being on the ice for 13 less PK goals.

I would like to see them both out their, replacing Emmerton with Prust would really help the bottom six.

#31 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Prust-----Konopka-----Eaves

:)

where do I sign? Make it happen Kenny

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#32 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I've read a few times that Gaustad's contract asking price is going to be in the $4 million/year range. No thanks.

#33 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Agreed, I'm more or less trying to defend Abdelkader, I've been reading for a while all these people that want him gone, and then someone like Prust gets brought up and everyone explodes in their pants. Abdelkader uses his body just as well as Prust, has improved steadily offensively every year, and plays just as much PK time as Prust along with being on the ice for 13 less PK goals.

I would like to see them both out their, replacing Emmerton with Prust would really help the bottom six.

Prust is exactly what Abdelkader needs. Abdelkader is forced to be the toughest guy on the wings and isnt really great for that role. Hes a physical, agitator, middleweight type that if riding shotgun with someone like Prust could really go wild out there. With Prust to back him up, Abdelkader could run around and do his thing while still having a player that can play some decent hockey with him.

People on here always ***** and moan about how useless tough players are and that the wings dont need them, but I know for damn sure that a fourth line of Abdelkader, Konopka and Prust would be better than this years fourth line. That line would have an actual identity, 2 guys who will fight just about anyone and another who is a solid middle weight scrapper so they could all run around and crush guys as much as they wantand very few teams in the league could have an answer for that line.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'll continue to keep the original list updated as guys re-sign with teams.

-Derek Dorsett recently re-signed with Columbus for 3 years.
-Derek MacKenzie re-signed with Columbus for 2 years.
-Clayton Stoner re-signed with Minnesota.
-Jamal Mayers re-signed with Chicago.

Just something else to discuss while we speculate about Lidstrom :(

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 30 May 2012 - 05:14 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

He forgot steve macintyre. I'd love to see DIESEL in a Red Wings uni.

I would sell my mother to the Arabs to see that happen.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

The only person I want to see from that original list is Bryan Allen as a replacement for Stuart.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#37 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

While I am hesitant to admit it, Tootoo would be a great fit with the Wings. He will likely come cheap, can fight, can hit, and had 30 points this season. He would also be able to mentor Callahan, as they are both smaller fighters.

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'd still say no thanks to Tootoo.

Not just because of all his cheapshots and antics. He's still just too much of a liability in his own end.

#39 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Prust please :thumbup:

Unrealistically i'd love Cal Clutterbuck and Chris Neil on this team.

It would be hard to get Clutterbuck from Minnesota.

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I just hope we don't sign any useless 4th liners than Eric Nystrom.

Emmerton and Abdelkader are so much better than him. :rolleyes: