• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #2 St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Hawks out, Canucks out, Penguins out, Preds and Blues both down 0-2. Were the Wings still playing, these playoffs would be perfect so far.

If the Wings were playing LA and Phoenix the way those two teams are playing the Wings would be getting their asses kicked. Our team was simply not meant to go far in the playoffs this year. I don't think it would be anywhere near perfect. ;)

But it certainly takes the sting off the Wings getting flouted if both Central division teams left eat s*** in the semis. :D

Edited by Shoreline

If the Wings were playing LA and Phoenix the way those two teams are playing the Wings would be getting their asses kicked. Our team was simply not meant to go far in the playoffs this year. I don't think it would be anywhere near perfect. ;)

But it certainly takes the sting off the Wings getting flouted if both Central division teams left eat s*** in the semis. :D

The way the Kings are playing definitely has me feeling better about our exit. Two reasons:

1) These Kings would've owned us.

2) I really like this Kings team and feel they deserve to win it. Moreover, should they win it, it'd prove there is indeed some justice in this league. The Kings are doing this thing the right way. They're playing hard every night, they're overcoming their weaknesses (e.g. problems scoring), and they're playing to their strengths without looking like a one-trick pony. They're hungry, and they play an aggressive game - but they're disciplined. They're playing solid hockey, keeping it simple. And they're an eighth seed! What's not to like (aside from them not being the Wings)?

Guest Shoreline

I'm really liking what the Kings have managed to do so far these playoffs.

I also see what Don Cherry complains about with refs in the faceoff circle.. just drop the god damn puck instead of faking players out and then throwing them out. Guy has some sort of megalomaniac issues or something where he has to be the most important person in the faceoff circle.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest irishock

Kings, Lakers and Clippers all looking to make a long playoff run.

Some serious scheduling conflict there, lol.

Unreal.. I love hockey for this reason. Team barely makes it into the playoffs and is coasting through the playoffs like they are the favorite.

I will say this may be a different series with a healthy Halak, he is the reason why I liked St. Louis so much to go far in the playoffs this year. I was never quite sold on Elliot but I knew what kind of damage Halak could do in the playoffs.

Love the way the Kings are playing. Can they go through the #1, #2, and #3 seeds to get to the Cup Final? I don't see any other team playing as comfortably as Los Angeles right now... everything just looks fluid. Even when Quick isn't totally on his game, everyone looks confident.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about watching the Kings play is when the piercing voice cues for the "GO, KINGS, GO" chant starts. It doesn't seem to matter what the volume level is at, that voice cuts like a dagger to the ear.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about watching the Kings play is when the piercing voice cues for the "GO, KINGS, GO" chant starts. It doesn't seem to matter what the volume level is at, that voice cuts like a dagger to the ear.

Oh GOD yes. It's Eric Cartman doing it isn't it? A South park voice over? Grating