• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #2 St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

I don't know what to make of this series. I thought the Blues-Sharks series would be a grueling hard fought 6-7 game series but the Blues dismantled the Sharks. I say who ever wins this series will represent the west in the Stanley Cup Finals vs my Flyers :) I'll say this series goes to 6 or 7. For the Kings to win Quick will need to continue playing like he did in round one. Kings will need some of their goal scores to score more as well. Blues will need a solid all around play, and for their defensive game to continue to roll on all cylinders.

:thumbup:

I was gonna say winner is going to the cup finals, if LA gets over this hump and triumphs over St. Louis I think they are the favorite to win it all. Going to be a very interesting series.

Yeah, at the very least, this is pretty much the WCF.

Rarely does the #8 seed go anywhere after knocking off the #1 seed.

Since the current playoff format was adopted (and prior to this year), there have been ten #8 seeds that have knocked off a #1 seed

But only the 8th seeded Edmonton Oilers in 2006 & 8th seeded Montreal Canadians in 2010 made it out of the 2nd round...and neither played a #2 seed in the 2nd round.

So a #8 seed has never beaten a #1 & #2 seed in rounds 1 & 2.

I'm not saying LA can't do it...I'm just saying it's never been done before...so maybe there is a reason for that. Maybe a team letdown after the big upset or simply running out of magic...or whatever.

LA is going to be tough. Their performance against Vancouver is exactly why I was hoping to stay away from them in Rd. 1.

Quick is a shut down goalie, but I wouldn't say that LA has better goaltending, as others have mentioned here. Elliott has been better than Quick all year long and has the numbers to back it up...and he's going to start at least the first 2 games due to Halak' injury...and Halak may be the backup if/when he does return.

I think this will be a long and low scoring series. If LA had home ice, then I'd be a little more concerned about winning this series. But with all factors considered, including home ice advantage for St. Louis, I think the Blues can get it done in 7.

I don't see enough of either team to analyze this series on an educated level, so I'll just say that I am officially on the Kings bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs, which probably means they bite it this round, unfortunately.

I think the Blues have the best goalie tandem in the NHL hands down. With that said, LA did just knock off the Canucks and you also need to consider their deadline addition of Jeff Carter and what seed they would have taken if he played for them all season. For that reason I give LA a little more respect as the 8th seed because they did make an extremely significant addition late in the season.

In a series like this, there's going to be a ton of low scoring goalie battles. Quick, Elliot, and Halak (even though he's banged up) are ALL capable of stealing a game and a series, so i'm going to be watching this one closely.

Regardless it's cool to see both teams in the playoffs and wish the best, it's going to be one hell of a series.

Kings in 6. I've been really impressed with them they have a lot of fight in them. Different from any Kings team I've seen in years. Plus Quick is freaking amazing and becoming one of my faves. Also doesn't hurt that my best friend is a Kings fan. lol

Hope they destroy the Blues.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I've been really impressed with them they have a lot of fight in them.

They absolutely do. And I love it.

The Blues, on the other hand...well, it remains to be seen how much heart and soul they have. My guess is not quite as much (see, e.g., the lackluster finish to their regular season). I think that could very well be the deciding factor here. Who wants it more? (Official slogan of The Parity Era, I guess.)