• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
joesuffP

Where does Bertuzzi fit?

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I see him as a Dan Cleary type m ore than Abdelkader.  Abdelkader needs to play with top players to produce, I think/hope Bertuzzi is going to be able to put up 40-ish points a year while spending time on the 3rd line, too.  Abdelkader can't do that.

Even better. Although Cleary was a scorer in juniors IIRC, Bertuzzi more of a grit guy. Cleary had the skill to generate offense at the NHL level. I don't know that Bert's style will translate to that in the NHL, but I hope you're right.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I see him as a Dan Cleary type m ore than Abdelkader.  Abdelkader needs to play with top players to produce, I think/hope Bertuzzi is going to be able to put up 40-ish points a year while spending time on the 3rd line, too.  Abdelkader can't do that.

Isn't Abby pretty much doing that this year? He has 21 points in 44 games, and has played quite a bit on our 3rd line.

26 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Abdelkader is also getting a ton of PP time.  2:33 a game, just behind Zetterberg and just ahead of Nyquist.

BTW: the top 3 forwards in terms of PP TOI/gm have 3 goals between them.  Abdelkader has 2, Nyquist 1, Zetterberg 0.

Your second paragraph makes your supporting argument in the first one meaningless then.

Why would you do that to yourself???

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Abdelkader is also getting a ton of PP time.  2:33 a game, just behind Zetterberg and just ahead of Nyquist.

BTW: the top 3 forwards in terms of PP TOI/gm have 3 goals between them.  Abdelkader has 2, Nyquist 1, Zetterberg 0.

Especially early in the season, I thought there were a large amount of our PP goals that were due to Abby's screening/ net front work even though he didn't get a point on the goals. 

You have to add to your second statement the context of the team:

Tatar and Mantha each have 7 PP goals,

Frk has 4,

Abby's actually 4th on the team with his 2 PP goals

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/DET/2018.html

And, yes, -as Kick points out - you undercut your own complaint about Abby getting just under Nyquist and Z's PP time by showing yourself that he has more goals than those 2.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

23 hours ago, kickazz said:

Your second paragraph makes your supporting argument in the first one meaningless then.

Why would you do that to yourself???

2 PPG with that much time is terrible.  Slightly less terrible than the other 2 doesn't make it good.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

2 PPG with that much time is terrible.  Slightly less terrible than the other 2 doesn't make it good.

You basically rebuttled kliq's point and said Abby is performing well because he's on the PP. I'm saying his PP time doesn't even help him sihnce he only had 2 PPG, so your excuse is invalid. His points are mostly from even strength as a third liner. Does that make sense? 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

But nobody is disputing that.

You said Abby isn't capable of scoring 40 points in a season playing on the 3rd line.

When I showed you he is on pace to do just that, you said it was because he also plays PP.

Then you stated that he sucks on the PP and has barely any points.

What that insinuates is that he is able to do exactly what it is you said he couldn't in your original post, which is why @kickazz said you pretty much shot down your own argument.

Edited by kliq