• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

I was looking at the rosters for the 2012 World Championships last night after hearing about Jimmy and Abdelkader on team USA and I wanted to get a look at what the other teams have so far too. I was surprised when I saw all the Red Wings on the Team Sweden roster but I thought that was just a place holder thing since it looked incomplete. I also noticed how sad Team Russia looked with a bunch of randoms from the KHL with the exception of 5 or 6 NHLers including Malkin. Then I came across this link :

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_to_pla_1.html

Pasha might end up playing with Team Russia, that could be interesting to see what he can do with those guys, for the first time in a while, the Red Wings are out early so they can send a few players to the event.

Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen and Jonathan Ericsson will play for Sweden; Jakub Kindl for the Czech Republic, Valtteri Filppula for Finland; Tomas Tatar for Slovakia.

I think this may be pretty fun to watch our Red Wings in action on the international level, considering the way this year's playoffs are going (I'm looking at you, Western Conference)

Rosters

Guest irishock

They have 5+ months

Yeah but both are reaching their mid-30's already. If it was 6-7 years ago they could play as much hockey as they want and that wouldn't hurt them.

Zetterberg and Järnkrok are both on Team Sweden. Would be cool if they get some time on the same line.. although now that Ottawa are eliminated, I guess Silfverberg and Järnkrok will play together.

I was a little disappointed that Kronwall declined, and even though it was a long shot I'd have liked to see Nyquist get asked. He's definitely better than a few of the non-NHLers on the Swedish roster.

I was a little disappointed that Kronwall declined, and even though it was a long shot I'd have liked to see Nyquist get asked. He's definitely better than a few of the non-NHLers on the Swedish roster.

Actually, kronwall changed his mind;

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/hockeyvm/article14741401.ab

So that makes it four wings for team sweden (five if you count järnkrok aswell). That should mean gold to the swedes right? I mean, they have the highest wing-quota :).

Zetterberg and Järnkrok are both on Team Sweden. Would be cool if they get some time on the same line.. although now that Ottawa are eliminated, I guess Silfverberg and Järnkrok will play together.

Z with Jarnkrok and Nyquist would make a pretty sweet Swedish Winged Wheel line. :thumbup:

Pasha might end up playing with Team Russia, that could be interesting to see what he can do with those guys

He'll be good as long as he doesn't play in the same line with Ove and Semin (which appears to be the case this year).

Yeah but both are reaching their mid-30's already. If it was 6-7 years ago they could play as much hockey as they want and that wouldn't hurt them.

It's not any more stressful than if they were still in the playoffs.

Just found this link on the IIHF site for free streams for all the games, some live and some archived on a special YouTube channel.

EDIT: Never mind . . . US is one of the blocked countries. The networks over here are only going to show the US and Canadian games so why not let us see the rest? :ranting:

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

There are 10 Red Wings Players on 2012 IIHF World Championships Rosters. Team USA defeated France 7-2. Justin Abdelkader and Jimmy Howard are on Team USA. Howard made 21 saves in the American's first win of the Tourney. Next up for USA is Canada!! Let's Go USA!!