• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

2011-2012 Vezina nominees

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629565

Teams don't have success without high-quality goaltending, so it's no surprise the New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings and Nashville Predators have done so well this season.

The Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, the Kings' Jonathan Quick and the Predators' Pekka Rinne have been named finalists for this year's Vezina Trophy, awarded "to the goalkeeper adjudged to be the best at his position" as voted by the general managers of each of the 30 clubs.

The winner will be announced at the 2012 NHL Awards Show, June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.

Read rest of the story for more...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629565

Read rest of the story for more...

Uhh... Mike Smith? Rinne had a good season, but Mike Smith should have the third nomination. Lundqvist, Quick, and Smith.

I think they need to take into account that Rinne has a better squad in front of him.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Rinne, no brainer.

Quick, no brainer.

No wait.

Lundqvist, no brainer.

Get real, these guys all had amazing years and it's a coin-toss. I'd put my money on King Henrik since his team had the best success in the regular season and most people agree that he's due for a Vezina, but who knows.

So far these guys have all been stellar in the playoffs as well.. one of their teams may very well take the cup.

Quick, no brainer.

No wait.

Lundqvist, no brainer.

Get real, these guys all had amazing years and it's a coin-toss. I'd put my money on King Henrik since his team had the best success in the regular season and most people agree that he's due for a Vezina, but who knows.

So far these guys have all been stellar in the playoffs as well.. one of their teams may very well take the cup.

AGreed.

It feels like Lundqvist will win it, but it's hard to go wrong.

And he won't win this one either, but Quick deserves the Hart. If not for him the LA Kings are not even close to the playoffs. Most of the season they were dead last in goals scored, and I think finished at 29.