• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

Thanks for blocking the footage in the USA... this s*** is interesting as hell to me yet I can never see it because they don't make any effort at all to play it.

Johan just scored and I missed it because I am looking everywhere for some sort of feed.

USA with the win over our brothers to the north.

Usa_-_Flag.jpg

Thanks for blocking the footage in the USA... this s*** is interesting as hell to me yet I can never see it because they don't make any effort at all to play it.

Johan just scored and I missed it because I am looking everywhere for some sort of feed.

I know later around 6 i think they are showing a reply on nbc sports I think.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Here is a link for the Sweden game. Feed is a little fuzzy, but at least you can see the game! It's 1st intermission now.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

speaking of tonight games... Sweden's up 2-1 against Czechs. goals from Franzen and (our) Kronwall ;) Zatta with 2 assists.

and Jimmy had a fine game in US net in the win against Canada. can't explain Slater being called US first game star, after coughing up horrible give away that led to Canada tying game with 1:30 to go in regular time... seriously... how come...?

This is the consolation Cup for those who got eliminated or didn't make it to playoffs.

not really. maybe from North American point of view it looks like this, but for European players this event, played almost always in Europe, is a big deal.

mind you... it's normal time for people here, we can watch the game without losing sleep, and for a big number of fans it's a chance to see home grown

talent. and for those players its a big chance to represent their country which at this side of the pond is still important.

in short: just because it is outside US/North America doesn't mean that it is worse...

Do teams have captains and assistant captains? If so I imagine Z must be one.

I don't recall seeing A's on players jerseys, but team captains... well... it's in the rules of the ice hockey ;)

Alfie is captain of Team Sweden. and he's been playing good

i know canadas goaltending is a little weak but as far as the rest of the team they are stacked, glad to see Jimmy doing work and leading the US forward

Z has looked great thus far. Pavel, not so much. He looks uninterested/injured ?

Pav definitely isn't 100%, hasn't been since his knee-surgery. Not sure why he even decided to play in this tournament instead of resting up.

Z on the other hand was expected to be Sweden's best player and he's more than living up to that.

I read that he was checked into the Norway goaler by Tollefson and a scrum insued, but don't know who was fighting or what.

That would be our (read: Norway) captain, Ole Kristian Tollefsen (former Blue Jackets, Flyers, and Red Wings). Big guy.. Guess he thought he had to pull something to get the team pumped when he started did what he did to Z.