Nyquist, Datsyuk, Parise
Franzen, Zetterberg, Fippula
Abdelkader, Helm, Bertuzzi
Tatar, Jarnkrok, Mursak

trade 2 of : Miller, Emmerton, Cleary Eaves
be about it!

#22 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

i think Bert takes over Homer's role, playing maybe 10 mins a game.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#23 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Bertuzzi can definitely keep up with Datsyuk and Parise. He has the hockey sense to do so. And he'll be a definite fixture on the shootout men.

YES.

His hockey sense, his vision, his hands, results in a lot of great passes and chances. One reason he still has a job is that he is so versatile he can fit it on lines 1 thru 3. I think he'd do great on a line with Datsyuk and Parise, or Filppula and Z, or Helm and Clears.

Edited by T.Low, 29 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

He fits in the accounting section under expenses against the cap.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,755 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

YES.

His hockey sense, his vision, his hands, resluts in a lot of great passes and chances. One reason he still has a job is that he is so versatile he can fit it on lines 1 thru 3. I think he'd do great on a line with Datsyuk and Parise, or Filppula and Z, or Helm and Clears.

Are you describing Bertuzzi or Larionov in this post?

...plus Hudler is in charge of the sluts, silly.

Edited by LeftWinger, 27 April 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#26 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I want to see us sign a guy like jokinen to center the third line and move helm to the fourth. Cleary-jokinen-bertuzzi sounds awesome to me.

#27 sureWhyNot

sureWhyNot

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

If the wings pick up a primary top 6 goal scorer and we get more depth where does Bertuzzi fit? On which line does Bertuzzi play assuming Holland picks up all the players you would like to be signed to this team. Is he a good enough 3rd liner on a Stanley Cup winning team... I think a 4th line of Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves would be the perfect 4th line for a stanley cup run... no team could match up against it... Assuming they fall down the depth chart because of signings... but where does Bertuzzi fit in the grand scheme of things? My dream 3rd line would be big, strong, physical with a little scoring touch so we would have different looks on every line... I don't see how Bertuzzi can play on this team if we want to be a strong contender

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings."

- Steve Yzerman

#28 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

YES.

His hockey sense, his vision, his hands, results in a lot of great passes and chances. One reason he still has a job is that he is so versatile he can fit it on lines 1 thru 3. I think he'd do great on a line with Datsyuk and Parise, or Filppula and Z, or Helm and Clears.

If you can keep him out of the penalty box.
- LT

#29 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

You must be watching a difference team than I was last year because when he was on the ice and not in the box he was the worst forward when it came to defense.He got lucky his line scored alot of even goals.I wish they had not resigned him,he can't skate.
- LT

#30 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Bertuzzi actually had 38 points this year, so let's call that "35-40 points", not 40-45. And his cap hit is now $2.075M with the new contract. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want Bertuzzi back next year, but the signing may not have been the smartest one... contract done at mid-season, goes for 2 years, and for more money than he had been making... Holland could have waited until this summer and given Bertuzzi a one-year deal for $1.5M to $1.75M. He slowed late in the year and, other than standing up to Weber, wasn't effective in the playoffs.

#31 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Incredibly reliable defensively lol