• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hatethedrake!

Does Tatar make this team next season?

Rate this topic

Does Tatar make this team next season?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Nyquist, Mursak and Smith are on the team for sure next season. What about Tatar? Does he spend another season in Grand Rapids?

With the Goose and Mursak in the line-up, a couple of guys would have to be moved to make room for Tatar, no?

A) Without any signings/trades, assuming Hudler and Homer don't return:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bert

Filpulla - Z - Nyquist

Abdlekader - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Emmerton - Eaves

Mursak

B) With signings or trades. Which I think we all agree is needed.

Franzen - Datsyuk - UFA

Filpulla - Z - Nyquist

Abdlekader - Helm - Cleary

Miller - UFA - Eaves

Mursak/Emmerton

So, I'd say no, either way. But I expect him to get lot's of call-up time when the guys, inevitably, start dropping like flies.

I voted no. Even if the Wings make very few moves this summer the status quo is not lose players who dont have any more options (Andersson) in favour of a player with options (Tatar). That being said, I'm not even entirely sold on Mursak/Emmerton being on the starting roster.

I think he should be given the opportunity the be a third line winger. The Wings haven't had a scoring third line in a few years, and he would fit that mold well. Assuming no signings, I'd like to see.

Flip- Dats- Bert

Nyquist- Z- Mule

Tatar- Abby- Cleary

Miller- Helm- Eaves

Mursak

I know a lot here see Helm as the third line center, but I think he and Miller are two-thirds of an excellent fourth line. I'd role those four lines every game in almost any situation. Thus, the fourth and third lines would hopefully see an equal amount of ice time.

To answer the pole, I think he should but I don't know if he will.

No. If he's on the roster full time next season it means we've not signed any FAs and are potentially going into rebuild mode.

^^^This

Just don't see room for him on the roster, especially if the Wings are active in the FA market like they should be.

Realistically, the Wings will try to make some big additions during free-agency to turn the downward slide of the team around, and there won't be room for Tatar full-time on the roster.

It all depends on who stays and who goes. I could see some guys being traded away, opening up room for Tatar as a 12th/13th forward.

But my answer is, like others, no. Callup, not full-time. But part of me wishes one of the youngsters, like Järnkrok or Tatar, would take a big step forward and play themselves onto the roster during training camp.

I'm undecided over Tatar but why is Mursak automatically making this team, what does he really bring that the Wings need? what am I missing? because if this season was any indication he seemed like a very underwhelming plugger

I voted no. Even if the Wings make very few moves this summer the status quo is not lose players who dont have any more options (Andersson) in favour of a player with options (Tatar). That being said, I'm not even entirely sold on Mursak/Emmerton being on the starting roster.

I voted yes, but this post makes complete sense. I was hoping that Tatar would replace Hudler and Emmerton would be gone as well as Mursak possibly being moved or kept purely as a 13th depth fwd.

I'm undecided over Tatar but why is Mursak automatically making this team, what does he really bring that the Wings need? what am I missing? because if this season was any indication he seemed like a very underwhelming plugger

A young very strong skating grinder with a high compete level. Ya theres no way this team needs that :blink: You do realize he was one of the best Wings in camp/preseason until he suffered the ankle injury against Chicago. He didnt look like he shook it the rest of the season but a full summer of healing and recovery should have him back to where he was.

i hope he can make an impression on the team in the preseason. he has played 3 full years in grand rapids now and i fear there isnt much left for him there to learn. additionally, i still think he has enough upside that he needs to continue to be able to develop.

i think the problem we have is we are afraid to lose any assets regardless of how minor they are. so what if we lose a guy like emmerton or andersson? we need to be willing to put non exempt guys on waivers if there are better options.