• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
joesuffP

Where does Bertuzzi fit?

Rate this topic

If the wings pick up a primary top 6 goal scorer and we get more depth where does Bertuzzi fit? On which line does Bertuzzi play assuming Holland picks up all the players you would like to be signed to this team. Is he a good enough 3rd liner on a Stanley Cup winning team... I think a 4th line of Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves would be the perfect 4th line for a stanley cup run... no team could match up against it... Assuming they fall down the depth chart because of signings... but where does Bertuzzi fit in the grand scheme of things? My dream 3rd line would be big, strong, physical with a little scoring touch so we would have different looks on every line... I don't see how Bertuzzi can play on this team if we want to be a strong contender

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

YES.

His hockey sense, his vision, his hands, results in a lot of great passes and chances. One reason he still has a job is that he is so versatile he can fit it on lines 1 thru 3. I think he'd do great on a line with Datsyuk and Parise, or Filppula and Z, or Helm and Clears.

If you can keep him out of the penalty box.

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

You must be watching a difference team than I was last year because when he was on the ice and not in the box he was the worst forward when it came to defense.He got lucky his line scored alot of even goals.I wish they had not resigned him,he can't skate.

Bertuzzi actually had 38 points this year, so let's call that "35-40 points", not 40-45. And his cap hit is now $2.075M with the new contract. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want Bertuzzi back next year, but the signing may not have been the smartest one... contract done at mid-season, goes for 2 years, and for more money than he had been making... Holland could have waited until this summer and given Bertuzzi a one-year deal for $1.5M to $1.75M. He slowed late in the year and, other than standing up to Weber, wasn't effective in the playoffs.

Incredibly reliable defensively lol

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

OG Bertuzzi opens up about about mental health issues

Sounds like he's also coaching now? Anyone know where?

Apparently he's the coach of the Oakland Grizzlies.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2016/01/15/bertuzzi-catches-coaching-bug-after-retirement-bringing-his-oakland-grizzlies-from-michigan-to-peterboroughs-midget-tournament-of-champions-this-weekend

It's to bad that Bert had some troubles post retirement, but good that he seems to be in a good place now. Always seemed like a good guy 

9 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Apparently he's the coach of the Oakland Grizzlies.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2016/01/15/bertuzzi-catches-coaching-bug-after-retirement-bringing-his-oakland-grizzlies-from-michigan-to-peterboroughs-midget-tournament-of-champions-this-weekend

It's to bad that Bert had some troubles post retirement, but good that he seems to be in a good place now. Always seemed like a good guy 

Ahhhh no s***, a guy I used to go fishing with coached them for a long time. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Until he felt like paralyzing rookies.

:w00t2: Then he became Mr. Paralytic guy.

Okay, maybe not always seemed like a good guy, but that's kind of what I was referring to: That event that doesn't seem to reflect his real character and it's just too bad that he's so defined by one negative act in most people's mind. I'm sure that would be a hard thing to have that tied to your name. It's good that he's doing well now 

6 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Okay, maybe not always seemed like a good guy, but that's kind of what I was referring to: That event that doesn't seem to reflect his real character and it's just too bad that he's so defined by one negative act in most people's mind. I'm sure that would be a hard thing to have that tied to your name. It's good that he's doing well now 

IMHO he’s a good guy. And people who continue to legitimately blame the guy with that incident are mostly hypocrites and heartless. Besides, he didn’t paralyze Moore anyway, it was all the dumbasses that piled on top. They should all have been charged too. 

Crawford, Canucks and the players piling on top did the most damage. Unfortunately Moore got the worst end of it and Bertuzzi got the mental destruction. 

Society. 

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

IMHO he’s a good guy. And people who continue to legitimately blame the guy with that incident are mostly hypocrites and heartless. Besides, he didn’t paralyze Moore anyway, it was all the dumbasses that piled on top. They should all have been charged too. 

Crawford, Canucks and the players piling on top did the most damage. Unfortunately Moore got the worst end of it and Bertuzzi got the mental destruction. 

Society. 

I remember watching that live, and you are right. After slamming head first like that into the ice, having a pile of players just jump on you is going to just f*** things up even worse.

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Bertuzzi got legit taunted and bullied IRL in Vancouver from what I hear. I met the guy before in one of the malls here in Michigan. Great guy. Took a picture with him, talked about random s***; took his time with a fan. Speaks volumes. 

I do feel bad for Bertuzzi, his coach clearly gave him orders and he followed through on them. The Moore indecent was ugly, and I feel horrible for him, but it was a result of a messed up culture at the time, not Bertuzzi himself.

If I remember correctly, Moore did fight someone early in the game. Should have ended there.

Todd was legit as a big, dangerous low area player. As a defender I would have been alarmed by his presence due to his size, toughness (very hard to move is what I mean really, a combo of size and natural low center of gravity) and excellent sense of game flow.
As for the new Bertuzzi, not so much. Tenacious no doubt. But lacks size and low area presence. Middle of the pack feel of where to be in the offensive zone. 4th liner for a few years if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Todd was legit as a big, dangerous low area player. As a defender I would have been alarmed by his presence due to his size, toughness (very hard to move is what I mean really, a combo of size and natural low center of gravity) and excellent sense of game flow.
As for the new Bertuzzi, not so much. Tenacious no doubt. But lacks size and low area presence. Middle of the pack feel of where to be in the offensive zone. 4th liner for a few years if you ask me.

That's ok though...right?. On your 4th line that is exactly what you want, young, cheap, high energy guys that can score here and there. 

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

That's ok though...right?. On your 4th line that is exactly what you want, young, cheap, high energy guys that can score here and there. 

Absolutely. Granted, would have wanted more, as in maybe shouldering 2nd/3rd line duties (and he's young might still be able to) but I buy that.
Only nagging thought is that he was a 2nd round draft I believe (no time to double check) and from that, I would have Liked to have him on a higher line, but once again, you take what you get.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I love how this thread made a seamless transition from 2012 to 2018.

I am hoping Bert becomes a cheaper version of Abby. As in same skill and ability at a more reasonable price.

Hell be cheap until he signs his contract then we have 2 Abbys

I see him as a Dan Cleary type m ore than Abdelkader.  Abdelkader needs to play with top players to produce, I think/hope Bertuzzi is going to be able to put up 40-ish points a year while spending time on the 3rd line, too.  Abdelkader can't do that.