• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#281 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

Go Phoenix! I really like the coyotes and it would be great for their fans for the team to make it to the next round of the playoffs.

#282 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Not sure how to interpret this series.

Is Pheonix that good? Or is Nashville that bad? Which would make Detroit that much worse? Of course it's always a combination of factors but one of them has a clear majority.

#283 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Mind boggling, looks like LA vs. Pho for the Western Conference Finals. A 95pt team vs. 97 pt team. Who would have predicted that the finalists would come from the Pacific division?

#284 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Preds are f***ed.

#285 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

This series score is making me inordinately happy. :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#286 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Is it too late for Nashville to "air drop" more players in to try to buy the Cup? Yes? That's a shame.
Money well spent.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#287 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

YAWN. Is this series over yet?

#288 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Preds or Yotes does not make a diference. Ether one will be destroyed by Kings in next round.

#289 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

YAWN. Is this series over yet?

it will be on monday

#290 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Not sure how to interpret this series.

Is Pheonix that good? Or is Nashville that bad? Which would make Detroit that much worse? Of course it's always a combination of factors but one of them has a clear majority.

Nashville knew our game to a science and adapted to it, but tried that same plan against Phoenix. They chose to forget that Detroit was a severely flawed team and Phoenix plays a more crash and bang style which obliterates the "shell and transition" game Nashville implemented.

Posted Image

#291 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Funny story, I was at my cousin's last night and we put the game on. With 8 minutes left in the 2nd Period the TSN announcers said the shots were 12-7 for Phoenix. I said, "12-7 and the game is more than half over?" After that, we decided to watch a rerun of Undercover Boss he recorded on his PVR instead. :lol:

Edit: Take note NHL, two life long hockey fans decided to watch Undercover Boss instead of the 2nd round of the playoffs!

Edited by Barrie, 05 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#292 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

I still am watching the playoffs and this series because I'd like to see Phoenix or LA as the ultimate cindarella story for the year....so crazy.

#293 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

I still am watching the playoffs and this series because I'd like to see Phoenix or LA as the ultimate cindarella story for the year....so crazy.

If the Kings make it to the finals I'll watch, because I actually know some players on that team and they're entertaining. The "star power" in the West just plain sucks!

Note: The East isn't that great either.

Edited by Barrie, 05 May 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#294 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Didn't expect the series to be like this.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#295 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

LA is going to cakewalk through either of these teams.

bringit.jpg

#296 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Quick is easily the best goalie so far these playoffs.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#297 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

The Predators suck.

(Needed to be said.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#298 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

Mike Smith is doing what the Red Wings could not - take out the Preds, crush their cup aspirations, hence eliminating the real only selling point the franchise had to play when it comes to signing their bigtime free agents this summer. Suter might not be a Red Wing next year, but I gurantee we wont have to play him 6 times a year next season because he wont be a Predator.

That said, Im on the LA bandwagon. Way too many likeable guys and a better mix of grit and top-end skill than Pheonix. LA vs Philly would be great for the "who won the trade?" drama also.

#299 mru22

mru22

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Mike Smith is doing what the Red Wings could not - take out the Preds, crush their cup aspirations, hence eliminating the real only selling point the franchise had to play when it comes to signing their bigtime free agents this summer. Suter might not be a Red Wing next year, but I gurantee we wont have to play him 6 times a year next season because he wont be a Predator.

That said, Im on the LA bandwagon. Way too many likeable guys and a better mix of grit and top-end skill than Pheonix. LA vs Philly would be great for the "who won the trade?" drama also.

I'm an Arizona Native but have never cared about the Coyotes or many of the arizona team. What Smith is doing is amazing. The few times I have watched the Coyotes over the years, they seem to lack team speed and even against Chicago they had problems clearing the puck and were outshot. The difference was the guy in the net hands down. They have a great coach too that not many people talk about. He has really helped the Coyotes organization even more than most realize. Weener Gretzky single handidly destroyed this Franchise and Tippet has helped rebuild it.

I'll always be a wings fan first and foremost bur for the rest of playoffs I'm hoping the team where I live wins. I'd like to see them beat the Flyers in the Finals! It would be cool seeing them beat their former goalie.

#300 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

The "Booze Brothers" are back in, yes?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.