• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#241 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

So all the talk about how this was Nashville's year based on getting Radalov and Kostitsyn was just bs. After watching them beat our Wings, I felt like Nashville wasn't all that great. They beat us because of great goaltending and poor play by the Wings. Now it has caught up to them. I love it.

The same is happening to St. Louis. They were playing over their heads and now it has all come crashing down.

Balance has been restored to the force.
Do or do not. There is no try

#242 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Radulov and A. Kostitsyn out for game 3. Looks like they broke some team rules and aren't allowed to play.

http://sports.yahoo....BHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Nashville Predators GM David Poile announced on Tuesday afternoon that forward Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will not play in Game 3 of their Western Conference semifinal series against the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday night after a "violation of team rules" over the weekend.

From the Preds:

"The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things," Poile said. "We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates."

Per a source, Radulov and Kostitsyn engaged in some extra curricular activities on Saturday night that are generally frowned upon for the healthy and game-readiness for professional athletes. Let's call it a "curfew violation" until officially noted otherwise.

Posted Image

#243 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

So all the talk about how this was Nashville's year based on getting Radalov and Kostitsyn was just bs. After watching them beat our Wings, I felt like Nashville wasn't all that great. They beat us because of great goaltending and poor play by the Wings. Now it has caught up to them. I love it.

The same is happening to St. Louis. They were playing over their heads and now it has all come crashing down.

Balance has been restored to the force.

Does it change anything really? The Red Wings are still at home. Nashville may have been overhyped some, but what does it say then that the Red Wings won one lousy playoff game against them?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#244 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Do all nashville's goals come on wide open nets?!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#245 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

So an inbred catfish has 16 whiskers correct?

#246 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

nashville can only score on turnovers

#247 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

no series sweep for the coyotes,GEAUX PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#248 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Preds won't win the series anyways
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#249 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

Good game by Nashville, Rinne oustanding again if they win the next game we have a series.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#250 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

No Carrie Underwood? One cameraperson got the night off.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#251 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

How does someone bring in a live catfish? They have a fish tank with them or something :P
IPB Image

#252 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Catfish can live out of water for quite some time.

IMO it has seemed like all of Nashville's goals have come quite fluky. What was that, the 2nd time, Smith has played the puck and turned it over to only end up in the back of his net? Then the Preds' 2nd goal went off his stick as he tried to stop the pass. I'm not sure the Preds have got a 'real' goal. Of course they all count, but you know what I mean. I didn't get to watch the game but the highlights told a different story than the scoreboard did. I think PHX takes game 4.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#253 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

IMO it has seemed like all of Nashville's goals have come quite fluky. What was that, the 2nd time, Smith has played the puck and turned it over to only end up in the back of his net? Then the Preds' 2nd goal went off his stick as he tried to stop the pass. I'm not sure the Preds have got a 'real' goal. Of course they all count, but you know what I mean. I didn't get to watch the game but the highlights told a different story than the scoreboard did. I think PHX takes game 4.

Interesting, I didn't know that
IPB Image

#254 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

No Carrie Underwood? One cameraperson got the night off.

She will be preforming on american idol tonight,so she probaly was in La last night

#255 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Interesting, I didn't know that

I saw the video of one the preds ice girls picked up the catfish with her bare hands and it was still alive and one of refs picked a second catfish up and he used a towel

#256 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Definitely two fortunate bounces, but a goals a goal. Smith should get the assist on both of them though.

The second one was a really unfortunate bounce, but on the first, I don't know what he was thinking coming out to play the puck. He had a teammate right there to get it, and instead he whips it around the boards. Stupid, stupid play.

Good game by Nashville though to hold on to that lead. If they keep playing like that we may have a series.

#257 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

And that's what coach will be selling to the team. Plus they withstood quite a few pps without allowing a goal as well. They're fine.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#258 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Lets go Yotes!!!!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#259 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#260 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

preds on ice show before the game started,it is pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=fwiVa2YXZgc

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 03 May 2012 - 02:13 PM.