#NOMOREKINDL

#22 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Pulling for Phoenix, but I say the Preds take it in 6.

i will call this matchup the "Balsillie series",Since both teams were almost purchased by jim balsillie

#23 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,453 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

i will call this matchup the "Balsillie series",Since both teams were almost purchased by jim balsillie

Don't feel too special, he tried to buy the Bufallo Sabres, too. :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#24 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

not gonna watch this one. do not have favorites. do not think this will be hockey.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#25 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

I don't know much about ratings but if both goalies play to their potential than it should be a very low scoring series and good defensive battles. I'm pulling for the Yotes in 6 but I think it will be the Preds in 6. If Florida can win tonight we'll be one step closer to Dogs Vs Cats in the Stanley Cup Finals, LOL!!

This pretty much says it for me. I'd much rather the Coyotes take it, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I'll say Preds in 7. And, OH - how I hope I'm wrong. :puke:

I'm not sure why so many of you think this is going to be a dull series. I plan on watching as much of it as I can

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#26 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

The only number I care about with this series will be the Nielsen Ratings. This has disaster written all over it!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#27 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

This series is gross..

I won't be watching any of it, there's real matchups to be viewed.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure why so many of you think this is going to be a dull series. I plan on watching as much of it as I can

Both teams have a very defense-first oriented style. They pretty much sit back and wait for the other team to make mistakes and capitalize on them. Typically not much offensive pressure. Sure they will have offense here and there based on game momentum, but it's going to be primarily defense. It's probably going to be a game of "Let's see who makes a mistake dumping the puck in."

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#29 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Both teams have a very defense-first oriented style. They pretty much sit back and wait for the other team to make mistakes and capitalize on them. Typically not much offensive pressure. Sure they will have offense here and there based on game momentum, but it's going to be primarily defense. It's probably going to be a game of "Let's see who makes a mistake dumping the puck in."

Sounds like the 2003 Ducks and 2006 Oilers.

:zzz:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#30 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

the excitement in this series will probably be equivalent to the excitement of miracle whip vs no name brand mayonnaise

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

the excitement in this series will probably be equivalent to the excitement of miracle whip vs no name brand mayonnaise

So who's the mayonnaise?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#32 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

So who's the mayonnaise?

id say phoenix, because nashville still has its superstars in rinne, weber, suter, and radulov is a guy to watch

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

id say phoenix, because nashville still has its superstars in rinne, weber, suter, and radulov is a guy to watch

Not so fast...Mike Smith is really starting to make a name for himself.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

This series is a no-win situation for me. If you held a gun to my head, I'd have to hope for less failure for Phoenix, but if a weird equipment-eating virus struck and they were unable to play, I would be much happier.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Both teams will feature a player soon to be a Red Wing. lol... prob not.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Lets Go Coyotes

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

A little over 3 hours to go!

#38 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'll watch it here and there. Phoenix could give Nashville trouble. I'll be rooting for the dogs.

#39 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

#40 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Trying to decide if I want to get tickets last minute and go...not sure that it's worth the money since I don't really give a s*** but I'm having hockey withdrawals lol.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg