• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Nyquist, Mursak and Smith are on the team for sure next season. What about Tatar? Does he spend another season in Grand Rapids?
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#2 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I voted Yes please thank you very much

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

With the Goose and Mursak in the line-up, a couple of guys would have to be moved to make room for Tatar, no?

A) Without any signings/trades, assuming Hudler and Homer don't return:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bert
Filpulla - Z - Nyquist
Abdlekader - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Emmerton - Eaves
Mursak

B) With signings or trades. Which I think we all agree is needed.

Franzen - Datsyuk - UFA
Filpulla - Z - Nyquist
Abdlekader - Helm - Cleary
Miller - UFA - Eaves
Mursak/Emmerton

So, I'd say no, either way. But I expect him to get lot's of call-up time when the guys, inevitably, start dropping like flies.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Nope, he'll be a call up....hes got a little ways to go before he plays for this team full time....plus hes got Gus and Mursak in front of him. He'll prolly be fighting for time with Andersson.

#5 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I voted no. Even if the Wings make very few moves this summer the status quo is not lose players who dont have any more options (Andersson) in favour of a player with options (Tatar). That being said, I'm not even entirely sold on Mursak/Emmerton being on the starting roster.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#6 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think he should be given the opportunity the be a third line winger. The Wings haven't had a scoring third line in a few years, and he would fit that mold well. Assuming no signings, I'd like to see.

Flip- Dats- Bert
Nyquist- Z- Mule
Tatar- Abby- Cleary
Miller- Helm- Eaves
Mursak

I know a lot here see Helm as the third line center, but I think he and Miller are two-thirds of an excellent fourth line. I'd role those four lines every game in almost any situation. Thus, the fourth and third lines would hopefully see an equal amount of ice time.

To answer the pole, I think he should but I don't know if he will.

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

No. If he's on the roster full time next season it means we've not signed any FAs and are potentially going into rebuild mode.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

He's not ready.

#9 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

No. If he's on the roster full time next season it means we've not signed any FAs and are potentially going into rebuild mode.

^^^This

Just don't see room for him on the roster, especially if the Wings are active in the FA market like they should be.

#10 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Realistically, the Wings will try to make some big additions during free-agency to turn the downward slide of the team around, and there won't be room for Tatar full-time on the roster.

It all depends on who stays and who goes. I could see some guys being traded away, opening up room for Tatar as a 12th/13th forward.

But my answer is, like others, no. Callup, not full-time. But part of me wishes one of the youngsters, like Järnkrok or Tatar, would take a big step forward and play themselves onto the roster during training camp.

#11 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

i got a feeling that Jurco will be making it difficult for the Wings not to have him on the roster next camp.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#12 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'm undecided over Tatar but why is Mursak automatically making this team, what does he really bring that the Wings need? what am I missing? because if this season was any indication he seemed like a very underwhelming plugger

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I voted no. Even if the Wings make very few moves this summer the status quo is not lose players who dont have any more options (Andersson) in favour of a player with options (Tatar). That being said, I'm not even entirely sold on Mursak/Emmerton being on the starting roster.

I voted yes, but this post makes complete sense. I was hoping that Tatar would replace Hudler and Emmerton would be gone as well as Mursak possibly being moved or kept purely as a 13th depth fwd.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Parise?? Naaaa..
TatarSauce is going to be our offseason acquisition. :hehe:

#15 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm undecided over Tatar but why is Mursak automatically making this team, what does he really bring that the Wings need? what am I missing? because if this season was any indication he seemed like a very underwhelming plugger

A young very strong skating grinder with a high compete level. Ya theres no way this team needs that :blink: You do realize he was one of the best Wings in camp/preseason until he suffered the ankle injury against Chicago. He didnt look like he shook it the rest of the season but a full summer of healing and recovery should have him back to where he was.

#16 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

nope i say another year or 2

#17 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

i hope he can make an impression on the team in the preseason. he has played 3 full years in grand rapids now and i fear there isnt much left for him there to learn. additionally, i still think he has enough upside that he needs to continue to be able to develop.

i think the problem we have is we are afraid to lose any assets regardless of how minor they are. so what if we lose a guy like emmerton or andersson? we need to be willing to put non exempt guys on waivers if there are better options.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.