• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#141 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Brown is diving all over the ice, worse than the sedins, dk how that is conn msythe worthy.

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#142 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Brown dives, but he hardly flops like the Sedins.

I hate when he flops, but I have no problem with him getting into it with a guy and getting knocked down with a crosscheck as he doesn't retaliate.

he has the most drawn penalties in the league. He has perfected the calculated "boarding" call draw. The guy is a scumbag, as much as I love hitters this guy isn't tough at all and he compromises the sport.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#143 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Not for the local networks it won't. Tv schedule priority as usual will go something like this:

Lakers, Clippers,...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................kings.

esteef

:lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#144 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

I like what I see from the Kings this playoff season.

Hot at the right time? Yes!
Good goaltending? Yes!
Healthy? Yes!
Getting some puck luck? Yes!

The Wings got NONE of these things in their series against Nashville.

Decent referees? Just kidding...

#145 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

he has the most drawn penalties in the league. He has perfected the calculated "boarding" call draw. The guy is a scumbag, as much as I love hitters this guy isn't tough at all and he compromises the sport.

I'm guessing you wanted Maltby out of the league for the way he compromised the sport too.

And how many Kings games have you watched this season?

That's the Sharks you're thinking of about perfecting the boarding call. Couture and a few other guys would get touched from behind and crumple into the boards as they throw their head back.

Like I said, he does flop and it's embarrassing and frustrating. But that's only a small part of his game. He's hardly like Kesler out there. More often he's like Maltby. Agitating guys and perfectly willing to take a punch in the face if he thinks it'll draw a penalty.

You're wrong if you think Brown's not tough at all. He's not really a fighter but unlike Kronwall he will drop the gloves if someone goes after him for a hit they don't like.

This playoffs he's been an absolute beast. He had two shorthanded goals in the same game against the Canucks. Was hitting everything on the ice. Crushed Henrik Sedin. Same way against the Blues. He's been a force out there. Killing penalties, plays the PP.

Love him or hate him, if the Kings go deep he's absolutely a Conn Smythe candidate.

#146 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#147 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Cartman doesn't really sound like that on the show. I guess that's what copyrighting does for ya?

#148 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

1-0 Kings already with Elliott blowing another 5 hole goal

Edited by pucktividi, 06 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#149 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

1-1 damn...Shattenkirk with a nice shot though

#150 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

2-1 LA... go Kings!! :cool:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#151 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Brown with a beauty shot!

esteef

#152 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Wow I can't believe the Blues may be swept. Did NOT expect this. Kings look like the real deal right now and Brown is being a fantastic leader.

#153 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Anyone see the intermission report? It showed Jordan Nolan's name at the bottom with his stats and then it showed Crosby's face like for Nolan. Hahahah. Just can't keep Crosby off of their minds.

#154 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm guessing you wanted Maltby out of the league for the way he compromised the sport too.

And how many Kings games have you watched this season?

That's the Sharks you're thinking of about perfecting the boarding call. Couture and a few other guys would get touched from behind and crumple into the boards as they throw their head back.

Like I said, he does flop and it's embarrassing and frustrating. But that's only a small part of his game. He's hardly like Kesler out there. More often he's like Maltby. Agitating guys and perfectly willing to take a punch in the face if he thinks it'll draw a penalty.

You're wrong if you think Brown's not tough at all. He's not really a fighter but unlike Kronwall he will drop the gloves if someone goes after him for a hit they don't like.

This playoffs he's been an absolute beast. He had two shorthanded goals in the same game against the Canucks. Was hitting everything on the ice. Crushed Henrik Sedin. Same way against the Blues. He's been a force out there. Killing penalties, plays the PP.

Love him or hate him, if the Kings go deep he's absolutely a Conn Smythe candidate.

I have watched plenty of kings games, Dustin Brown has been known as one of the top 3 worst divers for years now. Justin Williams is also awful. He drops the gloves every once in a while but then again do you think Matt Cooke is tough? I don't think you pay much attention to diving or toughness.

I am not doubting his play but a guy who is that much of an actor does not deserve a conn smythe. I don't see how quick wouldn't get it anyways.

edit: yes, I never condoned divers like Hudler, Maltby, Franzen ect...

Edited by jollymania, 06 May 2012 - 03:58 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#155 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Anyone see the intermission report? It showed Jordan Nolan's name at the bottom with his stats and then it showed Crosby's face like for Nolan. Hahahah. Just can't keep Crosby off of their minds.

Posted Image

:ph34r:

#156 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

puck daddy is onto this story

Sidney Crosby is back on NBC as Jordan Nolan

#157 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Flop!

esteef

#158 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

what do you think dustin penner new holmstrom next year?

brooms!

very impressed LA. taking out number 1 and 2 seed. WOW

Edited by brett, 06 May 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#159 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Welp, see ya later, St. Louis.

#160 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts