• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#201 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

The refs just refuse to call penalties against the Preds here in the 3rd.

Boils my f***in blood. The team that's down gets the help no matter if it's fair or not.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#202 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

preds aren't playing to win this series,now,i wish that they had lost to the wings

We wish they had, too. :P

Just kidding, kiddo. I know how you feel, when your team doesn't show up. They will do better at home, the series isn't over.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#203 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Up 2 games to 0. Let's go team Gary. #Miracle on Sand

#204 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Guys lets calm more down I see two possibilities

A. Preds thought they had it after beating us in only 5 games and underestimated Phönix
B. Phönix this year is just that much better than a stacked Predsteam

A wouldn't make us look bad but if B than everyone should see, that this team is not going in the right direction. We got embarrassed by a team which is now getting outmatched by Phönix after all thats pathetic for both franchises Preds + Wings but way more for us.

As a new member I think its cool to have a Predsfan here sharing his opinions with us sadly now you see how it feels if your team just doesn't show up, its just 2 games though if you win both at home its equal again.

goaltending: Rinne >>>>> Smith
defense: Weber & Suter >>>>> everything
offense: thats the only thing where Phönix should have the edge

I think you guys should try to McGrattan the next game though Weber isn't a ***** either so I simple cant understand why he didn't try to send a message this time? He is big strong like a gorilla just send a message and set the tone for game three. Not going to cheer for Bettmans team.

Edited by frankgrimes, 29 April 2012 - 10:04 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#205 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Wish the Wings had played like the 'Yotes, and the Preds had played like... well... the Preds :ph34r:

#206 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

I like Phoenix and I am so happy that they are doing so well. Hopefully if they continue to play well they will get more fans to come out and support the team and the franchise will continue to grow.

#207 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Don't agree. Al these guys used toplay with more aggression and smarts, especially using the middle of the ice more. As for passing too damn much, that's indeed been an ongoing problem.

Key words bolded. They don't anymore.

#208 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

#209 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

The Yotes are beating the Preds with their speed.....great speed on all 4 lines. Boedker is as fast as Helm. When you can roll 4 lines with speed you can activate the defense and because of the speed you don't have to worry about getting back on defense.... especially with Smith in goal. And everyone thought Nashville was fast. That just goes to show you how slow Detroit really is..... especially when the Yotes do it for 60 minutes.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#210 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgkCmVHyCs&feature=player_embedded

"Ehhh, I'm just gonna lay here..." :lol:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#211 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Of course Radulov s***s the bed after they beat us, whateva, keep it going Phoenix! Mike Smith is a gem.

#NOMOREKINDL

#212 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Of course Radulov s***s the bed after they beat us, whateva, keep it going Phoenix! Mike Smith is a gem.

Smith is definitely playing well but Tip's system is making him look even better. The 'yotes are extremely well coached.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#213 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Series dont mean a thing until both teams have played a game at home. As much as home ice doesn't seem to matter anymore its still up to the Preds to win their two games on home ice.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#214 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgkCmVHyCs&feature=player_embedded

That is priceless! :D So great to see Mr. All KHL, All World Everything sucking ass. Could tell in the Wings series he gets frustrated easily and has a tendency for the tantrum. Plays like a diva and upset he can't dominate the big boys league. He'll be back in the K next season. Adios.

#215 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

The Coyotes are doing something the Wings failed to do. Nashville is playing the same.

One Problem.

When we go to the net, it's one shot then Nashville gets Pekkerhead's awful rebounds and gets out of the zone.

When Phoenix goes to the net, they get one shot, then at least 1-2 other guys trailing in to get those rebounds. LOOK AT ALL THE REBOUNDS PEKKERHEAD'S BEEN GIVING UP.

Or since it's the south, maybe it should be PeKKKerhead.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#216 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Key words bolded. They don't anymore.

I'm assuming by your original post, since you singled out Holland, you think the onus is on him. I don't. I know this is a running topic in some of these threads and I have some thoughts on all that after reading most of the input. Yes, these guys used to play well, and not all that long ago. Even this year, after the big string of wins they inevitably went back to the same old s***, over and over and OVER. Not getting traffic at the net; passing incessantly in the offensive zone; keeping the puck to the edges and not fighting for the middle of the ice; not moving enough on power plays to open lanes...How is that kind of "teamwork" Holland's fault? I'm saying most of them still HAVE the talent. They haven't all lost it at once. Nobody pushed a button and all of a sudden they all got old and slow. So why do they keep doing the "insanity" thing? Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results? I say that's mainly on Babcock and the assistant coaches who either think they're doing the right things with their boyz, or they do not know how to reach the players to make them see how they're screwing up and how bad they really look. And how to make them a TEAM again. That to me is outrageous - that Babcock can't come up with a way to hold a mirror up to them to make them see how embarrassing their play became. Injuries can't explain most of what happened with the Wings.

Yeah, Holland could make changes. But there's no way in hell there can be dramatic changes. There's a whole lot of teams out there with lots of cap space and not that many good players coming up for grabs. Parity is now the name of the game and the Wings are going to be one of many players trying to bring on some players that can really help.

I think whether we like it or not, improvement is going to be slow in coming, unless Babcock and his boyz gain a new perspective. And right now I'm just trying to balance my perspective with remembrances of the Good Old Days, when the Detroit Red Wings pretty much had it all. I don't think it's gonna happen again in any team's lifetime for some time to come.

Edited by Vladifan, 29 April 2012 - 11:51 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#217 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

The Coyotes have been playing the center of offensive zone well. The Wings were unable to do so, for whatever reasons.

"Ehhh, I'm just gonna lay here..." :lol:

"Look at this effort! Outstanding! I'm amazed he can stay up this late at night."

Edited by Crymson, 29 April 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#218 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Or since it's the south, maybe it should be PeKKKerhead.

that's not very nice to say. Not everyone in the south is in the KKK. There are just as many racist people in the south as there is in Boston.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#219 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Watching these playoffs, we had quite easily the worst offense of any playoff team this year.

bringit.jpg

#220 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

I don't think it's a personnel problem as much as it is a strategic one. The Wings built up too slowly along the boards going through the neutral zone, allowing the Preds to set up an effective backcheck and choke them off at the line. This meant that they had to dump the puck in or risk giving up a turnover trying to lug it in under heavy pressure. Naturally, they chose to dump it just about always, and the time it took to recover gave Nashville ample opportunity to set up their tight defensive scheme. Once they wrested control of the puck, the Wings would then spend most of their time cycling it along the boards and the blueline before finding that the Preds were in most of the best shooting and passing lanes and that they'd be checked if they tried to push into the interior of the zone but would remain mostly untouched if they stayed in those areas. Because of this, attacking plays would usually end in shots from low-percentage that got blocked or smothered and passes that got knocked away or stripped. Nashville's discipline (and the predictability of the Wing's offense) meant that their defensive play hardly ever broke down, which is where the Wings scored most of their goals in the series regardless.

Phoenix, on the other hand, counter-attacks fast enough through the center of the neutral zone to be able to carry the puck in over the line instead of dumping it in (imo the most important factor in their success), and when they get into the offensive zone they do it with such speed that the Predators can't effectively set up their scheme and pressure out the guys who are trying to push deeper into the zone. The Coyotes crash the net almost as soon as the puck is in and make quick passes and shots to the front of the net, creating scrambles that give the Coyotes a pretty good chance of finding Rinne out of position and getting a goal while Nashville's defense is broken down. That's the kind of thing that the Red Wings almost never produced, and it's really the only way to defeat Nashville considering that their defense is pretty much designed to be an insurmountable object for slow, methodical defenses like ours. The same lesson applies to Phoenix when they attempt to set up in a similar fashion on the PP and end up being snuffed out immediately.

Edited by Kass, 30 April 2012 - 12:52 AM.