• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

w00p33

Only hypothetical, Quick/Rinne

Rate this topic

Okay first, I love Howard and I don't blame the series loss on him at all.. I want to stick with him and give him another shot. But just wondering if you could have someone else would you take Quick or Rinne? I know there are other great goalies out there (Vokoun, Brodeur, Lundqvist, Miller, etc.) but right now these are the two young guns that come to my mind. I'm just wondering if you had your pick which one would it be? Or would it be one of the older, more established guys out there? Quick seems to play a little like Legace, he gets so low to see the puck between the legs and Rinne does the opposite, he looks high over the shooter's shoulders then gets low to make the saves. Quick - a little more athletic, Rinne a bit more positional. I like Rinne's size but I like Quick's.. err quickness... heh... any thoughts?

For me, it would depend on the makeup of the rest of the team. If it was our current roster, I'd rather have the money spent on upgrading the D and getting a goal scorer rather than using the extra millions on goaltending (Rinne, I don't know what Quick makes). Howard was one of the top goalies in the league before his injury, and I think he'll be right there again next year. So I would choose to stand pat with Howie.

I'd take Howard over them.

Get Rinne out of Nashville and he could be a Bryzgalov.

Put Mike Smith on Phoenix and he's a Conn Smythe candidate all of a sudden

Brian Elliot was going team to team before Hitchcock and the Blues.

Goalies are so reliant on the team in front of them I find it funny when people actually think there is a definitive number one guy since Hasek.

Im taking Rinne and it's honestly because he's a damn beast at 6'5. Quick is awesome though and they are two of the top guys right now. I also believe Howard IS in the discussion with these guys, he didnt save the series which is his only faux pas imho. Prior to this Howard has matched up to these two very well, I look forward to a healthy Howard again. Sorry got off topic there, again I pick Pekka Rinne...

I love how when you mentioned that there were other good goalies you mentioned brodeur vokoun and miller. Instead of people like; elliott, halak, fleury, luongo, Schneider.

Maybe my taste in goalies is different than yours haha

Anyway, I would pick quick because I like him better. Rinne is just as good though

I love how when you mentioned that there were other good goalies you mentioned brodeur vokoun and miller. Instead of people like; elliott, halak, fleury, luongo, Schneider.

Maybe my taste in goalies is different than yours haha

Anyway, I would pick quick because I like him better. Rinne is just as good though

I mentioned those because they're more established not due to any preference...

This isn't so much about who's better, it's about who would you like to see? Selfishly I'd say Quick because he's more acrobatic and atheltic, if I were coming from a view of who's going to give more wins I'd give Rinne the (slight) edge. If this were a carte blanche who do you want as the best #1 I'd probably steal Henrik away from NY.

Rinne's been with the same coach his entire NHL career and that guy happens to be someone who consistently manages elite defensive systems. Quick's had a variety of coaches and been strong (overall) with all of them. It's hard to really know how Rinne would perform with a different system (that's my only reservation with him).