• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#4 Nashville Predators vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

Not sure how to interpret this series.

Is Pheonix that good? Or is Nashville that bad? Which would make Detroit that much worse? Of course it's always a combination of factors but one of them has a clear majority.

Nashville knew our game to a science and adapted to it, but tried that same plan against Phoenix. They chose to forget that Detroit was a severely flawed team and Phoenix plays a more crash and bang style which obliterates the "shell and transition" game Nashville implemented.

Funny story, I was at my cousin's last night and we put the game on. With 8 minutes left in the 2nd Period the TSN announcers said the shots were 12-7 for Phoenix. I said, "12-7 and the game is more than half over?" After that, we decided to watch a rerun of Undercover Boss he recorded on his PVR instead. :lol:

Edit: Take note NHL, two life long hockey fans decided to watch Undercover Boss instead of the 2nd round of the playoffs!

Edited by Barrie

I still am watching the playoffs and this series because I'd like to see Phoenix or LA as the ultimate cindarella story for the year....so crazy.

If the Kings make it to the finals I'll watch, because I actually know some players on that team and they're entertaining. The "star power" in the West just plain sucks!

Note: The East isn't that great either.

Edited by Barrie

Mike Smith is doing what the Red Wings could not - take out the Preds, crush their cup aspirations, hence eliminating the real only selling point the franchise had to play when it comes to signing their bigtime free agents this summer. Suter might not be a Red Wing next year, but I gurantee we wont have to play him 6 times a year next season because he wont be a Predator.

That said, Im on the LA bandwagon. Way too many likeable guys and a better mix of grit and top-end skill than Pheonix. LA vs Philly would be great for the "who won the trade?" drama also.

Mike Smith is doing what the Red Wings could not - take out the Preds, crush their cup aspirations, hence eliminating the real only selling point the franchise had to play when it comes to signing their bigtime free agents this summer. Suter might not be a Red Wing next year, but I gurantee we wont have to play him 6 times a year next season because he wont be a Predator.

That said, Im on the LA bandwagon. Way too many likeable guys and a better mix of grit and top-end skill than Pheonix. LA vs Philly would be great for the "who won the trade?" drama also.

I'm an Arizona Native but have never cared about the Coyotes or many of the arizona team. What Smith is doing is amazing. The few times I have watched the Coyotes over the years, they seem to lack team speed and even against Chicago they had problems clearing the puck and were outshot. The difference was the guy in the net hands down. They have a great coach too that not many people talk about. He has really helped the Coyotes organization even more than most realize. Weener Gretzky single handidly destroyed this Franchise and Tippet has helped rebuild it.

I'll always be a wings fan first and foremost bur for the rest of playoffs I'm hoping the team where I live wins. I'd like to see them beat the Flyers in the Finals! It would be cool seeing them beat their former goalie.