• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

2011-12 Wings Eulogy

Rate this topic

The joke about Howe and the veiled joke about Vladdy are classless. I know it's a "roast" but at the expense of former players battling dementia and permanent paralysis it's not particularly funny. There's a whole team of players that could have been better utilized for hilarity's sake... Oh wait, that would have required better writers.

Guest Crymson

Same tired jokes, different season.

No originality when it comes to bashing Detroit.

Ryan Lambert wrote it last year. He's a consummate Wings-hater. He took it so far that he was almost uniformly bashed by everyone who read the article, including those who hated the Wings.

Edit: This one isn't as bad, but it's getting ripped apart in the comments as well; the most popular (most thumbs up) criticisms are coming from fans of the Blues.

Edited by Crymson

Got half way through, didn't laugh once. It IS possible to make fun of the Wings and be hilarious about it, I've seen it done, but unfortunately the authors of this gem failed quite miserably.

Better luck next time, I guess.

Got half way through, didn't laugh once. It IS possible to make fun of the Wings and be hilarious about it, I've seen it done, but unfortunately the authors of this gem failed quite miserably.

Better luck next time, I guess.

that's my problem with most of them. I guess its hard for them to write anything that's entertaining which is probably why they are sports writers to begin with. sports writes itself.

Going after Gordie and Vladdy is totally uncalled for. You're supposed to make fun of the current Wings when you do these eulogies.

I like how oblivious these two morons are. They make fun of the fact that we didn't have any 30-goal scorers and that we 'only' had 4 guys with 20+ goals. Meanwhile, the Blues had two guys with 20+ goals, their leader being Backes with 24.

The Howe joke was uncalled for. It's sad to see that people can't take the stride of their team winning with class like most Red Wings fans can and have done for the past 21 years. With that being said....

I'm a Blues fan. However, I wouldn't rub anything in the Red Wings face, until we have as many Stanley Cups as they have. And since the Blues have never won the cup, that will probably never happen.....

That is one of the comments from the bottom and it has to be the best one on there. I would have read the article, but the 11 stanley cup banners hanging up in the Joe muffled the sound to a dull roar. A dull roar, that's all the Blues fans bring to the table when it comes to championship talk.

This is my favorite sentence.

And I'm sure that with all the low draft picks Ken Holland has had to work with the last 10 years, more superstars of your caliber are only a few years away to take your place.

Same tired jokes, different season.

No originality when it comes to bashing Detroit.

Amen!! When are they gonna come up with something new that there may actuall be some truth too. It was a tough season now doubt but with the right moves in the Off-Season the Wings can rebound and become a better Contender next season.